Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Z28 vs WRX Sti

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Z28 vs WRX Sti

<--Looked Exactly

So I'm following my girlfriend traveling north to some party when I look at my rear view mirror and see some pretty blue lights coming at me pretty fast. When he catches up and swings over the adjacent lane, I assessed it was some sort of performance turbocharged vehicle from the sounds of the blow-off valve. I initially thought it was Mitsubishi Evolution but as he evenly lined up right next me I came to realize it was a WRX STi. Now I haven't raced anything in months other then some kid in bicycle that dusted me as I was relearning how to ride a bike like when I was younger. Anyways, this was definitely a welcome challenge. We lined up at the light and I'm just hearing this car making all this wooosh and pisssh sounds. I notice the driver was pretty young like roughly 19-20 years of age. Light turns green and I punch it. Immediately I pull ahead of this yahoo from the starting line and was disappointed with his performance on launching. I mean we all know this should be what I call a catch up race. So I'm just roaring ahead of this guy and when I'm about 2 3/4 cars ahead, I shut it off roughly @ 90mph. I let him catch up to me and he gives me thumbs up and says some complimentary stuff. I have to say from the countless WRX Sti's I've raced, his performance of a driver was poor. Nevertheless, nice guy and I’m glad I had to opportunity to race. No I will not keep it on the track you fetching pansies.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill...I have run into a few guys in the STIs that cant drive em, but they are quick with a good driver.

What are your mods? Do you get alot of races in Upland?
Old 04-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Teching In

ive heard atmospheric bov's hurt the performance on the sti. but good kill
Old 04-05-2008, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

good kill.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice kill.. I raced a black wrx sti 3 weeks ago on the highway since traffic was behind us. Sucker does these small but quick fly-bys during traffic so I see traffic ahead was dead so I chased him and I was a 60 dropped it in 3rd and 3 honks it was OVER for this guy. He had a passenger and I just got off work. Being on the phones all day I needed an exciting race..lol
Went went again from a low 20 roll and he instantly pulled one car but I reeled him in and got 1 1/2 by the time I was hitting 4th except my clutch started sticking..

Ls7 is coming soon.

Last edited by DarkhorSe_SS; 04-05-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

STi's are not drag cars but they will do everything else amazing... and well if you want a straight line race by all means they can do that too... 9's even.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

good kill. i murdered a 04 wrx (not a sti) but havent got to race a sti yet...still waiting. ive always tried to race 350Z but they never wanna race!!! dont know why. guess it says what kind of drivers they are.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sp00led Ya
STi's are not drag cars but they will do everything else amazing... and well if you want a straight line race by all means they can do that too... 9's even.
Yea I understand the idea behind the STi was not solely straight line performance. Any car can be made to run 9's just depends if you have the money.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Vega
Yea I understand the idea behind the STi was not solely straight line performance. Any car can be made to run 9's just depends if you have the money.
They do everything well... and can do everything well. Like a 10 second STi... can still do very well as a DD or road course racer.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:28 AM
Teching In

Yea I wouldn't mind having one for a DD. Then maybe I could keep my camaro under 50,000 miles a little longer, but it's just to much fun to drive.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill. Mods?
Old 04-09-2008, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Iwant2beArealBoy
Yea I wouldn't mind having one for a DD. Then maybe I could keep my camaro under 50,000 miles a little longer, but it's just to much fun to drive.
To be honest the cars are fun as hell and capable in all areas... but unlike Corvettes and F-Bodies there is no way of turning off the rawness just to sit in leather and blast up an open road not trying to impress or beat anyone... it still has the harsh ride, the wing the 4 door thing... this is where it flaws.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Nice kill. Mods?

Nice kill. Mods +2
Old 04-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Banned

nice kill show that pathetic riceburner whos boss

USA # 1
Old 04-09-2008, 01:46 PM
TECH Regular

To be honest the cars are fun as hell and capable in all areas... but unlike Corvettes and F-Bodies there is no way of turning off the rawness just to sit in leather and blast up an open road not trying to impress or beat anyone... it still has the harsh ride, the wing the 4 door thing... this is where it flaws.
are you serious dude? can't just turn it down and rip up the road not trying to impress anyone? its not a F430 or a Gallardo or anything.... gimme a break...

Don't forget to metion that they sound like ****, no matter what exhaust is on them....

Don't get me wrong, they're cool little cars for their purpose - and they are decently quick out of the box.... but in this thread you've made an STi sound like its the end all answer to everything automotive.. never in a million years would i take that car over my T/A...
Old 04-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SonofaBish
are you serious dude? can't just turn it down and rip up the road not trying to impress anyone? its not a F430 or a Gallardo or anything.... gimme a break...

Don't forget to metion that they sound like ****, no matter what exhaust is on them....

Don't get me wrong, they're cool little cars for their purpose - and they are decently quick out of the box.... but in this thread you've made an STi sound like its the end all answer to everything automotive.. never in a million years would i take that car over my T/A...
dont mind him hes just a retarded ricer troll. STis are garbage and look like ****. 4 door turbo economy cars arent cool.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ImportsFail
dont mind him hes just a retarded ricer troll. STis are garbage and look like ****. 4 door turbo economy cars arent cool.
i don't agree... i dont think they're ****..... but i also don't believe they're "the ****"...
Old 04-09-2008, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SonofaBish

You misunderstood me... I was saying that it is purpose built in the sense that it's not a car that you take out on a dusk cruise of the beach with the top off kind of thing. It's all performance nothing else where as a Vette or F-Bod, they are good for all of it.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ImportsFail
Again troll, where is the economy in hardly any sound proofing, 17mpg and below, big brake kit and a turbocharged 4 cylinder? Umm... do this >>> I'm not mad, I meant set yourself on fire and then run to keep the show going.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Yeah that's where the GTO shines. It's a very rewarding car to drive even when you're not racing.