Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

fun rivalry

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008 | 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

Default fun rivalry

Heres the deal, I got my camaro in sig, mostly stock, puts 290 hp and 390 tq to the ground but its on street tires. My cousin and I got a small rivalry now that he just sold his 89 5 ho to finance an 05 sti, bone stock. We're gonna race eventually and I'm wondering who's gonna win. I think his car would run dead on mid 13s all day. Just seems like his car might be faster cause its AWD. Depending if I hook I'm thinking mid-low 13s for me. Who would win?
Old 02-29-2008 | 12:24 AM
On The Tree

It will be really close. Go from a roll for an advantage. STI's run mid-low 13's showroom stock.
Old 02-29-2008 | 12:42 AM
Staging Lane

I don't know man, it will have to be a real low roll because as of now I got nothing but a stump puller, stock exhaust seems to be holding me back alot
Old 02-29-2008 | 01:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by myTreadZz
I don't know man, it will have to be a real low roll because as of now I got nothing but a stump puller, stock exhaust seems to be holding me back alot
what do you have for exhaust? and as long as he does not 60ft the hell out of you you should be able to catch him.
Old 02-29-2008 | 02:15 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 180ls1
what do you have for exhaust? and as long as he does not 60ft the hell out of you you should be able to catch him.
stock exhaust manifolds, and stock pipes, only change is flowmaster mufflers. Motor got 6.0 L 190 cc street heads, I don't know enough about heads yet, but i think the flow is restricted by the exhaust if piping is not at least 3"

Pacesetter LTs and y arrive tomorrow, just saving up for magnaflow cb and i'm expecting to see some nice gains
Old 02-29-2008 | 11:32 AM
Teching In

stock exhaust manifolds, and stock pipes, only change is flowmaster mufflers. Motor got 6.0 L 190 cc street heads, I don't know enough about heads yet, but i think the flow is restricted by the exhaust if piping is not at least 3"

Pacesetter LTs and y arrive tomorrow, just saving up for magnaflow cb and i'm expecting to see some nice gains
Once you get the LTs on your car, it will wake up alot. I wouldnt worry bout the STi. go from a higher roll and you should pull. From a stop its all about if you can 60ft his *** and if you can drive lol
Old 02-29-2008 | 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya you should gain at least 30rwhp with that exhaust setup, at least that if not more. With true duals you might gain closer to 40rwhp
Old 02-29-2008 | 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Cya_Vtec
Once you get the LTs on your car, it will wake up alot. I wouldnt worry bout the STi. go from a higher roll and you should pull. From a stop its all about if you can 60ft his *** and if you can drive lol
I'll hook well at 30 mph with 3/4 throttle, should be an interesting race, and I wanna win to uphold Domestics > imports
Old 02-29-2008 | 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 180ls1
ya you should gain at least 30rwhp with that exhaust setup, at least that if not more. With true duals you might gain closer to 40rwhp
I'm hoping to see about 45 to the wheels after a good tune, true duals are kind of outta the question for me right now

Last edited by myTreadZz; 02-29-2008 at 02:09 PM.