Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ATT: C5Zs Let’s Settle this…

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol. not trying to be rude or anything but vette driver said cobra won by one car but i clearly saw 3+ cars. regardless, thats how i beat 2 different z06s with my pullied cobra and thats what i was expecting...

again, good runs!
Old 02-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
the next thread should be called cammed and LT's C5Z vs stock GT500...lol... that should br fair right....
did you guys know that a stock c5 z06 owner wanted to race against a "pullied" cobra and also mentioned "if you don't think pullied cobra vs. stock c5z06 isn't drivers race, then you are idiot" and thats why this race was against a stock c5 z06 to show a little proof to somebody. However, it is not over yet, that person who claims stock Z vs pullied cobra is drivers race will race a pullied cobra on saturday. good luck to them.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by doodad
lol. not trying to be rude or anything but vette driver said cobra won by one car but i clearly saw 3+ cars. regardless, thats how i beat 2 different z06s with my pullied cobra and thats what i was expecting...

again, good runs!

I was in the Vette car and it was about 1 car every time, give or take.
The Vette owner shut down @ 120 and Noel (Cobra) kept going most the time.

120 was the agreed shut down though, it wouldn't make that much of a difference, just the mustang edging more and more down the way.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Teching In

again, good runs!
When I spoke to FaSnake, we agreed to only run to 120-130 because of safety, and he said his supercharger heats up when he run above that. So that's as fast as I went. Why he chose to keep going is beyond me, (one run you can hear him shift int 5th) but that's what makes it look like 3-4 cars. At around 120-130, when I let off, I think 1 race he got me by 2, but the majority was 1-1&1/2.

Maybe its not so obvious because when I shut down, I just cruised at the speed instead of slamming on breaks.

Last edited by Savior1974; 02-28-2008 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

i saw when you shut down. I can clearly tell when you shut down. it is a video and result is clearly in there. Cobra got that Z more than 1 car. 1 car = his rear bumper at your front bumper but I clearly saw his entire car still pulling and you shut down. dude, you have a nicer car, I am just saying what i saw on that video. it was way more than 1 car with cobra still pulling up top. great runs. props to both of you!

and just an FYI, when cobra was a good 3 cars ahead of you, he was still slowly pulling and which means you were still on it because if you shut down while the cobra is still at WOT, he would be flying away. at around 3 cars length, you shut down and cobra flew away. it is in the video, I bet you most people will agree me on this that cobra had you by a good 3 cars IMO.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:49 PM

i saw when you shut down. I can clearly tell when you shut down. it is a video and result is clearly in there. Cobra got that Z more than 1 car. 1 car = his rear bumper at your front bumper but I clearly saw his entire car still pulling and you shut down. dude, you have a nicer car, I am just saying what i saw on that video. it was way more than 1 car with cobra still pulling up top. great runs. props to both of you!

and just an FYI, when cobra was a good 3 cars ahead of you, he was still slowly pulling and which means you were still on it because if you shut down while the cobra is still at WOT, he would be flying away. at around 3 cars length, you shut down and cobra flew away. it is in the video, I bet you most people will agree me on this that cobra had you by a good 3 cars IMO.
Wow..... This is plain Cobra Nut hugging^

People like you are killing the thread dude. Even Noel, THE DRIVER OF THE COBRA agreed it was about 1 car maybe 1 1/2 cars for most every race.

I just watched the video again to catch a glimpse of anything you were talking about, and we must not be watching the same video.
1st Race 2:00 - Cobra edges out Vette by about 3/4 of a car.
2st Race 2:30 - Cobra wins about 1 1/2 cars.
3nd Race 3:00 - Cobra wins by just a bit over 1 car
4th Race 3:25 - Cobra wins by a bit more.

Watch the right video, or have your eyes checked.

I was there, The vette owner was there, Cobra owner was there. We all know what happened.

