Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran a srt8 charger

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ran a srt8 charger

He posts on here and said that he wanted to run "red rocket". I told him the spot where the local guys meet up at. On the way there we ended up meeting at the same gas station . On the way to the spot we mess around and do some rolls, 20, 30, 40 etc. We each win a few. After hangin out for a hour or so we lined em up. 1st run from a dig: I dead hook on the nittos, he spun bad, I thought he didnt even launch so by 40mph I get on the brakes to so wats up, he said that he spun and wanted to go again. 2nd run dig: I hook again and he still spins I jump out 4 cars almost instantly and keep inching away until I shut her down at 130mph with 5 or so cars on him. 3rd run 20mph roll: I wanted a roll and let him pick the speed, he spun some and I still hook, I pull a car instantly and keep inching away and shut her down with a 1.5-2 cars on him dunt remember the mph. He runs 12.9's at 110 with a 2.1 60ft, I havent taken mine to the track yet. My mods are in sig, I also have milled 241 heads.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

Good kills, get some track times!!
Old 02-26-2008, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1SS01
Good kills, get some track times!!
The pot calling the kettle black don't you think??
Old 02-27-2008, 12:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good kill
Old 02-27-2008, 09:14 AM
Staging Lane

Nice kill! Any dyno numbers too?

Tell him to get the Predator tuner and CAI. He'll love it. Just the 91octane tune I'm spinning into 2nd and lunging into 3rd. Never happened before. I'll need to get it dyno'd again too.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:30 AM
12 Second Club

his mods:cai, tbs, flowmaster 40, diablo predator- perf cai canned tune
(taken from his sig)
Old 02-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Teching In

Yea he's right he got me good. I'ts no excuse, but i couldn't hook up for sh t! Its ok I took my lickin and I'm still in a god mood. I got beat bad by a very low 12 or high 11 sec car. My props to him his car is damn fast. Still mine looks better!!
Old 02-27-2008, 11:44 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by best210
Yea he's right he got me good. I'ts no excuse, but i couldn't hook up for sh t! Its ok I took my lickin and I'm still in a god mood. I got beat bad by a very low 12 or high 11 sec car. My props to him his car is damn fast. Still mine looks better!!
2x on spinnin
but my car is nowhere close to 11's yet on still on the stock stall and stock cam with work done to the stock heads. You need to post up those pics you took in the multimedia section. When I take her to the track Ill give ya a buzz.
if ya get the chance register onmustangsandfastcars.com Its our local site
Old 02-28-2008, 10:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by best210
Still mine looks better!!
Well, thats straight up opinion, lol. Not that Chargers aren't nice.

Still, with an SRT-8 Charger you are looking at an average of 5.0 on the 0-60, that depending on the driver. Not incredibly fast by some of todays standards, considering the LS1 came out several years ago in the Fbodys, making half that power and running the same average time on the 0-60.

Trap speeds are a little different, with the Charger a bit ahead.

Nice race, though. Good kill.

Maybe now he wants to take on a lightly modded Cobra,!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good races. I finally got a chance to play with an SRT8 Charger last week. Guy took off from a light leavin a couple of black lines in the road. I was behind him in the passing lane and managed to slip past him at about 60mph hitting the stride of my 2nd gear. I saw him stick a thumbs up out of his window from my rearview. Car was pretty loud, but don't know what he had done. It put up a much better fight than most of the cars I run into around here. If I had money, I'd own one for a DD. Those cars look damn sexy in black.

Makes me wonder how much of a terror those new Hemis would be if they were being put into 3300-3500 lb rwd coupes.........and Chrsyler wasn't being such a dick about letting the aftermarket for these motors take off.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

way to show that mopar whats up! LS1= king ****!
Old 02-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hepcatws6
Well, thats straight up opinion, lol. Not that Chargers aren't nice.

Still, with an SRT-8 Charger you are looking at an average of 5.0 on the 0-60, that depending on the driver. Not incredibly fast by some of todays standards, considering the LS1 came out several years ago in the Fbodys, making half that power and running the same average time on the 0-60.

Trap speeds are a little different, with the Charger a bit ahead.

