Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ATT: C5Zs Let’s Settle this…

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MnMCobra
This thread was great last night and all seemed to be a thread that wouldn't lead to to much bs, but here it comes. Now everyone is adding two cents on why this or that happened, makes it pointless that Savior and Snake even raced.

Both of the Drivers had no excuses, had a good time and it was all fun and in the spirit of competition. Now people are saying maybe because Savior didn't powershift, but I don't believe the cobra was either. Yes Savior was in Comp mod for every run, In his 2 month experience he managed to out launch the Cobra who was on Nittos. Both drivers did fine, and the races were great.

Please do not start making excuses and what ifs, this was a good race and just friendly competition to prove a point.

Exactly. Let's not ruin this thread.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But what if the corvette had a supercharger? lol jk
Old 02-27-2008, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

Like I said, it should've been locked before **** started. Call-out, set up, race, video, done.

Dan
Old 02-27-2008, 01:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

or better yet...twin turbos with nitrous...that wouldn't be a what if.... it would just be nasty

Look guys were not taking away from the op's race just having a little fun at work...get over it
Old 02-27-2008, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hurley_21_07
Like I said, it should've been locked before **** started. Call-out, set up, race, video, done.

Dan
we havent got the the roll vids from the cobra yet so we cant lock it yet
Old 02-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PowershifterNC
or better yet...twin turbos with nitrous...that wouldn't be a what if.... it would just be nasty

Look guys were not taking away from the op's race just having a little fun at work...get over it
i am trying to have fun at work as well. so someone said the cobra was on nitto's and we all know the vette had bald tires. so what if the vette had some nitto's you think the extra uhpm he got out of the launch from them would be enough to hold the cobra a little longer, like the very original poster said to about 130? i think so. dude needs to go buy new tires and then try again. if you got the cobra on the launch with bald tires image with some nitto's! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Renegade87
i am trying to have fun at work as well. so someone said the cobra was on nitto's and we all know the vette had bald tires. so what if the vette had some nitto's you think the extra uhpm he got out of the launch from them would be enough to hold the cobra a little longer, like the very original poster said to about 130? i think so. dude needs to go buy new tires and then try again. if you got the cobra on the launch with bald tires image with some nitto's! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Z06s tires were not "Bald", He didn't have traction for about 2 out of the 4 rolls, and that was @ 30MPH. They sped up a little and still a tiny bit of traction loss but I HIGHLY doubt that just with a change of tire, the outcome would have been different from a roll. However from a dig anything is possibly because its highly dependent on the driver.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Teching In

I've got all the roll race videos too. Just Gotta take time and edit my face out, But there pretty much all the same. Me pulling at first like half a car, him pulling it back 3rd gear, then him walks away about a car in 4th before I shut down at the agreed 130mph.

Its funny though because I let off at 130, and he keeps going to 140, so it makes it look WAY worse lol.

And actually Mike.. my tires are bald, but I don't think it played a factor at all. F1's stick pretty decent when heated as we saw.

Last edited by Savior1974; 02-27-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MnMCobra
This thread was great last night and all seemed to be a thread that wouldn't lead to to much bs, but here it comes. Now everyone is adding two cents on why this or that happened, makes it pointless that Savior and Snake even raced.

Both of the Drivers had no excuses, had a good time and it was all fun and in the spirit of competition. Now people are saying maybe because Savior didn't powershift, but I don't believe the cobra was either. Yes Savior was in Comp mod for every run, In his 2 month experience he managed to out launch the Cobra who was on Nittos. Both drivers did fine, and the races were great.

Please do not start making excuses and what ifs, this was a good race and just friendly competition to prove a point.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Banned

ohh no im gunna sit and make excuses all friggin day man! i gotta stur the **** up.

im soo angry a car with 100 less rwhp only lost by 1 car up to 120. it just makes my blood boil. haha
Old 02-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Banned

and to the very original poster who made the forum on the svt site, you said you had a lay in k&n filter when you raced the pullied cobra correct? so ASSUMING there was a more experienced driver, with not bald tires, with a K&N, i think the Z would be either dead even or a little pit hair ahead.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Savior1974
I've got all the roll race videos too. Just Gotta take time and edit my face out, But there pretty much all the same. Me pulling at first like half a car, him pulling it back 3rd gear, then him walks away about a car in 4th before I shut down at the agreed 120mph.

Its funny though because I let off at 120, and he keeps going to 140, so it makes it look WAY worse lol.

And actually Mike.. my tires are bald, but it didn't play a factor at all. F1's stick pretty decent when heated as we saw.
Our definition of Bald is different. My tires were bald as in limit, you still have about 25% tread life? It was night so I may be mistaken. Regardless I don't think it would have changed the outcome to much, since we did find traction once we stopped doing 30 rolls.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Teching In

LOL I don't think anyone drives there tires to the metal like you. I've got barly any thread on them, too many burnouts when I first got it lol. But I don't think it was the ''key factor''.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:47 PM

Whatever still got 2.0 60 in a FWD .

I think what we all can learn from this thread is,

SRT4 > Corvette & Cobra
Old 02-27-2008, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ohh no im gunna sit and make excuses all friggin day man! i gotta stur the **** up.

im soo angry a car with 100 less rwhp only lost by 1 car up to 120. it just makes my blood boil. haha
Stop trying to start ****. His tires were not too bad obviously because if you watch the video the z06 got a better launch. Don't try to ruin this thread.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Teching In

I will have to agree with you on that point, I'm pretty proud in how the car performed. From the beginning I already knew I was gonna lose, The hp difference was too great, I just wanted to see how I hung. And I think my stock Z hung pretty good, considering it whp.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Teching In

I will have to agree with you on that point, I'm pretty proud in how the car performed. From the beginning I already knew I was gonna lose, The hp difference was too great, I just wanted to see how I hung. And I think my stock Z hung pretty good, considering it whp.
Exactly. The Z is a bad *** platform to start with, and it's come down in price enough so that most of us can afford to own one now.

Now go get an intake, exhaust, a tune, some decent tires and a little more seat time and reverse those results
Old 02-27-2008, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 05WhiteSRT4
Exactly. The Z is a bad *** platform to start with, and it's come down in price enough so that most of us can afford to own one now.

Now go get an intake, exhaust, a tune, some decent tires and a little more seat time and reverse those results
X2
Old 02-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Banned

for real man, makes me think about my next car and how its gotta be a vette now. damn everytime i get a new car its more expensive and gets worse mileage and goes alot faster. its the need for speed man!

and to the very original op. i love it.
CYA v-tec just kicked in! hahahahaha.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Teching In

put a kb on the cobra and laugh at the z for the rest of its life..

Quick Reply: ATT: C5Zs Let’s Settle this…