Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Boss 302 Vs Bolt on SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
Ya know, lookin at those two runs (hard to tell on the second run......looks like he had to let off because of the SUV coming up in his lane)......he may have been sporting a stroker motor. Like I said, stroker kits for the 3V 4.6's with the right supporting mods will usually end up somewhere in the 320-330rwhp range.........a bit more with some cams. With your mods and gearing, that race looks about right. I see a standard CID 3V 4.6 or even basic bolt-on one falling back much faster on you then that. Plus, most
poser Boss guys won't go through the trouble of getting a custom rear badge done..........as I don't think there's a company out there that sells those with "Boss" lettering. The 302 on this guy's car may be legit. I had assumed from the original post that the kill was much worse than it looked to be on the video.

Even still.......the guy doesn't own a real "Boss". He'll feel silly if Ford brings a new Boss 302 out to market in the next year or two. That'll make him that much more of a poser.
in the second race on the video my brother posted the "boss" just took off at the first honk haha -- but the tahoe was still a pretty far distance. notice the background and the time in between before you can even see the tahoe. it would of been enough time to even get in the sight of the camera if it was a little more built.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Could be. But I have done that in the past........let off even if the traffic is still a ways up. I don't think its worth the risk. But that doesn't mean that's what happened here. I'm sure you would have been able to hear it if he lifted, maybe.

If he didn't lift in the second race, it wasn't a stroked GT....just a exhaust and/or bolt-on GT with dress up. The guys running 3V 5.0 strokers are getting into the mid 12s fairly easy. I think you may have still pulled one, but not that badly. An actual stroker GT should have put up a better fight then that.

Like I said, I couldn't tell if he was on it full hard the second race or if he lifted from the upcoming traffic. My opinion was really centered on that particular run......since thats the one he fell back so hard on.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

Looked pretty real to me but yea it might of been a very well done fake...I also raced a new rousch stage 2(gt with beefy suspension) a week ago and it was the same outcome..and that was without lts.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, sounds like this "Boss" was a bolt-on GT with a poser/clone job done to it. Might have been a very good poser/clone job........but don't let that fool ya. Always consider it a GT until proven otherwise. Only other models there are are the sixxers and GT500's. But most every tuner/specialty Mustang out there is a jacked up GT. Some are built fairly well, others are very unimpressive for the money ppl pay for them.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

At first I thought from the title..old 69-70 Boss 302 but that wouldn't have been a race...unless it was a 69 Camaro SS w/350

Quick Reply: Boss 302 Vs Bolt on SS