Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ATT: C5Zs Let’s Settle this…

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
POST UP when you dyno it........
How about you roll with me to get some numbers too. I bet the modded Ti's are good for a few extra, they sure sound like it.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Savior1974
How about you roll with me to get some numbers too. I bet the modded Ti's are good for a few extra, they sure sound like it.
First I need to swap my 19" to my stock Z06's..... My brother could probably go too...... Are you going to do the dynoing(sp?) in Cunningham motorsports....in Lake Elsinore?
Old 02-27-2008, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doodad
I dont know about tune but i have beaten a catback / intake z06s with my pullied cobra. also yeah cobra has more power but it also weighs way more.

P.S. this thread is already ruined but at least, point proven pullied cobra > stock c5 z06.
Once again.... You cant go by just that one video and say a pullied cobra is always going to win against a stock c5 z06. If we wanted to go by one video, then we could go by the OPs video and say stock c5 z06 > pullied cobra.... Since he did pull the win out. Best way to put it is pullied cobra vs. stock c5 z06 = drivers race.... For the most part.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

this thread went down the *******. i say clean it up then let the two racers put up their videos and put the lock down on it.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
First I need to swap my 19" to my stock Z06's..... My brother could probably go too...... Are you going to do the dynoing(sp?) in Cunningham motorsports....in Lake Elsinore?
This is where I'm gonna get dynoed.

Sunday, March 2nd. 9am to 5pm

Dyno Xtreme
8250 Cerritos Ave
Stanton, CA 90680
714-231-4299

Lot's of free food and fun.
Dyno $45 (add $10 for wideband)

All 2wd cars welcome to dyno, *DYNOJET DYNO!!!!!* all cars welcome.

Cash prizes for top forced induction and NA cars, lowest hp wins $45.

Plenty of raffle prizes for all attendees.

This meet is on sunday March 2 at DynoXtreme. This event takes place in the city of Stanton. There will be at least 250 cars for the show and shine and about 50+ cars that would dyno that day. We will be having Carne asada and drinks for everyone with a live DJ. There will also be a couple of girls that will be washing your cars for tips so just in case your car is "dirty" and dont worry they will be using microfiber towels.We will also be giving out prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners for the dyno runs. Last year we the 1st place winner that hit 850hp. There will be alot of high end cars so there will be alot to see. For R.S.V.P. on the dyno call Sarkis at (714)231-4299. This event will start at 9:00 a.m. till about 8:00 p.m. DynoXtreme is located on 8260 cerritos ave. Stanton CA, 90680
Old 02-27-2008, 04:49 PM
TECH Resident

This is where I'm gonna get dynoed.
Thats real close to super autobacs.... I'll Pm you if I can make it...
Old 02-27-2008, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Renegade87
do they have to be american to be nice? why are you coming in here and talkin like that and making this thread go downhill!?
They don't have to american to be good cars. I like a lot of imports, as long as they are actually good cars and not full of appearance ****. You're the ignorant fool who is saying that you want to stir **** up and calling out other idiot's like yourself to come in here and argue over nothing. The beginning of this thread was amazing and the fact that everything went through was great. Better yet, neither of the two drivers made any excuse. Now other people are trying to make excuses for the Z losing. There's no need to bring in "what if" circumstances.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NVR KNO
Once again.... You cant go by just that one video and say a pullied cobra is always going to win against a stock c5 z06. If we wanted to go by one video, then we could go by the OPs video and say stock c5 z06 > pullied cobra.... Since he did pull the win out. Best way to put it is pullied cobra vs. stock c5 z06 = drivers race.... For the most part.
dude do you not understand that i have experienced this more than 3 times myself and now this video? I have beaten a KB cobra on the highway because driver didnt know how to drive, should i say it is a drivers race witha pullied cobra now? GET REAL. I can't believe this **** is happing now and i sold the car 3 weeks ago I would prove you guys over and over and over and over with 10 different stock Z06s with 10 different video me pulling on them. been there 3 times and wouldn't mind for more.

I mean come on, a stcock c5 Z06 ran BEST OF 11.7@119-120MPH on a 1/4 mile and that is "BEST" and a pullied cobra ran best of 11.2@124mph on 1/4 mile and that is BEST. i clearly see AT LEAST 3 cars in that race.

