Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

stock 350z kills stock ws6

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Just like there is no history of the Cobalt being good cars. In the case of the Cobalts, there's actually evidence to the contrary (ie; Cavalier). My first car was a '94 Integra GS-R that I BOUGHT with 134k miles, and I sold it with 193k on it. Still running like a top.
sorry but cobalts have nothing in common with cavaliers other than the fact they are compact cars. also i've never seen an early 90's integra without issues.

you also have to consider who drives the car and what the car is capable of.

lik e5 of 6 cavaliers are driven by 16 year old kids who do NOTHING but put gas in them and drive them like some sort of race car. now compare that to a 60yr old who takes it to the shop every 1500 miles for a squeeky belt or no reason at all....
Old 04-27-2008, 09:45 PM
12 Second Club

Why is it that so that you all act like it is impossible for a Z to beat a WS6? The link isn't working so I'm not sure who posted that, but I'm on that forum and have posted beating a WS6. And I did it stock. Don't know what he had done, but he lost...TWICE! Maybe he just couldn't drive. Stock for stock, the Z vs LS1 are very close. A drivers race. My Z is now TT pushing over 400 to the wheels and I lost to a WS6 w/ only a K&N 2 weekends ago. I lost traction in 2nd & 3rd and couldn't make up the distance in time. The next race I put probably 3 cars on him when I didn't spin.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Blwn_by_Twins
Why is it that so that you all act like it is impossible for a Z to beat a WS6? The link isn't working so I'm not sure who posted that, but I'm on that forum and have posted beating a WS6. And I did it stock. Don't know what he had done, but he lost...TWICE! Maybe he just couldn't drive. Stock for stock, the Z vs LS1 are very close. A drivers race. My Z is now TT pushing over 400 to the wheels and I lost to a WS6 w/ only a K&N 2 weekends ago. I lost traction in 2nd & 3rd and couldn't make up the distance in time. The next race I put probably 3 cars on him when I didn't spin.
Ummm not to be rude..........but your F'n kidding us right? Stock for stock.LOL That is funny. I hear the newer 350's are close, like the 08's. But the years before. Not so much.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:08 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by toslo5o
sorry but cobalts have nothing in common with cavaliers other than the fact they are compact cars. also i've never seen an early 90's integra without issues.

you also have to consider who drives the car and what the car is capable of.

lik e5 of 6 cavaliers are driven by 16 year old kids who do NOTHING but put gas in them and drive them like some sort of race car. now compare that to a 60yr old who takes it to the shop every 1500 miles for a squeeky belt or no reason at all....
I'm well aware that the Cobalt is not a Cavalier... I think you missed my point. The only thing I have to refer to on the reliability/dependability/longevity of the Cobalt, is how well it's predecessor performed. As far as reliability of Integras, my car had absolutely nothing go wrong with it that wasn't routine maintenance or something I did. The timing belt even snapped @ 142k miles, and didn't do any damage (And the B18C1 is an interference motor). So if you've never seen an Integra without issues, you must work at a junkyard or repair shop.
Prior to '07, a well-driven LS1 F-body would beat a comparable 350Z basically every time. If you're talking an automatic convertible F-body vs. a 6spd '06 350Z it would be close... from a stop. But LS1s typically trap ~5mph higher than pre-'07 Zs.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Banned

Drivers race

As soon as one import troll dissappears another one comes in to fill the spot.

And damn, 400 to the wheels with twin turbos?? I'd push the car off a cliff it I invested that kind of money for a twin turbo kit and only made 400WHP.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Drivers race

And damn, 400 to the wheels with twin turbos?? I'd push the car off a cliff it I invested that kind of money for a twin turbo kit and only made 400WHP.
X 1000000000000000000000000000000 and still only have 200foot pounds of torque!
Old 04-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Banned

I'm well aware that the Cobalt is not a Cavalier... I think you missed my point. The only thing I have to refer to on the reliability/dependability/longevity of the Cobalt, is how well it's predecessor performed. As far as reliability of Integras, my car had absolutely nothing go wrong with it that wasn't routine maintenance or something I did. The timing belt even snapped @ 142k miles, and didn't do any damage (And the B18C1 is an interference motor). So if you've never seen an Integra without issues, you must work at a junkyard or repair shop.
Shutup and stop trolling about gay honda. Honda B-series engines are junk, valvetrains are noisy and fequently go out of adjustment, high mileage ones ALWAYS burn oil, and just about every oil seal ends up leaking. The cheap D-series are more common to see with high mileage, B-series don't last that long.

And for the record, you're once again clueless. My '90 Cavalier had 220,000 miles on it when I sold it in November, and its still on the road. Burns less than a quart between changes, and the only thing that I needed to replace was the power steering pump. Which cost me a whopping $35. See, parts are cheap for Cavaliers. When your shitty Integra breaks, you're paying out the *** for parts and especially labor, since you can't even check your own oil. You're the last person who should be commenting about reliability when you're never actually opened the hood of a car in your short 17 year life.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
And of course Idontrunelevens will be right there swinging on his nuts with every word he speaks, because 350Z's are the best damn cars ever made and everyone should own one.

