Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2001 Camaro VS 2003 Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SleeperCibby
Bullshit aside, if you pay $80,000 for a "sports car" it better be able to be fast in all kinds of racing stock, INCLUDING STRAIGHT LINE.
i am a huge porsche fan, and i still actually agree with this, if youre gunna get a porsche a boxer is not the way to go, unless you plan on modding it so you can surprise some guys. otherwise if i were to buy a porsche and keep it stock i think id be looking at a carrera 4S. those things are bad!
Old 03-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bend.over
i am a huge porsche fan, and i still actually agree with this, if youre gunna get a porsche a boxer is not the way to go, unless you plan on modding it so you can surprise some guys. otherwise if i were to buy a porsche and keep it stock i think id be looking at a carrera 4S. those things are bad!
Yea I saw one of those in real life a few weeks ago, sounded f'n awesome! Also the tires in the back were reaaaaally wide. Never seen a stock car with wheels that wide.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:40 PM
TECH Addict

The new GT2 is just sex on wheels.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:16 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Yeah, but you could buy an LS1 F-body and spend $5k and be just as fast, so what's the point?

Old 03-20-2008, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Yeah, but you could buy an LS1 F-body and spend $5k and be just as fast, so what's the point?

I'd like to see that
Old 03-20-2008, 01:37 PM
11 Second Club

I think some people just have A LOT of cash and want something differant or want something have have wanted since they were a kid. Its not about money and speed. Seems like most porsche guys don't even think about street racing or GETTING on it. They just like being in "that club" I like porsches but I could bever see myself owning one.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
because you can have a ls1 fbody that runs 10 for not much more and still have leather a/c and good gas milage and drive it every day
let me list it out for u
used pre modded ls1 fbody 10000$
slicks 500$
150 shot of n20 1000$

raping the fox that has no interior no a/c horriable gas milage and such a big cam it bearly idles...... priceless
Its that easy huh? 3500lb car with 460ish at the tire is going to run 10's just with a bottle and tires? I guess you need to define "pre-modded". I guess that includes the 2k on a 12 bolt. lol. -Mark
Old 03-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Its that easy huh? 3500lb car with 460ish at the tire is going to run 10's just with a bottle and tires? I guess you need to define "pre-modded". I guess that includes the 2k on a 12 bolt. lol. -Mark
i was thinking the same thing. but hes got a point it might make one sub 11 second pass. next pass will be 5 minutes and alot of oil. haha!
Old 03-20-2008, 04:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

347 stroker or a little bigger, 100 shot, decent H/C combo, and slicks could run high 10's with a driver who isn't retarded.
I dare you to find one LS1 on the stock 10 bolt on slicks spraying off the line running 10's.
thats pretty easy but when you start saying find one on the stock 10 bolt that will run 10's multiple times then it gets harder lol
Old 03-20-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

i agree
Old 03-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Banned

still havent seen one of those in person yet thou, i honestly cant wait.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't give an "opinion of your car." I gave my opinion on the outcome of the race, and your attitude. And yes Tiptronic is "easy shifting," but it's also slower than a 6spd. I think if you ran into a good driver in a 6spd Carrera, he would stay right with you even if you were by yourself. But like I said, good kill and work on your attitude a bit .
not that i need to work on that....? i just get annoyed when people bring that kinda stuff up n i was working on projects last nite and was frustrated... the turn out of the race happen n thats that. i really do not care. were racin again soon so were see what the turn out of the next one will be. now if i win again then whats that kind of say. thanks though
Old 03-20-2008, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

my friends dad got a 05 porsche turbo and has done some work to it.. dam fast! they are def fun lil cars to be in. but if i had $80,000 i would rather own a viper.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
my friends dad got a 05 porsche turbo and has done some work to it.. dam fast! they are def fun lil cars to be in. but if i had $80,000 i would rather own a viper.
ok so i never understood the whole viper craze. they are two cylinders too big for the power and efficiency they have, and they are also equipt with bullet proof steel making the car almost, IIRC, the heaviest in its class. i just never understood why they needed the extra 2 cylinders? their hemi not good enough?

