Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 Camaro SS vs 01 Cobra & 03 Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much is a GT500s rwhp vs a base LS2 vettes rwhp dollar for dollar after the GT500 markup and track/1/4 times?
Old 04-16-2008, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if its a sports car it competes with sports cars. no matter how many seats.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by theycallmealex89
what dont i have a clue about? go on?
the only thing i was apparently wrong about was that the cobra wasnt meant for the vette. ok. then why price it within 10k of it. and what was the 03-04 cobra competing against then? SINCE THE F-BODY WASNT AROUND. and what about the COBRA gt500 what is that competing with? the vette. unless your saying its in the same class as a sport coupe. such as, the honda accord, ooooo. and the gti, ahhhh. and the solara, ooooo. and the hyundai tiburon, ahhhhh. so what, its in a class of its own? no.
was the mustang not fords the answer to chevys vette that was out? and THEN came the camaro? im pretty sure thats the timeline on that.
just stop. cars dont always have another vehicle in direct competition. the corvette and mustang arent in direct competition. the tbird was the car in direct competition w/ the vette. pony cars compete w/ pony cars.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:21 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
just stop. cars dont always have another vehicle in direct competition. the corvette and mustang arent in direct competition. the tbird was the car in direct competition w/ the vette. pony cars compete w/ pony cars.
Exactly... the Mustang was NEVER EVER EVER intended to compete with the Corvette, especially when it came out. Base Mustang had what... 100hp in 1965? Please. They are not direct competitors, period.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
wrong. you stop.
and i quote this from wikipedia
"The Ford Thunderbird was a car manufactured in the United States by the Ford Motor Company. It entered production for the 1955 model year as a two-seater sporty car but, unlike the similar Chevrolet Corvette, the Thunderbird was never sold as a full-blown sports car. Ford described it as a personal luxury car, a description which named a new market segment. In 1958, the Thunderbird gained a second row of seats."

all sports cars compete with all sports cars. whose to makes the exception? dont try and make it fast if it cant go that fast. doesnt that make you about as intellegent as a honda with a 3 ft tall rear spoiler for downforce.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Exactly... the Mustang was NEVER EVER EVER intended to compete with the Corvette, especially when it came out. Base Mustang had what... 100hp in 1965? Please. They are not direct competitors, period.
Answer my questions on the other thread please!! What about the prices both cars are american muscle cars and both earn respect worldwide but come on and fess up. Whats the faster car I am dieing to know?
Old 04-16-2008, 04:30 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by LSWONGTO
Answer my questions on the other thread please!! What about the prices both cars are american muscle cars and both earn respect worldwide but come on and fess up. Whats the faster car I am dieing to know?
Everybody knows that the C6 (especially the LS3) is faster than the GT500. What bearing does that have on this conversation?
Old 04-16-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Everybody knows that the C6 (especially the LS3) is faster than the GT500. What bearing does that have on this conversation?
Thank you. The 2 cars compete with each other. Compition is what drives capitalism.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:42 PM
***Repost Police***

Thank you. The 2 cars compete with each other. Compition is what drives capitalism.
If you think the Mustang and the Corvette compete with each other in anything other than Speed World Cup racing (in which case I guess the GT500 competes with the Viper, 911, and CTS as well ), you have no idea what you're talking about. And it's COMPETITION.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you think the Mustang and the Corvette compete with each other in anything other than Speed World Cup racing (in which case I guess the GT500 competes with the Viper, 911, and CTS as well ), you have no idea what you're talking about. And it's COMPETITION.
Good point I remeber a few races and the CTS-V did vary well. But viper no 90,000$$ 911 no not american CTS-V right price range plus a real back seat. You were close to a good point. Keep trying bro this is some good fun.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:55 PM
***Repost Police***

lol... you're a funny kid
Old 04-16-2008, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol... you're a funny kid
Well thank you I am only 20.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:58 PM
***Repost Police***

Really? I was thinking younger.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And someone who has already spent 6 months in Ballad thats about to do it again. What high school do u go to?
Old 04-16-2008, 05:04 PM
***Repost Police***

Well I thank you for your military experience... not my cup of tea, but it is something that some people are meant to do. I went to Duncanville high school. Two people from my graduating class (one a close friend) went to Westpoint. My best friend is in the Navy, stationed in Pensacola, and one of my other very close friends has a brother in the Air Force that is in Afghanistan. So I am not anti-military.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Good point I remeber a few races and the CTS-V did vary well. But viper no 90,000$$ 911 no not american CTS-V right price range plus a real back seat. You were close to a good point. Keep trying bro this is some good fun.
Wow you COMPLETELY missed the point of his post.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I thank you for your military experience... not my cup of tea, but it is something that some people are meant to do. I went to Duncanville high school. Two people from my graduating class (one a close friend) went to Westpoint. My best friend is in the Navy, stationed in Pensacola, and one of my other very close friends has a brother in the Air Force that is in Afghanistan. So I am not anti-military.
Thank you for you for you kindness ( not tryin tob an ********) just pissed about missing another summer/birthday/my 21F&^%&%%)birthday.Tell ur friends some ***** from LS1TECH said good luck and take care. But honestly man how is my 5.7 badge ricer that hurts Its a tool to lure people into thinking its slower. 99.9% know its cammed but think its 385/395rwhp not 457rwhp and429rwtq.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Teching In

wrong. you stop.
"The Ford Thunderbird was a car manufactured in the United States by the Ford Motor Company. It entered production for the 1955 model year as a two-seater sporty car but, unlike the similar Chevrolet Corvette, the Thunderbird was never sold as a full-blown sports car. Ford described it as a personal luxury car, a description which named a new market segment. In 1958, the Thunderbird gained a second row of seats."

all sports cars compete with all sports cars. whose to makes the exception? dont try and make it fast if it cant go that fast. doesnt that make you about as intellegent as a honda with a 3 ft tall rear spoiler for downforce.
Dude, get your head out of your butt! The Chevrolet Corvette is one of only two current American-made sports cars. The other is the Dodge Viper.

The Ford Mustang, regardless of how much it costs, or how much horsepower it may have, is a PONY CAR, period. A pony car is a sporty, two door coupe, with a 2+2 seating arrangement, and until the revived Chevy Camaro and the Dodge Challenger hit the streets, the Mustang has that class all to itself.

The Corvette competes against other sports cars, they may cost less, they may cost more, they may have less horsepower, they may have more horsepower, but they will always only have two seats!
Old 04-16-2008, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wrong. you stop.

you cited wikipedia as a source for information, that right there killed your arguement
Old 04-16-2008, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

what dont i have a clue about? go on?
the only thing i was apparently wrong about was that the cobra wasnt meant for the vette. ok. then why price it within 10k of it. and what was the 03-04 cobra competing against then? SINCE THE F-BODY WASNT AROUND. and what about the COBRA gt500 what is that competing with? the vette. unless your saying its in the same class as a sport coupe. such as, the honda accord, ooooo. and the gti, ahhhh. and the solara, ooooo. and the hyundai tiburon, ahhhhh. so what, its in a class of its own? no.
was the mustang not fords the answer to chevys vette that was out? and THEN came the camaro? im pretty sure thats the timeline on that.
ah you could buy both an 03 cobra and an 02 f-body brand new at the same time. due to no 02 cobra the 03's were released early in 02 and an optioned out f-body was on par price wise with a cobra. and no mustang was ever meant to compete against a vette.