Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a 300 zx last night

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanimusLegions
"Well got my 300ZXTT on the dyno the other day. Put down 405.32 RWHP and 442.94 lb/ft or torque, on stock turbos, intercoolers and injectors! The record for most HP on stock turbos for my car is 420, and ive never even been tuned! In about 3-4 months i should have my Intercooler and Injectors, and hopfully have been tuned. Just lettin yall know! This print out is just HP, the other print out with HP and TORQUE got messed up and gonna have to scan again, enjoy!"

Sheet:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...o/TTZdyno1.jpg
his point wasnt that it cant be done on stock turbos, its that it cant be done at 16 lbs on stock turbos
Old 03-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

Ya I know.. I just wanted to show it could be done on stockers.
I like my LS1, so don't get all buck on me.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Banned

his point wasnt that it cant be done on stock turbos, its that it cant be done at 16 lbs on stock turbos
Even maxed out it wont come close to that
No, He said that even maxed out won't come close to that.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

"No LS1 can hang with a stock 300ZX."
Old 03-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Super28Sport
"No LS1 can hang with a stock 300ZX."
Who the **** said that??
Old 03-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

No LS1 can hang with a stock Nissan Pulsar, and thats that.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

I sure couldnt lol
Old 03-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Banned

I'm not a troll. And yes, I've been in an LS1 (a C5 vette). The interior didn't impress me much. But I wouldn't mind owning one. From the outside, they look sweet. We thought about getting an LS1 trans am instead of a 3rd Stealth. But my husband decided he wanted a 2g stealth more. BTW, of all the cars I've owned ('94 Taurus, '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee TSi, '99 Grand Prix GT, '96 Stealth R/T) the Stealth has BY FAR given me the least trouble. So in my experience, domestics are not as reliable as imports. It also gets lots of attention, which I don't mind....

I guarantee someone would point out that your modded (lightly I know)TT car ran a stock F-body time.
True, but a STOCK LS1 has about 300rwhp and runs mid 13s on average. A STOCK 2g TT has 240-250awhp and runs mid-high 13s on average. Our Stealth had about 290awhp (educated guess) when it ran the 13.16. Whp-wise, it takes BPU mods for a Stealth to be equal with a LS1. And they run comparable times. Rwd is a MUCH better platform for a drag car. AWD is better for an all-around car, and tough to beat on the street. To each their own.......

Melissa

Last edited by StealthX3; 03-13-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StealthX3
I'm not a troll. And yes, I've been in an LS1 (a C5 vette). The interior didn't impress me much. But I wouldn't mind owning one. From the outside, they look sweet. We thought about getting an LS1 trans am instead of a 3rd Stealth. But my husband decided he wanted a 2g stealth more. BTW, of all the cars I've owned ('94 Taurus, '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee TSi, '99 Grand Prix GT, '96 Stealth R/T) the Stealth has BY FAR given me the least trouble. So in my experience, domestics are not as reliable as imports. It also gets lots of attention, which I don't mind....

True, but a STOCK LS1 has about 300rwhp and runs mid 13s on average. A STOCK 2g TT has 240-250awhp and runs mid-high 13s on average. Our Stealth had about 290awhp (educated guess) when it ran the 13.16. Whp-wise, it takes BPU mods for a Stealth to be equal with a LS1. And they run comparable times. Rwd is a MUCH better platform for a drag car. AWD is better for an all-around car, and tough to beat on the street. To each their own.......

Melissa
well it appears that you care more about interiors, and that is your choice i personally care more about performance for my dollar. And the f body interior is not the best but i sure fit better in it then i do in a stealth or mustang.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Banned

It's not that I care more about interiors, but it is a big part of the car. Getting into a C5 vette and seeing the same interior as an S-10 pickup is sorta lame. It is kind of a letdown, IMHO, to see a nice car, then get into it and the interior sucks. Plastic dashboards and doors don't do it for me. Usually, the more expensive the car is, the nicer it is as a whole. Inside and outside.

i sure fit better in it then i do in a stealth or mustang.
How would you know unless you've ever sat in one. There is more room than you would think.

