Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bitch Slap Two Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Edit:

Last edited by DoggyB22; 06-06-2008 at 04:49 AM.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahaha got damn that's a big *** story i just read lol I got pulled over kinda the same way, but i was trying to catch up to this girl in a sweet red Z28 lol Good kills though, i just spanked an early-body style 2000 GT w/ Exhaust & rim's sometime last week. I guess there not as great as i expected GT's to be.....

So that SRT-8 Cherokee spanked your friends Evo???
Old 04-06-2008, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks man, sorry alot happen last night. nothing towards the mustang guys or anything but every mustang gt ive raced they had no chance. all were pretty much stock. so i dont know...thought gt were faster but at least the 07 sounded nice. ill give it that

Last edited by DoggyB22; 06-06-2008 at 04:50 AM.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

just fyi you dont have to list ls6 manifold in your sig it comes stock, good kills
Old 04-06-2008, 05:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
thanks man, sorry alot happen last night. nothing towards the mustang guys or anything but every mustang gt ive raced (raced 4 now) they had no chance. all were pretty much stock. so i dont know...thought gt were faster but at least the 07 sounded nice. ill give it that
Yeaa, i saw a black 07 GT w/ a nice loud exhaust the other night. I heard that **** over my system turned up. Got held up in traffic, otherwise i wouldve tried to get a run with him.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

o i know i just put it in there... thats just like sayin urs M6 hurst, loaded minus traction control, ttop. it basically comes stock with that to so yea? you barley got any miles on your dumdumdumdum huh. thanks
Old 04-06-2008, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good clean kills dude.

Most newer GT's you come across on the streets won't have anything that can handle an LS1 with even a couple of mods. The serious racers are the only ones that will give a stockish LS1 a good run. You can usually tell a good runner by the tires. Most of the NA S197s that I know of running in the 12's always ride with their DR's on.

But I don't know why everyone gets so surprised when they beat a new GT.......its still 300hp vs. 340-350ish hp. Nothing to make jokes about......mid 13 sec car vs. low 13/high 12 sec car. Sure, it's no Cobra.......but its a far cry from the joke that GT's were pre-05. There's just not a huge percentage of them out there that are setup right to be good competition for a well driven LS1 F-bod.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
sorry long story if you wanna read it. if not i beat a 07 mustang GT with no cats n a loud exhaust and also a 03 mustang GT with a exhaust.

well let me start off by saying last night was the luckiest night ever. me and my friend who has an stock 04 evo (i have a stock 01 z28 with dual borla exhaust) roll up to a get together where i was meeting another stock lt1 dumdumdumdum. so we all exchange names n check out eachothers cars. i ask if he wanted to go do a quick run. so we head off on the main street for about a mile and we turn down the street that we were going to race on. but as we turn the corner a cop just happens to be there waiting. and it looked sketch because two camaros a evo and some random mustang were with us. so the cop followed us and i was pretty far ahead of everyone. the cop caught up to me and was on my *** as i came up to a street. right when i turned the cop put on the light to pull over. the "girl" cop who was looking pretty good comes up to my window does the whole license n registration thing. and say "so how come you didnt stop at the stop sign way back there?" i was like what? what stop sign? haha totally missed it. my friend in the passenger seat didnt even see it. haha. she asks were those my friends who were following? of course i say no haha. so i give a BS story of what i was doing sayin i am lost and trying to find the highway n if she can give me directions? haha so she goes with it and says just go straight ahead and hands me back my license n im free to go.. so thats the first lucky thing that happen

next we all meet at krispy kreme again and i tell the whole story and more cars start showing up so we all check them out. there was a mustang that was twin turbo that was pretty clean "for a mustang". so some guy who had a black 07 mustang GT with no cats and a loud exhaust comes up talking to us about our cars. i ask him what hes got done to it n if he would be down to race. he agrees and so we all head out to where we are going to race. we get on a straight away street and line up from a 30mph roll. i was in first gear and he gives the three honks (i can barley hear it) and we go. instantly i get a jump on him, shifting into 2 and 3 i had a huge gap on him. i finally shut down at about 85mph and i would say had about 6 cars on him. we all meet at the street where were going to do our races. i go over and talk to the guy and he says good race. i ask him if he missed any shifts or anything? he says nope. then i said well u should of bought a camaro haha.

