Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Where did the rice burners come from?? History of gay cars.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have to agree with zerofear, not all imports are gay, just most of them. As for what stopsign32v is posting, sounds like you need to leave this forum and go join import forums. You don't go defending imports on an lsx website.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

then there are those people that granted, the do have fast cars...but then they get butthurt because your car looks like thiers and you have a fun little smack talk session with some friends on a forum and the guy and owner of the shop start calling you (because you buy from the same shop) and sending you pm's to stop starting ****...to those kinda dousche bags...its my car, i paid for it, i paid for the mods on it, and ill joke around with friends if i wanna...

but im gonna go out on a limb and say, its not just the import owners...its not just the domestic owners...its everyone that thinks they own the road...that have made it harder to hangout and get some friendly races in a relitively safe area
Old 04-03-2008, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by somws6bird
I would have to agree with zerofear, not all imports are gay, just most of them. As for what stopsign32v is posting, sounds like you need to leave this forum and go join import forums. You don't go defending imports on an lsx website.
He likes rattling our cage.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LT1-DAN
Typical ricer
Old 04-03-2008, 12:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

You can count on one hand the amount of Imports I would own. Although I just think its dumb saying Imports ruined it for "us". Stupid people in general ruined it for everyone. The cars had nothing to do with it.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:29 AM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Stupid people in general ruined it for everyone. The cars had nothing to do with it.
+eleventybillion.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Staging Lane

You can count on one hand the amount of Imports I would own. Although I just think its dumb saying Imports ruined it for "us". Stupid people in general ruined it for everyone. The cars had nothing to do with it.
Yeah, you are correct on that one. Too many stupid people.

Good thing about this area, not too many ricers but alot of nice (and really fast) domestics. I can think of at least 10 guys that I know that have 9 second cars (a couple are f-body guys who post on this board).
Old 04-03-2008, 08:45 AM

I think certain people need to remeber that you get labeled a "ricer" based on what you do and what you do to your car, not the kind of car you started out with.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Staging Lane

agreed. it just started out with them driving imports because thats what they could afford... the same stupid people can afford the cheaper domestics now. so its only going to get worse, e.g. the f-body boxing in a mustang scenario.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Hahaha try looking up the S R T 4 bud. They get worse gas mileage than my old A4 Z-28 which used to get an honest 26mpg w/ gears. My M6 does get 31mpg btw.

Turbo imports DO NOT get great gas mileage. Try looking up the Evo/STI/WRX/etc. You'll like what you find.

Evo= 19/26
STI= 18/24
S R T= 22/28 (I know at least 5 people who own them that say i wouldn't even get that mileage on its best day)
S2000= 20/25
My SS camaro got about the same gas mileage if not better, than my 03 EVO VIII.

My LT1 got about 18-20mpg

My buddies S R T 4 gets an average of 24mpg in town (beating it) and over 30mpg on the interstate
Old 04-03-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Regular

Most people in the section are bolt on cars and some with a 100 shot. Hell the slowest import owner I know is a SR20 240 that runs high 12's on 225 series tires. The fastest I know is a single turbo Supra that is making over 1000rwhp on boost alone (and he has 2 bottles in the hatch).
Okay!! Now that's funny!!!! You say that the ricers, or most anyways, that you know would hand half the guys here thier asses. Then you come back with this!!!! High 12's is stock Fbody range with good driver.
I like the post and agree totally with it. When I lived in Texas I used to cruise Valley Mills Drive in Waco. A better street scene I have yet to find. We would cruise until midnight then go out to a VERY secluded spot with police scanners and have a great time until day break.
Hell people would even have trailer cars there. Now I hear it is so riced out that it isn't even worth it. Yes there are dumbasses of every kind driving an assortment of cars. But these Fast and Furious types have invaded like a cancer. The cops are being forced to enforce the laws vigorously because of this.
Some dumb ricer bitch plowed into a couple on a motor cycle this past weekend on a VERY busy street. She was doing burnouts past thier hang out and hit them at a high rate of speed. Not to say it doesn't happen, but I never hear about true street racers hitting anyone.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by COD02SS
What's so wrong with imports? In case you haven't heard.. GAS IS EXPENSIVE NOW. When i was 18 back in 98 gas was 1.19 for a gallon of 93. That's when you could afford to own a V8 and drive the **** out of it on a daily basis. Turbo imports still get 30mpg on the highway yet produce awesome power to weight ratio's.

