Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Audi s4 "chip mode" kill

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi s4 "chip mode" kill

Lol so its the first warm day of the year here in chicago, and me and my buddy are taking out my full bolt on cammed m6 99 formula, well as were driving an audi s4 pulls along side, and takes off before we can set, i get back along side him and setup...i give him the 3 fingers and he obliges...3rd honk at about 55 me in second were off, i pull about a car slam third another 2 4 gear and it was a buslength or 2....anyways so we get to the light and the guy says " i need to put it in chip mode, its good for 50 horse" so we do same race and this time its even worse, as he catches back up he tells me "man your cars ******* sick" in any event i looked up the specs and they are twin turboed.....350 horse? I was more than happy with my cars performance lol anyone know where i can get a chip good for 50 horse, hahahaha
Old 03-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Launching!

tough crowd today
Old 03-02-2008, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

I would have asked if he used Ruffles or Lays chips lol good kill.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Launching!

lolol, i should have
Old 03-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Banned

The twin turbo v-6's have less than 300 HP. The newer v8's I believe have 340 HP IIRC.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Launching!

correct i just read that...this was definately the twin turbo one then, he had ot have some mods...im thinking he was messing with some kind of boost controller or some other crap
Old 03-02-2008, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The older TT ones are a pretty good platform though. A guy around here traps 130+. He has upgraded turbos and supporting mods.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the bi-turbo v6s are more mod friendly and can be made pretty beastly.

good kill.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Launching!

thanks man, it was a quick little car, till i hit 3-4 gear, lol got my heads coming this week, cant wait
Old 03-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Staging Lane

"Chip Mode" FTW!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 04:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScreaminBird99
Lol so its the first warm day of the year here in chicago, and me and my buddy are taking out my full bolt on cammed m6 99 formula, well as were driving an audi s4 pulls along side, and takes off before we can set, i get back along side him and setup...i give him the 3 fingers and he obliges...3rd honk at about 55 me in second were off, i pull about a car slam third another 2 4 gear and it was a buslength or 2....anyways so we get to the light and the guy says " i need to put it in chip mode, its good for 50 horse" so we do same race and this time its even worse, as he catches back up he tells me "man your cars ******* sick" in any event i looked up the specs and they are twin turboed.....350 horse? I was more than happy with my cars performance lol anyone know where i can get a chip good for 50 horse, hahahaha

thats like a MAJOR F$^& you! hahahahah
Old 03-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Launching!

lolololol, hrmmm anyone else interested in the 3 fingers, hahaha
Old 03-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Restricted User

He probably had a stock s4. They're 250hp to the flywheel. Stage one (chip or stand alone) will get you low 13's, stage 2 (exhaust and intake) will get you high 12's, and stage 3 (oem K04 turbos) have yeilded high tens on high boost (c16) and a gutted body. The guy you raced was a complete tool. Might have been fractionally closer from a dig.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:08 AM
TECH Junkie

EMCS is available for this car. EMCS is APR's revolutionary patent pending Enhanced Modular Chipping System. EMCS is an industry leading technology that brings many new features to the automotive enthusiast. This technology was developed exclusively by Audi Performance & Racing, LLC and demonstrates APR's continued commitment to lead the industry with the most technologically advanced products available.

Want chipped mode? Want to be able to switch back to your stock settings? Want a race mode to run 100 octane fuel at the track? How about a valet mode that limits power? EMCS is the lone technology on the market that can give you all of these options. No changing of the chip or ECU is required. These programs are available at the touch of a button.

APR has taken your cruise control buttons and utilized them for this function. Your cruise control will continue to function as normal, but will give you the ability to scroll through the programs you have purchased on your APR chipped ECU. The procedure is simple and involves only two steps.

Step 1: Press and hold the "set" button on your cruise control. After approximately five seconds, the "check engine" light on your dash will begin to blink once per second. This will tell you that you are activating program one. This blinking sequence will continue for approximately five seconds.

After this five second interval, the "check engine" light will begin blinking twice per second. This will indicate that you have activated the second program. This process is continued to access any remaining programs you may have purchased. (three blinks = program three, four blinks = program four).

Step 2: Once you have activated the desired program, simply release the "set" button. The "check engine" light will go off, and you will be locked in that program until you change it.

It's that simple.

APR's EMCS is a truly modular system that allows for future enhancements and features to be added as they are developed without the need for additional hardware. EMCS makes the following advanced features possible:
EMCS Circuit Board and
Programmer End

EMCS Home Programmer

EMCS System

FlipSwitch
Enables you to swap between two or more engine programs on-the-fly using the cruise control stalk. All cars have stock and standard chipped program versions available. Valet, race-gas, and other specialty programs are available for some models.

Fault Code Erase/Throttle Body Alignment (FCE/TBA)
Fault Code Erase allows you to erase and reset engine related trouble codes without having to use a specialty tool. Throttle Body Alignment allows you to manually perform throttle-body adaptation.

Security Lockout
Prevents unauthorized personnel from accessing EMCS functions. The user may select any 1 to 4 digit security code. The security code is entered using the cruise control buttons.

User Reprogramming and Reconfiguration
Gives the user the ability to reprogram their ECU with the latest software updates and to reconfigure their ECU for different preferences or features. This function requires the optional programming adaptor.

V-Tune
V-Tune is for the advanced users and allows adjustments to the boost, timing, etc. of the ECU Upgrade to optimize the programming for certian variables such as gasoline octane, different modifications, and atmospheric conditions. For more about V-Tune
You can adjust what mod its programmed to for more power etc, pretty cool if you ask me. Hence he can switch to drifferent settings back and forth if you read what ive posted...

But yeah there 250hp, and there quick but nothing crazy stock
Old 03-04-2008, 06:36 AM
Staging Lane

That's actually really cool, especially being factory installed. It's like having your car come with a Predator / Diablo tuner (only better).
Old 03-04-2008, 08:10 AM
Restricted User

He needs a stand alone, ecu, or mbc if he wants to increase boost. I've seen the stock k03s get into the 13's and even high 12's (with othher mods) on high boost.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by hoss 2000 z-28
That's actually really cool, especially being factory installed. It's like having your car come with a Predator / Diablo tuner (only better).
No no it doesnt come stock, its a custom reflash

Its a ECU flash and they do all those cool things with it, pretty nice if you ask me
Old 03-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Launching!

damn thats good to know, before we raced he did go to a dead stop, so im assuming he was waiting for for the check engin elight to flash, good find man, im full bolt ons and cam, ran a best of 12.4 so im assuming he was mid 13's
Old 03-05-2008, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

my buddy that goes to school with me has a 2001 s4 bi turbo, we are waiting for a nice day and my car to be done ;D
he claims he will get me because he turned up the boost but we will see
Old 03-05-2008, 06:42 AM
Launching!

off the it he must have had full boost, cause he stayed right with me, then through all of 3, and all of 4th i did nothing but pull like a train.

Quick Reply: Audi s4 "chip mode" kill