Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach 1 for me to poop on

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 10:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

131 is pretty damn fast. Put some M/T's on there and get in the 10's. Oh and shift faster.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:57 PM

Not to say you couldnt outrun a stock mach, but if you didnt see stripes or a shaker and it sounded like a v6 it was probly a v6 with a mach badge. Retards do it everyday, there is a v6 stang with a cobra emblem on it here in town, also a v6 camaro with ss emblems. I think people get dumber everyday.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nitrous_Junkie_SVT
Not to say you couldnt outrun a stock mach, but if you didnt see stripes or a shaker and it sounded like a v6 it was probly a v6 with a mach badge. Retards do it everyday, there is a v6 stang with a cobra emblem on it here in town, also a v6 camaro with ss emblems. I think people get dumber everyday.
gotta love the super sport mustangs
Old 03-11-2008, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also a v6 camaro with ss emblems.
Originally Posted by 180ls1
gotta love the super sport mustangs
haha what
Old 03-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah.. I've seen it done too, I know a lamer in Duluth that has the cobra logo on his GT, and I asked him about it as I wanted to run a cobra, but he told me it was a GT and he put the snake on there because he liked it more. L A M E!
Old 03-11-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Poser badging is just the ultimate form of automotive wishful thinking.

Hell, I've got the ultimate: I ran into what I thought was a new GT500 in a nearby town a while back. Looked nice....blue with white stripes, Shelby front end, Cobra badge up front and on the sides, ducktail spoiler.....even had the KR hood on it. Just beautiful. So I end up a few cars behind it, and try to get closer to check it out. As the car in front of me turns off, I'm able to get right on the Stang's butt. Something then strikes me as weird. First off, the car's entirely too quiet for a V8. Also, there's no GT500 badge on the rear......just a standard tribar and pony badge (like a V6 would have). Then I notice (and mind u it was a cold morning).....there's steam plumes emitting from only one of the two exhaust pipes. I'm like........."You gotta be freakin kidding me".

Yep.........there's a goddamn GT500 cloned sixxer running around my area.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya i have a neighbor with a full roush kit on his 2000 v6 with all that money spent on it he could have just bought a v8
Old 03-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147

Hell, I've got the ultimate: I ran into what I thought was a new GT500 in a nearby town a while back. Looked nice....blue with white stripes, Shelby front end, Cobra badge up front and on the sides, ducktail spoiler.....even had the KR hood on it. Just beautiful. So I end up a few cars behind it, and try to get closer to check it out. As the car in front of me turns off, I'm able to get right on the Stang's butt. Something then strikes me as weird. First off, the car's entirely too quiet for a V8. Also, there's no GT500 badge on the rear......just a standard tribar and pony badge (like a V6 would have). Then I notice (and mind u it was a cold morning).....there's steam plumes emitting from only one of the two exhaust pipes. I'm like........."You gotta be freakin kidding me".

I think its good for the resale value.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DanimusLegions
Yeah.. I've seen it done too, I know a lamer in Duluth that has the cobra logo on his GT, and I asked him about it as I wanted to run a cobra, but he told me it was a GT and he put the snake on there because he liked it more. L A M E!
i put an 01 cobra front bumper cover on my old car because i liked it better. but i would never even think about running cobra badges on it. and it was still badged a gt. i tossed the idea around of running a v6 rear bumper cover with a spoiler delete, taking off the gt badges and running dumps. try to be stealthy.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you on svtp? check out rcn4god. v6 w/ full 03/04 stuff. car looks absolutely amazing w/ the redfire and the stripes, but its still lame w/ only a v6.

heres a quick idea out of his sig

Last edited by 88blackgt; 03-11-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
you on svtp? check out rcn4god. v6 w/ full 03/04 stuff. car looks absolutely amazing w/ the redfire and the stripes, but its still lame w/ only a v6.

heres a quick idea out of his sig
Someone spent too much time and money when they probably could have bought a cobra for what he has in the 6 banger.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Staging Lane

Ahahahahahahahah thats the gayest thing I have seen since.. .. since I touched my friends butt the other night.
Guys, it was an accident, I assure you.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Doing the body mods is bad enough........but putting on the poser badges definitely makes me wave the "WTF?" flag.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:57 AM
12 Second Club

Ahahahahahahahah thats the gayest thing I have seen since.. .. since I touched my friends butt the other night.

O_o.........?
Old 03-13-2008, 02:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Right.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:04 AM
Staging Lane

Hah I was drunk, gimme a break. I mean, I was drunk when I wrote that. I didn't touch any butts.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

When I drove an 02 GT I had the 03 cobra front bumper on it. It looked so bad ***, plus it was NBM so any mustang guy could still tell it was a GT. NO NBM cobras! Not to mention I still had all the GT badges. But that was then....

Anyway, my buddy's got a gray/gunmetal colored 03 Mach with SLP LM and it really does sound like ****. SOOOO raspy throughout the whole RPM range. It honestly does sound like ****!! I guess You just gotta hear Loudmouth on a mustang to understand what I mean.

BTW, I pull him hard from ANY roll in my intake/catback only 01. From a dig, he gets me off the line then I proceed to rip him a new one immediately after shifting into 2nd. The way some of you guys on here make these Mach 1s seem fast?? I was surprised he couldn't hang better than that??
Old 03-13-2008, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Super28Sport

BTW, I pull him hard from ANY roll in my intake/catback only 01. From a dig, he gets me off the line then I proceed to rip him a new one immediately after shifting into 2nd. The way some of you guys on here make these Mach 1s seem fast?? I was surprised he couldn't hang better than that??
Well, a 5 spd Mach 1 would be a decent race for an LS1 Camaro stock for stock.......although, all things being equal, the LS1 should still have the win. But it still depends on the type of race, the conditions, and the drivers' abilities. A wet noodle driver in a Mach 1 probably won't be a good race for a decently driven LS1.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

Well, a 5 spd Mach 1 would be a decent race for an LS1 Camaro stock for stock.......although, all things being equal, the LS1 should still have the win. But it still depends on the type of race, the conditions, and the drivers' abilities. A wet noodle driver in a Mach 1 probably won't be a good race for a decently driven LS1.
I had an older man at a gas station with a 5spd Toyota Camry once tell me "You know, I'd have a pretty good chance of beating you since I really know how to drive my 5spd." It was said with such confidence that I almost believed him, except it was a Toyota Camry.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:07 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

I had an older man at a gas station with a 5spd Toyota Camry once tell me "You know, I'd have a pretty good chance of beating you since I really know how to drive my 5spd." It was said with such confidence that I almost believed him, except it was a Toyota Camry.

Do you still have mudflaps on your car like in your sig pic?