Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

01 WS6 vs 06 STI

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by artist71
I had an STI once and I raced a modded WS6. The WS6 was REALLY loud. Anyway..We pull on the interstate and I hear it take off...I start pulling around it at about 75 and look over at the driver. Turns out it was a 50ish woman...NOT racing me at all. Just had a really loud exhaust. SHe didn't even look over at me because she didn't even know I was racing. Talk aboue me being the dork ricer for the day.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:47 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Stage 2 STI is a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tSfsxywl4s

A downpipe, catback, and tune aren't going to boost the car up by 80WHP. Not in the real world at least.
Pretty evident by this post you dont know what your talking about. Forget youtube asswipes that cant drive to save their lives. I'll find just as many F-Bod video's with retards behind the wheel as well. A stage2 STI here in the northeast will run mid 12's all day long. On MY PERSONAL DAILY DRIVEN '05 Legacy GT I gained over 60WHP from basic stage 2 mods. The Legacy shares the same motor as the STI but has a smaller turbo. I ran a 14.0@97mph stock. Up pipe,downpipe,larger topmount intercooler and a tune still stock turbo and catback = 12.80@107 . On blacktop a stage 2 STI with a good driver will give absolute fits to bolton LS1's I am talking about REAL races DIG races not roll runs like in that lame video.

Last edited by JFM-jr; 03-21-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JFM-jr
Pretty evident by this post you dont know what your talking about. Forget youtube asswipes that cant drive to save their lives. I'll find just as many F-Bod video's with retards behind the wheel as well. A stage2 STI here in the northeast will run mid 12's all day long. On MY PERSONAL DAILY DRIVEN '05 Legacy GT I gained over 60WHP from basic stage 2 mods. The Legacy shares the same motor as the STI but has a smaller turbo. I ran a 14.0@97mph stock. Up pipe,downpipe,larger topmount intercooler and a tune still stock turbo and catback = 12.80@107 . On blacktop a stage 2 STI with a good driver will give absolute fits to bolton LS1's I am talking about REAL races DIG races not roll runs like in that lame video.
Whatever you say, obviously you know everything there is to know about Subarus and how they magically gain 1.2 seconds and 10MPH in the 1/4 mile from some exhaust mods

My experience has been the same as the video I posted, never had one give me any trouble. That video was accurate, how could it be driver error in a roll race?? You just floor it and shift, no skill needed.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

WOW !
Old 03-21-2008, 09:13 PM
9 Second Club

Nah I dont know everything you just happen to know nothing (about Subaru's). Why am I not surprised by your lack of knowledge that the gains I got with my Legacy surprises you to the level of "MAGICAL".? Tons of Magical Subaru's out there my friend. Just visit www.nasioc.com
Old 03-21-2008, 09:20 PM
11 Second Club

I believe ya junor...look what he runs...no reason for the man to lie^
Old 03-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Old 03-21-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Whatever you say, obviously you know everything there is to know about Subarus and how they magically gain 1.2 seconds and 10MPH in the 1/4 mile from some exhaust mods

My experience has been the same as the video I posted, never had one give me any trouble. That video was accurate, how could it be driver error in a roll race?? You just floor it and shift, no skill needed.
Have you ever stopped to think that there might be some cars that respond to mods and run a good number even if you've never seen it? I have never seen a stock LS1 run faster than a 13.6 but that doesn't mean it can't happen I just haven't seen it. You have such a big set of blinders on that you can't accept the fact that there are some really fast imports and some imports that respond well to mods. I have been nice to you so far but that is getting ready to stop if you do not refrain from being an idiot when it comes to non U.S. cars. I have a 01 TA so you can't use the import fan boy on me it won't work. I have owned all kinds of cars and any of them could be made fast but I prefer U.S V-8s. You are obviously just a hater that can not appreciate other vehicles. Get over it there are fast imports. Its a fact and there is nothing you can do about it.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Have you ever stopped to think that there might be some cars that respond to mods and run a good number even if you've never seen it? I have never seen a stock LS1 run faster than a 13.6 but that doesn't mean it can't happen I just haven't seen it. You have such a big set of blinders on that you can't accept the fact that there are some really fast imports and some imports that respond well to mods. I have been nice to you so far but that is getting ready to stop if you do not refrain from being an idiot when it comes to non U.S. cars. I have a 01 TA so you can't use the import fan boy on me it won't work. I have owned all kinds of cars and any of them could be made fast but I prefer U.S V-8s. You are obviously just a hater that can not appreciate other vehicles. Get over it there are fast imports. Its a fact and there is nothing you can do about it.
I never said there was no such thing as fast imports.

I said two things:

Stage 2 STI's aren't as fast as they are made out to be, and I'm not impressed by them.

A Legacy GT is not going to gain over a full second and 10MPH in the 1/4 mile by changing the exhaust and intercooler. Thats just not reasonable at all. He mentioned it had a "tune", they only way its getting those kinds of gains is if the boost is cranked up. WAY up. In which case the turbo and the motor will not be living long or reliable lives.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I never said there was no such thing as fast imports.