O yea, and Integras neve break down or need service. They just run forever and ever. And Idontrunelevens knows this because he's so mechanically inclined and inspected the entire car himself for wear and tear. He did this all without opening the hood, because he can't figure out how that damn hood latch works.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:44 PM
***Repost Police***

Shutup and stop trolling about gay honda. Honda B-series engines are junk, valvetrains are noisy and fequently go out of adjustment, high mileage ones ALWAYS burn oil, and just about every oil seal ends up leaking. The cheap D-series are more common to see with high mileage, B-series don't last that long.

And for the record, you're once again clueless. My '90 Cavalier had 220,000 miles on it when I sold it in November, and its still on the road. Burns less than a quart between changes, and the only thing that I needed to replace was the power steering pump. Which cost me a whopping $35. See, parts are cheap for Cavaliers. When your shitty Integra breaks, you're paying out the *** for parts and especially labor, since you can't even check your own oil. You're the last person who should be commenting about reliability when you're never actually opened the hood of a car in your short 17 year life.
1) 220k miles over 18-19 years is semi-impressive, but I'd consider 193k miles in 10 years to be a bit more-so.
2) My valvetrain was not overly-noisy, and I used synthetic oil.
3) Used 1-2 quarts between oil changes, max.

I never said that there weren't high-mile Cavaliers on the road, just saying that it's a poorly put-together car, and the quality is SEVERELY lacking. And I'm not the only person who thinks that. There was a reason Chevy changed the name to "Cobalt." It's so people wouldn't associate the new car (that could very well be a great car), with the old one. And as I've told you before, I'm no mechanic but I have done my fair share of wrenching.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:44 PM
***Repost Police***

And of course Idontrunelevens will be right there swinging on his nuts with every word he speaks, because 350Z's are the best damn cars ever made and everyone should own one.

O yea, and Integras neve break down or need service. They just run forever and ever. And Idontrunelevens knows this because he's so mechanically inclined and inspected the entire car himself for wear and tear. He did this all without opening the hood, because he can't figure out how that damn hood latch works.
That doesn't make a damn bit of sense.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Banned

My opinion is that if US automakers want me to spend my hard-earned money on buying a new car from them, they need to make something that I WANT to buy. If I wanted a fullsized SUV, I'd most likely get a new Suburban or Tahoe, because I believe they are the best in their class. But we'll see about that when the next Titan comes out. If I wanted a half-ton truck I would get a Titan (personal preference), but anything heavier duty than that would be one of the new Ford Super Duty trucks. IMO The Quest and Odyssey are the best minivans out there. Compact trucks, Nissan/Toyota. I refuse to blindly support something because of where it comes from, even if it's my own country. Doing so does a dis-service to the industry IMO, because it does not force them to make the best product they can.
Hate to rain on your parade while you're on a rant there import troll, but the Nissan Titan sucks. In fact, the Titan sucks so bad, that Nissan is giving up entirely on making a full size truck.

They are in negotiations with Chrysler to use the next-gen Ram chassis for their next generation Titan.

You claim you would buy American if they were better. Well, America makes the best damn trucks on the planet, and yet you're still swinging on Nissan's ***** and saying how great the Titan is. Its a pile of ****, you are the most ignorant person I've ever seen in my life. Maybe by the time you're old enough to buy tobacco products you'll open your eyes and stop viewing the world through your skewed perspective.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:51 PM
Banned

1) 220k miles over 18-19 years is semi-impressive, but I'd consider 193k miles in 10 years to be a bit more-so.
2) My valvetrain was not overly-noisy, and I used synthetic oil.
3) Used 1-2 quarts between oil changes, max.

I never said that there weren't high-mile Cavaliers on the road, just saying that it's a poorly put-together car, and the quality is SEVERELY lacking. And I'm not the only person who thinks that. There was a reason Chevy changed the name to "Cobalt." It's so people wouldn't associate the new car (that could very well be a great car), with the old one. And as I've told you before, I'm no mechanic but I have done my fair share of wrenching.
You aren't a mechanic. You haven't done any "wrenching". You aren't fooling anyone in here.

Taking the wing nut off an air cleaner and changing the filter doesn't count as wrenching. Sorry to rain on your parade, again.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:16 AM
***Repost Police***

Hate to rain on your parade while you're on a rant there import troll, but the Nissan Titan sucks. In fact, the Titan sucks so bad, that Nissan is giving up entirely on making a full size truck.

They are in negotiations with Chrysler to use the next-gen Ram chassis for their next generation Titan.

You claim you would buy American if they were better. Well, America makes the best damn trucks on the planet, and yet you're still swinging on Nissan's ***** and saying how great the Titan is. Its a pile of ****, you are the most ignorant person I've ever seen in my life. Maybe by the time you're old enough to buy tobacco products you'll open your eyes and stop viewing the world through your skewed perspective.