so everyone does their races (ill post up vids later). im not to good at launching yet, just got the camaro...never had a manual before. so i race the camaro from a dig and had it revving to high and spun the tires half way down the street. but when i finally hooked up i started to ketch up. we ended up not running again because others wanted to go. (next weekend hopefully) so i tell my friend to run his evo against some of the 5.0 stangs. he kills them, hes pretty much got his launching down so that awd really helps. but then a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 asks him if he wants to go. his friends all start laughin saying that jeep? i go you guys do know thats a srt 8 right? srt 8 are stock with 425 hp 420 lb torque. so they line up and and my friend in the evo gets the jump but misses a shift. they line up again and he gets the jump but the jeep comes flying by him. (ill post up the vids later) so its getting to that time where we should go and we start to head out. as we were leaving a cop rolls down the street so just lucked out there. i called the guy in the lt1 he said the cop was chill n told them to leave. so second lucky thing that happen

me n the evo start to head home on the highway and we never got to race so im trying to get him to go. a dodge charger pulls up next to me also. so were all lined up at 65mph and i give the 3 honks, but none of them wanna go so i try n try again. but they still didnt want to. so then my friend pulls off to get on another highway and then i see that a cop has been behind us the whole DAM TIME! it was kind of hidden behind another car but was still there. so i back off and slow down and pull in the slow lane. the cop rolls up next to me and for a sec and floors it. hahaa anyway after 15 min i see the cop ahead that pulled over a white G35 haha probly hates imports! so another lucky thing happen to me haha

so then i get back into my town and just pulled off the highway n a 2003 orange mustang with exhaust pulls up next to me and we go from a dig. i get a better launch then i did earlier and didnt spin the tires and killed him. probly by 7 cars, shut down at like 85mph. his was also auto. i headed home and called it a night. had a blast and ill probly be going back next weekend. ill post up the vids later. thanks for reading. NOW IM GOING TO GO WORK ON MY LAUNCHES!!!

had to on that one. 07's aren't that slow to be yanked like that. Unless he wasn't really racing.

Last edited by 94Mustang302ci; 04-06-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

....?

Last edited by DoggyB22; 06-06-2008 at 04:51 AM.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

I don't think he's calling bullshit on the kill, but by how many lengths. Unless there was major driver error on his part (highly likely), you should not have/did not beat him that bad unless you have a 75 shot you're not telling us.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
had to on that one. 07's aren't that slow to be yanked like that. Unless he wasn't really racing.
Well it is hard to tell at night, just how far you are ahead of the other person. His 6 Car length's is just a guess.....If it was a M6, maybe the guy missed a gear.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes very true....who knows maybe he was closer but ill i know is he was no where near my car. n i was just pullin more
Old 04-06-2008, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Good runs man. I hear you gotta race them new GTs from a dig. I just ran one myself the other night and I was pulling away from a roll too.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea their slower then i thought... so now when one pulls up next to me i pretty much know was to expect.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

edit........

Last edited by DoggyB22; 06-06-2008 at 04:51 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, dude. You like to test fate, huh? After all of those close calls with the cops, I'd have pulled it in for the night (probably after being pulled over that first time).

Nice kills, though.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Staging Lane

Where is the vid of the roll race with the Mustang?
Old 04-07-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

good kills,deaths for everyone!
Old 04-07-2008, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
Where is the vid of the roll race with the Mustang?
had no one in the car to video tape it. my friend who was in the car was kind of freaked out by the cop...haha DAMIT! i know i know. i wish he got it on tape
Old 04-07-2008, 07:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doggy send me a PM on where these runs take place.

Oh and i'm sure i have some lightly modded GT's that would give a good run. Two of my good friends owne new GT's and they run pretty strong