I said two things:

Stage 2 STI's aren't as fast as they are made out to be, and I'm not impressed by them.

A Legacy GT is not going to gain over a full second and 10MPH in the 1/4 mile by changing the exhaust and intercooler. Thats just not reasonable at all. He mentioned it had a "tune", they only way its getting those kinds of gains is if the boost is cranked up. WAY up. In which case the turbo and the motor will not be living long or reliable lives.
So what you are saying that an LS1 car with a lid, exhaust and a tune won't pick up a full second and 10 MPH? I think we both know that has happened more than once. Why can't it happen with another car? Plus the guy that posted it has a 10 second F-Body why would he lie about it. He's all ready running 10's so he really doesn't have to prove anything especially about a Subaru. Lighten up and you just learn something and gain a little respect from other members here.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Actually an up-pipe/downpipe alone will add a good 20hp on Subie's ! These parts have cats on them and removing them and adding a bigger diameter allows more flow and potential for the turbo. Add a bigger IC and a tune to about to 22psi or so could add a good 60+hp or more ! A stock Legacy GT with a really good driver can get high 13's.

I just sold my Stage 2 STi and I can tell you, it was a beast ! Not that I wooped everything on the street, but surprised quite a few guys with it, one being a SC 96-97 Mustang GT.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:05 AM
11 Second Club

I went up against a fairly new STI last night at the track. It definitely had an aftermarket (Think ginormous) intercooler and full intake/exhaust. I guess you could consider it a stage 2. I don't have the time slip with me but he probably got 2 tenths reaction time on me and outlaunched me by a LOT. AWD vs. RWD street tire launch from idle. I'd say he had 3 or maybe 4 lengths on me by the 330'. When I hit second my car went straight to the limiter and I didn't bother pedaling it, I just shifted to third. I started reeling him in by the 1/8th and put about 1 car on him by the 1/4. I need Black8Banger or Itsslowz28 to come on here and give the trackside interpretation of it. That thing launched great but it didn't have any top end to it. I know they are famous for dying out up top but I expected more.

And for all the guys that are going to point at my sig and talk about the H/C 450rwhp etc etc my car needs a tune badly, I had big traction issues, I ran 13.12 on that pass at 112.8mph. So no, I didn't run by him at 118.

Like I think I already said in this thread, I would rock an STI (non winged) any day of the week and I really like the cars in general.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:40 AM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

A bigger turbo will fix that ! But they're expensive and you sacrifice a quick spool !

You see ! That's cool ! A person who is not an all about one car and how fast it can go in a straight line
Old 03-22-2008, 08:41 AM
9 Second Club

Wow your ignorance is at WOT on this one buddy. I took my Legacy to Englishtown in stock trim. I had removed the jack/spare and threw in my lightweight battery for all track runs. I made 3 passes a 14.01@97.1 mph being the best. I ran a 14.15 and a 14.08 on the other runs. I dynoed the car here on Long Island the car made 194WHP. I added a catless up pipe, catless dopwnpipe both made by perrin, a larger Top Mount intercooler also a Perrin. I drove my car from Long Island to New Hampshire for TDC Tuning to dynotune my car using a Cobb Accessport software. Still had the same turbo (now at 18PSI vs stock 13.5)and same catback from the factory. When I left TDC Tuning the car made 276WHP and 320ft lbs on his Land/Sea dyno.
So my numbers stock vs stage 2 were from 2 different dyno's so it's hard to use them as hardcore numbers as far as gain in whp. That is where the TRACK comes in as it does not lie. Again Englishtown NJ 3 passes the best being a 12.80@106.8mph. Also ran a 13.00@106 but the stock clutch was not playing nice on the 1-2 shift.
60' - 1.83
330 - 5.31
1/8 - 8.20@84.77mph
1000 - 10.69
1/4 - 12.80@106.87

Originally Posted by FMX05

I went up against a fairly new STI last night at the track. It definitely had an aftermarket (Think ginormous) intercooler and full intake/exhaust. I guess you could consider it a stage 2.
These mods are not considered stage2. Not by a longshot and a 112mph trap speed car I dont care what kind will run down an STI with the minor mods listed above. A stock STI will run around 103mph a true stage-2 STI will run 110-112mph (here in the northeast maybe not in August in Texas). My buddy has an '07 STI and ran at Atco with our rental he went a 13.41@103 stone *** stock 1st pass of his day.

These cars are not strong upstairs so any street ROLL racing in an AWD car and the driver gets what he deserves. Dig (otherwise known as real) racing is the only way to fly with an AWD car. Did I mention I also own a magical F-Body? LOL
Old 03-24-2008, 01:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JFM-jr
LOL not even close! An STI with the basic stage-2 upgrades consisting of a downpipe swap ,catback and ECU tune will make 300-315 to the wheels and run 12.5's STOCK turbo and fuel system. Visit the NASIOC forums these numbers I post are all the norm for these cars.
WTF are you smoking? I said a STOCK STi is not going to hang with a BOLT ON LS1 and thats the truth, period; end of story. I know what different stage STi's can do I had a 20g STi and I am a Nasicoc/club wrx member for over 2 years.