Before anyone says it. I can care less what your 6spd gets on the highway. The auto's still get anywhere from 17-20mpg. You don't see turbo imports getting that kind of mileage. Even my Viggen gets close to 30mpg and it's pushing some awesome power
Dude you are retard! You really are a ricer pretending to drive a domestic aren't you? One...if gas is that ******* important don't race!! two...most of the imports that are fast tell me that gas milage is out the window once real mods have been done. Hell our Fbodies get 30mpg so that arguement is out.LOL We aren't bitching about imports! We are bitching about the type of people the import scene attracts.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I couldn't agree more. The stupid people are more associated with imports though. There are good and bad in both but it seems that its more the teens with their fart cans that are getting in alot of trouble making bad decisions. Not to say it doesn't happen with domestics just that it seems more common with the young import crowd.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Stopsign missed the part where we are talking about RICE, and not 1000RWHP supras.

My definition of rice is the punk that cut me off on my way to work in the vette with his bumper hanging by a zip tie, and a giant coffee can muffler hanging an inch from the ground. Not to mention those huge *** wings...

A guy down the street from me has a beautiful stock supra, THAT is not rice, another import (beautiful MR2) gently passed me with a mild rev to acknowledge me, he had no huge wing, a tasteful bodykit, and a few very unique mods...THAT is not rice.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by $750 L98
Stopsign missed the part where we are talking about RICE, and not 1000RWHP supras.

My definition of rice is the punk that cut me off on my way to work in the vette with his bumper hanging by a zip tie, and a giant coffee can muffler hanging an inch from the ground. Not to mention those huge *** wings...

A guy down the street from me has a beautiful stock supra, THAT is not rice, another import (beautiful MR2) gently passed me with a mild rev to acknowledge me, he had no huge wing, a tasteful bodykit, and a few very unique mods...THAT is not rice.
+1

I'm just used to most domestic owners saying anything made with a 4 cylinder or in Asia is rice. Hell I've seen some on here call a turbo Neon rice.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^ Its a overused term.With some of these guys, anything they don't like is rice.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rocksws6
^ Its a overused term.With some of these guys, anything they don't like is rice.
Good point...

Originally Posted by LT1-DAN

Typical ricer
Obviously now my car is rice.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

To me rice is anything that pretends to be fast that isn't (and usually being driven in traffic as if it's the 23rd hour of the 24hr Le Mans). Whether it's the fart-can Civic w/ a body kit made by Flappin In Da Breeze, Inc. Or the V6 Mustang w/ Cobra emblems.

The worst thing about slow (16, 17 and 18+ second) rice owned by guys who think they are fast is that these guys try to drive them like they are fast. They cut people off so they can be first in line at a stop light and then "speed" away from the stoplight "racing" whatever it is next to them. And forbid that another "ricer" ends up next to them at a traffic light... then you have a race that lasts 10-12 seconds reaching blazing speeds of up to 60-65mph

Around here most people drive 5-10mph over the speedlimit, so if the speedlimit is 45, these guys are "racing" up to just 5-10mph faster than the traffic around them. A hazzard to be sure, but not a real serious one. So 99% of the time they get away with it; which makes them even more cocky and feeling "invulnerable." If they're lucky that remaining 1% of the time they get caught and pulled over; if they're unlucky then they cause an accident with their stupidity.

Imagine if a pair of low 11 second cars paired off and raced the same 10-12 second race, they'd be hitting speeds well over 120, probably approaching 140... now that's just insane in the same scenario (i.e. in "traffic") and odds of success are much less than 99%. And any accident caused at those speeds would be extremely serious.

The sad thing is guys with truly quick cars, just accelerating normally out accelerate these "ricers" when they're racing. Whenever one of these boneheads are next to me I try to make it a point to accelerate more slowly; the last thing I want is to get pulled over for "street racing" because I out accelerated (without trying) some 18 sec fart can Honda who was obviously "racing".

Hahaha try looking up the S R T 4 bud. They get worse gas mileage than my old A4 Z-28 which used to get an honest 26mpg w/ gears.
S R T= 22/28 (I know at least 5 people who own them that say i wouldn't even get that mileage on its best day)

Stock I got ~25mpg around town and ~30 on the highway.

When I started modding the car, but still on the stock turbo, those numbers dropped to around 20/26.

When I put the big turbo on, it went back up to 24/28. That was normal in-traffic daily driving.

Now with new setup including an auto-trans I get about 17-20.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Exactly.

15 years ago Fox Body Mustangs were the equivalent of today’s ricers. They were everywhere and a lot of them were complete idiots. 15 years from now there will probably be a bunch of idiots driving around in hybrids with modified battery packs.

It’s not the car, it’s the driver.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That pretty much sums it up.

Quick Reply: Where did the rice burners come from?? History of gay cars.