not taking away from the fact that it is a very fast and nice looking car. i just thought it was a bit overkill and didnt perform as well as it was anticipated and was ment to look. i mean how much do they cost and how much does a z06 cost? if you ask me those are two of the same classes vehicles and the z06 is cheaper and faster.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Staging Lane

I really like the new vettes and the new vipers. From what I'm reading in a few years they are gonna have the Corvette Z07 or somethin like that, with 700 factory horsepower. What ya guys know about dead doctors and lawyers littering the sides of the highway?
Old 03-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DanimusLegions
I really like the new vettes and the new vipers. From what I'm reading in a few years they are gonna have the Corvette Z07 or somethin like that, with 700 factory horsepower. What ya guys know about dead doctors and lawyers littering the sides of the highway?
ISNT THE NEWEST VETTE GOING TO BE A 6.2L SUPER CHARGED WITH 650? SO 700 IS DEF ACHIEVABLE. AND IT WILL CAUSE MANY A DEATH I AGREE. STUPID PEOPLE DONT NEED ROCKET SHIPS.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:19 PM
***Repost Police***

ok so i never understood the whole viper craze. they are two cylinders too big for the power and efficiency they have, and they are also equipt with bullet proof steel making the car almost, IIRC, the heaviest in its class. i just never understood why they needed the extra 2 cylinders? their hemi not good enough?

not taking away from the fact that it is a very fast and nice looking car. i just thought it was a bit overkill and didnt perform as well as it was anticipated and was ment to look. i mean how much do they cost and how much does a z06 cost? if you ask me those are two of the same classes vehicles and the z06 is cheaper and faster.
Well when they designed the Viper back in the late 80s, they didn't have the Hemi... just the 318, and the 8 liter V10. So since Chrysler had controlling stock in Lamborghini back then (true story), they sent their V10 over to Lambo and had them make something decent out of it. And why change what works?
Old 03-20-2008, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Well when they designed the Viper back in the late 80s, they didn't have the Hemi... just the 318, and the 8 liter V10. So since Chrysler had controlling stock in Lamborghini back then (true story), they sent their V10 over to Lambo and had them make something decent out of it. And why change what works?
All Lamborghini did was cast the blocks and heads in aluminum. Chrysler wanted to use the superior casting process they used. They didn't change anything inside the engine even though it was discussed. Some even wanted four valve heads and overhead cams to go with the 8 liters. That would of been insane. A lot of people believe that they did tweak some things but the official word is they didn't and I haven't seen or heard anything to refute this. If you have something share. Lambo did belong to Chrysler corporaion for quite a while actually.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:57 PM
***Repost Police***

well considering the specs of the Ram's V10 in 1990 vs. the specs of the Viper's V10, I'd imagine they did SOMETHING other than do the engine in aluminum, but I suppose that's all up for speculation. Either way, Lambo had a big part in making it happen
Old 03-21-2008, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

well considering the specs of the Ram's V10 in 1990 vs. the specs of the Viper's V10, I'd imagine they did SOMETHING other than do the engine in aluminum, but I suppose that's all up for speculation. Either way, Lambo had a big part in making it happen
If by specs you mean HP and TQ then yea they are huge but that just compression, cam and massaging the heads. The heads were cast by Lambo but machined and assembled by Dodge. I am talking the pure physical dimensions and design of the heads and block. Which all Lambo did was cast them they had no involvment in the assembly or machining as far as I know. Lambo engineers where involved with the truck engine because they had experience with V-10 and V-12 motors but it was a Dodge design and they get the credit. Regardless it is a badass engine in truck and Viper form and I'd say launched the U.S. competition with the world's supercars. It has definately had an influance on the Corvette. I think Lambo's involvment allowed it to be a lightweight and reliable engine even if "all" they did was cast the parts.