Yes the Cobra would have continued to pull top end, continuing to edge out the Vette, however the agreed speed was 120.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MnMCobra
Wow..... This is plain Cobra Nut hugging^

People like you are killing the thread dude. Even Noel, THE DRIVER OF THE COBRA agreed it was about 1 car maybe 1 1/2 cars for most every race.

I just watched the video again to catch a glimpse of anything you were talking about, and we must not be watching the same video.
1st Race 2:00 - Cobra edges out Vette by about 3/4 of a car.
2st Race 2:30 - Cobra wins about 1 1/2 cars.
3nd Race - Cobra wins by just a bit over 1 car
4rd Race - Cobra wins by a bit more.

Watch the right video, or have your eyes checked.

I was there, The vette owner was there, Cobra owner was there. We all know what happened.

Yes the Cobra would have continued to pull top end, continuing to edge out the Vette, however the agreed speed was 120.

dude, why are you wasting your time? I am not new to racing. I have raced many many times. video is clearly telling me 3+ cars.

check out this thread and read. and let other vette drivers watch the video and ask them what do they think on how many cars cobra put on the vette and they will tell you. Thank god there is a video..

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=464715

People like me kills threads? I am simply telling the truth. oh wait, most people don't like the truths.... I am not gonna argue with you. I say cobra simply put 3+ cars on that Z and I don't give a flying f*** what you think/say!
Old 02-28-2008, 07:01 PM

dude, why are you wasting your time? I am not new to racing. I have raced many many times. video is clearly telling me 3+ cars.

check out this thread and read. and let other vette drivers watch the video and ask them what do they think on how many cars cobra put on the vette and they will tell you. Thank god there is a video..

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=464715

People like me kills threads? I am simply telling the truth. oh wait, most people don't like the truths.... I am not gonna argue with you. I say cobra simply put 3+ cars on that Z and I don't give a flying f*** what you think/say!

...... So then if someone races to 120, shuts down and the other guy goes to 150..... its 2 buses?

That has to be the dumbest **** I have ever heard. The fact that I was in the car during the races I know when the Z shut down, in the uneditied videos I also look at the speedo which isn't moving to show he shut down.

Nice try though.

You are a prime example of bad reputation for Cobras.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:01 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

A Cobra beats a Vette and it comes to this? The Cobra had more power and the Cobra won by more than a car and constistantly walking away. I would not have let off until 140 no matter what I was racing. Good race, great vid. Damn.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Staging Lane

You are a prime example of bad reputation for Cobras.

dude, watch the second run where I think you or the driver said "damn". I can clearly hear the Z's exhaust still at WOT at the time you said "damn" and right after that Z shut down and when you said damn, the cobra was 3 cars away at least!

now somebody tell me when this dude said "damn" the Z wasn't at WOT. you can clearly hear the roarring exhaust!

I wanna hear your respond to this. I am at home now and watched the video with sound. LOL.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Teching In

The second race the Cobra was CLEARLY ahead at LEAST 2.5 cars when the Vette let off of the accelerator. The point that the Vette lets off is easily visible.

The third race, the Vette isn't even lined up, but is already out 1/2 car at the hit.

4th race (1st dig run) the Cobra pulls ~2 cars before the Vette lets off.

The 5th race, the Cobra is clearly ahead by ~3.5+ cars. Granted, the Vette sounded like he spun.

I consider a 1 car pull, as do most others, as the front bumper being at the rear bumper of the other car.

I would also like to add that I am in no way a fanboy of Ford/Cobra's. I absolutely LOVE Corvettes, they are no doubt the best performance vehicle for the price - they do everything well. It will most certainly be my next car.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
A Cobra beats a Vette and it comes to this? The Cobra had more power and the Cobra won by more than a car and constistantly walking away. I would not have let off until 140 no matter what I was racing. Good race, great vid. Damn.
<---- Look at my name I am a fan of Cobras lol. I was glad the Cobra won, however I am telling the facts straight. I could see maybe calling it two cars, since the Cobra started behind sometimes, but 3 cars isn't what happened. I was there during the race so I know.

I agree the Cobra won and rightfully so and pulled the Z all the way, he was a extremely cool guy too.