Nice race, though. Good kill.

Maybe now he wants to take on a lightly modded Cobra,!
You're quoting 0-60 times and claiming "Fbodys" make HALF the power?? LMAO!

If you want 0-60 times, C&D ran a 4.7 and a lot of owners are getting mid-high 4s on their EVIC vehicle computers. 0-60 is an almost meaningless measurement.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
w Hemis would be if they were being put into 3300-3500 lb rwd coupes.........and Chrsyler wasn't being such a dick about letting the aftermarket for these motors take off.
It was about 1 year after the initial deliveries that the Diablo came out. B&G before that. Just the canned 91octane CAI tune and I'm getting wheel spin on the 1-2 shift and the 2-3 shift lunges. Never had that before. I'd say the aftermarket has arrived.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
It was about 1 year after the initial deliveries that the Diablo came out. B&G before that. Just the canned 91octane CAI tune and I'm getting wheel spin on the 1-2 shift and the 2-3 shift lunges. Never had that before. I'd say the aftermarket has arrived.
Cool, I didn't know that.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:53 PM
11 Second Club

I just tuned my SRT8 Charger with the Diablo too, all it has is a cai...man what a difference without that silly hesitation between shifts....it's as much of a difference as when I got the TM tuned out of the vette. I bet it picks up .3-.5 tenths at the track now.

BTW, "ThisBlood"....down where you list that you live, there is a performance shop that has a Black SRT8 Charger....it's a bad ****, man. I talked to the guy when I bought the tuner and he says it's in the 11's, no specifics, but says he likes to race it on the street.....
Old 02-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Evilways
I just tuned my SRT8 Charger with the Diablo too, all it has is a cai...man what a difference without that silly hesitation between shifts....it's as much of a difference as when I got the TM tuned out of the vette. I bet it picks up .3-.5 tenths at the track now.

BTW, "ThisBlood"....down where you list that you live, there is a performance shop that has a Black SRT8 Charger....it's a bad ****, man. I talked to the guy when I bought the tuner and he says it's in the 11's, no specifics, but says he likes to race it on the street.....
I'm going to find out 3/19! I expect a big mph increase since my 2-3 shift after start-up KILLS my trap speed horribly.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:03 PM
11 Second Club

I'm going to find out 3/19! I expect a big mph increase since my 2-3 shift after start-up KILLS my trap speed horribly.
Just be sure to park it for a cool down after every run. Heat soak and timing being pulled really hurts these cars. I've seen a chart where at 89 degrees ambiant temp, the car pulls 16 degrees of timing, and since our cais are trapped under hood and in that corner, the inlet air sensor often reads higher than 89 degrees, even in cooler weather. The metal intake is a heat soak concern as well, I'm gonna ice mine down between runs. I wish they made a composite intake, ala the LS based intakes on GMs so that heat soak wouldn't be so prevalent.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've heard about a couple of nicely modded SRT8's in my area. But I'm pretty sure the one I ran wasn't the one you're talking about. An 11 sec Charger would have trounced my GT.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Staging Lane

Just be sure to park it for a cool down after every run. Heat soak and timing being pulled really hurts these cars. I've seen a chart where at 89 degrees ambiant temp, the car pulls 16 degrees of timing, and since our cais are trapped under hood and in that corner, the inlet air sensor often reads higher than 89 degrees, even in cooler weather. The metal intake is a heat soak concern as well, I'm gonna ice mine down between runs. I wish they made a composite intake, ala the LS based intakes on GMs so that heat soak wouldn't be so prevalent.
Oh I know. I'm well aware and use the ice, hood up, etc. What I noticed is the 1st time 2-3 shift after start-up is, according to the SRT Chat session with the engineers, is a diagnostic shift.

It's so bad, I look down at the dash expecting warning lights as I climb past the 80mph mark at the strip. It NEVER happens on the street. I try to get to over 20mph in the staging lanes at Sears Point but it's very difficult.

Now with the Predator, I look down after the surge into 3rd and I'm at 85mph...I can't wait for when we go to Sears again.

But I'm not sure I'll trap 113mph though......