You aren't a mechanic. You haven't done any "wrenching". You aren't fooling anyone in here.

Taking the wing nut off an air cleaner and changing the filter doesn't count as wrenching. Sorry to rain on your parade, again.
For the record, my best friend has an '04 Titan and he's had absolutely zero problems with it. But whatever. And I already said that if I wanted anything larger than a half-ton, I would get a Super Duty F-series. As far as my "wrenching" experience, I've done a bit of everything from installing bolt-ons (longtubes on a 4.6 is NO fun... thanks Chris), to pulling the engine out of my old Mustang to change the headgaskets, and do a cam/intake manifold swap. I had some assistance with that because I didn't want to mess up timing the car, but I did quite a bit of the work myself. It's not building an engine up from a bare block, but it's more than installing a new air filter .
Old 04-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Banned

Stock for stock in a straight line a 350z stands no chance, my friends 03 dynoed 282rwhp with the mods he has, a little higher than the 07+ would dyno they dyno around 270rwhp or so, his is a 6 speed. And my T/A took him everytime, roll, dig didnt matter, the fact is they have IRS, weigh only 100lbs or so less than a T/A but with my bolt ons my car had 357rwhp, 75 more rwhp with less mods. And for all those 350z boys thinking they can pull a ls1 top end, WRONG, hes my best friend, we have raced from every speed, we did a 90mph roll up to 140 or so and i won that aswell. Its a really nice car i love driving it but in a straight line its ls1 all the way. I have 3 friends with 350zs, 2 with 03s and 1 with a 05 i believe, none of them have ever been a close race in a straight line.

So i was looking at dragtimes.com, where people post there times and mods, there was 1 350z out of hundreds that ran lower than a 13.5 stock, all the rest had bolts or a small nitrous shot to hit lower than 13.5, some with 100 shots couldnt get out of the 13s with 2.0 60ft times, some single turbo and SC 350zs were running high 12s with 1.9-2.2 60fttimes.

Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 04-28-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:49 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru
Stock for stock in a straight line a 350z stands no chance, my friends 03 dynoed 282rwhp with the mods he has, a little higher than the 07+ would dyno they dyno around 270rwhp or so, his is a 6 speed. And my T/A took him everytime, roll, dig didnt matter, the fact is they have IRS, weigh only 100lbs or so less than a T/A but with my bolt ons my car had 357rwhp, 75 more rwhp with less mods. And for all those 350z boys thinking they can pull a ls1 top end, WRONG, hes my best friend, we have raced from every speed, we did a 90mph roll up to 140 or so and i won that aswell. Its a really nice car i love driving it but in a straight line its ls1 all the way. I have 3 friends with 350zs, 2 with 03s and 1 with a 05 i believe, none of them have ever been a close race in a straight line.

So i was looking at dragtimes.com, where people post there times and mods, there was 1 350z out of hundreds that ran lower than a 13.5 stock, all the rest had bolts or a small nitrous shot to hit lower than 13.5, some with 100 shots couldnt get out of the 13s with 2.0 60ft times, some single turbo and SC 350zs were running high 12s with 1.9-2.2 60fttimes.
FWIW, the '07s didn't just get an increase in peak horsepower... it's a pretty good increase over the whole rpm range.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Banned

Oh yes, the 07 did have a increase in overall powerband, but my friends also has somethings done to his ECU which helped with his slight lack of power through rpms. I have seen him take new 350z that are stock, from rolls so i know he has more power and a good range of power.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:07 PM
TECH Regular

@ ONEBADASSWS6

perhaps you should watch your blood-pressure? just a thought.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:30 PM
12 Second Club

Prior to '07, a well-driven LS1 F-body would beat a comparable 350Z basically every time. If you're talking an automatic convertible F-body vs. a 6spd '06 350Z it would be close... from a stop. But LS1s typically trap ~5mph higher than pre-'07 Zs.
Yes, the DE motors were a little slower than the HR's. I agree that the LS would win most of the time too, but it still a drivers race. 1 small mistake on either driver would cost the race.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:39 PM
12 Second Club

Drivers race

First off, I only decided to post b/c of the FALSE INFO being posted in an attempt to help educate others. Sorry if I offended you by joining your club were it seems anyone who doesn't drive a LS/LT gets slammed. Second you don't have any idea how much I have invested. Third I'm only running 8psi until I have the internals forged then I will be aiming for 550+. I almost bought a WS6 this time around, but wanted something a little more uncommon. LS's run wild here. Others might say the same to you about buying an American made car. Not that I think so. I've owned 2 Z28's & like I said almost bought a WS6, so don't think I'm trying to hurl insults. I'm not.

***Edit***
And by the way, my car made 248rwhp stock right bf I built it. So ONLY making 416whp gained me 168whp on 8.4psi.

Last edited by Blwn_by_Twins; 04-28-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Once again, try researching. 374ftlbs!

Quick Reply: stock 350z kills stock ws6