That doesn't change the fact that from 30/35/40-120 there is about a 1-2 car win over the Z by the cobra.

The Cobra was the one who also first said shut down @ 120. Just FYI.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:10 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

WAIT, watch the vid at 2:20 (2nd race the Vette is 1/2 car ahead on hit) ...that race continues until at a defining moment at 2:29 the Cobra is exactly 1 full car ahead, back bumper to front bumper and BOTH cars can clearly be heard going WOT and some guy in the Vette goes "DAMN" at 2:33 with the Cobra a good 3 cars on the Vette still going WOT. That race ends with the Vette clearly letting off at 2:36 and the Cobra an easy 3-4 cars ahead and trucking.
Now get mad and watch it and realize I love both cars. No favorites.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Steeda30
The second race the Cobra was CLEARLY ahead at LEAST 2.5 cars when the Vette let off of the accelerator. The point that the Vette lets off is easily visible.

The third race, the Vette isn't even lined up, but is already out 1/2 car at the hit.

4th race (1st dig run) the Cobra pulls ~2 cars before the Vette lets off.

The 5th race, the Cobra is clearly ahead by ~3.5+ cars. Granted, the Vette sounded like he spun.

I consider a 1 car pull, as do most others, as the front bumper being at the rear bumper of the other car.
I am over arguing with Doodad, he is king of knowledge and experienced the races first hand.

I would Say your reading is just about right. Considering the starting positions and release off the pedal. Thats why I said 1-2 cars. The Z stops @ 120 everytime, while the Cobra goes to 140 minimum about every time.

The 4th race (1st Dig) was closer than that I do believe, its just about the shutting off point.

5th Race the Vette owner actually bogged, and it was over before it started.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
WAIT, watch the vid at 2:20 (2nd race the Vette is 1/2 car ahead on hit) ...that race continues until at a defining moment at 2:29 the Cobra is exactly 1 full car ahead, back bumper to front bumper and BOTH cars can clearly be heard going WOT and some guy in the Vette goes "DAMN" at 2:33 with the Cobra a good 3 cars on the Vette still going WOT. That race ends with the Vette clearly letting off at 2:36 and the Cobra an easy 3-4 cars ahead and trucking.

Now get mad and watch it and realize I love both cars. No favorites.

I see where you can make that deduction but He lets off as I am looking at the speedo, hence why you don't see it move.... He doesn't hit the brakes or let off the gas he just eases it out so it looks worse that it appears man.

I say the cobra had him by about 2 1/2 cars including the starting position.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you guys for ruining a good thread. Doodad, stop. Who cares if it was two or three....we all know that the cobra needs 2x the volumetric efficiency to pull the z.
Good runs, I mean wow its a modded FI car vs a stock n/a car.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevegrizzle
Thank you guys for ruining a good thread. Doodad, stop. Who cares if it was two or three....we all know that the cobra needs 2x the volumetric efficiency to pull the z.
Good runs, I mean wow its a modded FI car vs a stock n/a car.
Oh and doodad ive beaten two 03 cobras at the track so BOLTON FBODY>PULLIED COBRA, RIGHT?
Old 02-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Staging Lane

I was in the Vette car and it was about 1 car every time, give or take.
you said 1 car every time and now you are going 1-2 cars.

dude, you are deniying the truth. watch the second video again, watch where the passenger said "damn" whle the vette is still at WOT and cobra is already 3+ cars ahead.

here is a picture way before passenger said "damn" cobra is already 2,5 cars ahead. too bad, cameraman started to shoot the speedo and we couldn't see the exact lenght of the cobra but we all saw, cobra was pulling hard still.

edit: oh now you went up to 2 1/2 cars. LOL

Ford god's sake, somebody tell me if this is anywhere close to "1" car.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Stop benchracing.com!
Old 02-28-2008, 07:22 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by stevegrizzle
Good runs, I mean wow its a modded FI car vs a stock n/a car
Unnecessary

Quick Reply: ATT: C5Zs Let’s Settle this…