I think most people care about performance for their dollar. They just pick the car that meets their needs the best. You like F-bodies, I like Stealths. Neither of us is wrong, we just want different things performance-wise. An F-body is by far a better drag car, but its hard to beat AWD on the street. People are way to defensive on here. If it's not american made, it sucks. In general, the germans and japanese produce better cars then we do here. Its a fact, deal with it.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's not that I care more about interiors, but it is a big part of the car. Getting into a C5 vette and seeing the same interior as an S-10 pickup is sorta lame. It is kind of a letdown, IMHO, to see a nice car, then get into it and the interior sucks. Plastic dashboards and doors don't do it for me. Usually, the more expensive the car is, the nicer it is as a whole. Inside and outside.

How would you know unless you've ever sat in one. There is more room than you would think.

I think most people care about performance for their dollar. They just pick the car that meets their needs the best. You like F-bodies, I like Stealths. Neither of us is wrong, we just want different things performance-wise. An F-body is by far a better drag car, but its hard to beat AWD on the street. People are way to defensive on here. If it's not american made, it sucks. In general, the germans and japanese produce better cars then we do here. Its a fact, deal with it.
I have rode in one i actually raced the guy who has it and it is a damn good runner but i am 6'3" and i just did not fit as well in it as i did in an f body. Trust me i have and i am not blowing smoke. But i will agree that japan makes better every day ccommuter cars but not specialty built cars for example trucks and fast cars. And you also have to deal with a more expensive price tag with an import. I would have had to pay quite a bit more then i did if i wanted an import that would be as fast as my camaro and still have good reliabality.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Banned

But i will agree that japan makes better every day ccommuter cars but not specialty built cars for example trucks and fast cars.
Define "fast cars"
Old 03-15-2008, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SummerOnTheChain
Define "fast cars"
You know the answer to that. Honda's, Toyota's, Scions, Tibby's, and anything from Nissan. LS1's are slow pieces of crap.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Define "fast cars"
like low 13's or better
Old 03-16-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 180ls1
like low 13's or better
lol
Old 03-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Banned

So, drag racing then? Not everybody sees "fast cars" as in a straight line.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

So, drag racing then? Not everybody sees "fast cars" as in a straight line.
or on a road coarse
Old 03-16-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
lol
what is your idea of a fast production car?
Old 03-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Launching!

1) Most people define fast as 12s and quicker. 13s are quick. 14s are OK. 15s and up are slow. Some people are freaks though and anything slower than 11s sucks. Its relative.

2)300ZXs can be running upgraded turbos that appear/sound/behave almost exactly like stock. Lots of guys running 13Gs and such on there. So maybe that guy has that without knowing it. 400WHP is pretty nominal in a decent 300Z. Those cars have a lot of stupidly restrictive parts stock that when upgraded do a lot to wake the car up. IIRC the crank pulley weighs like 40Lbs on them for some lame reason.

3)Who cares about fit an finish. 300Zs were far more expensive than F-Bodies of the same year, and for that matter F-Bodies of future years. Of course they have better interiors. Vettes have better interiors than Evos too. Kinda makes sense.

4)People who rice out 300Zs and talk about drifting suck and should not be allowed to own a car with that much power.

5)Let it go OP. And keep going to the track. His time will come
Old 03-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Banned

So first its your opinion that Jap cars are more "reliable" than American cars, now its a "fact"

Considering you own a Stealth (Mitsubitchi) you should be the last one to be talking about reliability. I've seen some **** poor build quality and reliability before, but the Stealth/3000GT is one of the worst. Interior is crap, engine is crap, transmission is crap, transfer case is crap, turbos are crap, the whole damn car is a pile of crap. Those cars are known for being broken down more often then they are up and running.

I've owned nothing but American cars, but my family's had a variety of both japanese, german, and American vehicles. My last car was a '90 Cavalier with 220,000 miles on it, all original engine and transmission. Drove like a champ and its still on the road right now. My Grand Prix has 158,000 miles on it, and the old 3800 S/C is still running like the day it was new. I can make a nice list for you of all the piece of **** jap cars I've had to deal with if you't like, maybe you'll get a reality check of what's reliable and what isn't.