Heck, i personally ran 11.34 with almost 122mph on a 1/4 mile with my upper only 455rwhp cobra, how the heck you come out of a closet and say it is a drivers race? somebody make sense. cobra runs faster ET, traps higher and for some reasion, it is a driver race? well your best driver couldn't run any faster than 11.7 or trap any higher than 119mph or 120mph. what now?? again, GET REAL!!!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 02-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

we all know there are tons of bad drivers out there driving fast cars such as 642rwhp mid 12 sec cobra that i knew. I am talking about cars. I am taking one car on one had and the other on the other hand and comparing them and pullied cobra > Z. period. nothing wrong with that. when it comes to the streets, I saw a c6 z06 getting beat by a pullied cobra. me beating a KB cobra, stage 2 srt-4 beating a ported cobra.

then for the most part, every car on the streets is drivers race because other driver simply can put his z in 6th gear at 50mph to race against a stock civic SI and civic pulls on him because driver sucked on the other side and it is a drivers race.

compare two machines!!!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 05:45 PM
11 Second Club

anybody that thinks bald tires don't make a difference obviously hasn't tried the same launch with drag radials...try it one time and you won't say it again...and you'll beat the Cobra
Old 02-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
anybody that thinks bald tires don't make a difference obviously hasn't tried the same launch with drag radials...try it one time and you won't say it again...and you'll beat the Cobra
did you watch the video? he "ALREADY" out launched the cobra and got passed in mid 2nd gear or so. so him having bald or not bald tires didn't effect, regardless of that, he launched better than the cobra.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
maybe he would have came out a bit harder but the cobra caught him at the top of 2/ bottom of 3rd and was around him by the time they went in forth. the vette wasnt blistering the tires off of it. cobra still would have won. cobra also won in the roll races too. the vette owner isnt makin excuses you jack *** fanboys are. if it had been the other way around and the cobra got pulled by a car it would have still been a good race and props to both drivers. you wanna watch the video again?? the vett got pulled get over it. what is this and what if that. WHAT IF WHAT HAPPEND HAPPEND AND THE VETTE GOT PULLED.
no disrespect at all to the vett owner. sweet car good races and good fun.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:01 PM
Teching In

If I had DR's, then my car wouldn't be stock. Stock vs Pullied was the debate, so that was the race. No excuses from me.

BTW he pulled me 3rd gear... not second.

:tongue:
Old 02-27-2008, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

If I had DR's, then my car wouldn't be stock. Stock vs Pullied was the debate, so that was the race. No excuses from me.

BTW he pulled me 3rd gear... not second.

:tongue:
sorry not taking anything away from you or the race at all. im not trying to talk up cobras as well. if it were the other way around id be just as pissed if all the cobra guys ruined the thread with flaming. it was a call out that got accepted. the race went down and there was an outcome. some people just cant accept that.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

yeah, tons of respect to Z owner who took the challenge came back posted here. Honestly, i would take a c5 Z06 over a cobra any day even though i love cobras. Z is a better car overall.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What you sell your Cobra for? If you dont mind me asking....
Old 02-27-2008, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doodad

I mean come on, a stcock c5 Z06 ran BEST OF 11.7@119-120MPH on a 1/4 mile and that is "BEST" and a pullied cobra ran best of 11.2@124mph on 1/4 mile and that is BEST. i clearly see AT LEAST 3 cars in that race.
the op is talking from a roll race not a track. obviously a cobra with drag radials will have a huge track advantage on a z06 with factory run flats.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 180ls1
the op is talking from a roll race not a track. obviously a cobra with drag radials will have a huge track advantage on a z06 with factory run flats.
Sorry to let you down bro... But the results were the same from a roll as the were from a dig.

And Zs come with F1 Supercar tires, not the run craps.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

What you sell your Cobra for? If you dont mind me asking....
I needed to save some money for a private project and i had another car sitting in the garrage (97 trans am) without getting driven which was paid off. basicly, reasion was money.

Quick Reply: ATT: C5Zs Let’s Settle this…