Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

stock 350z kills stock ws6

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thatboyvic
those things are dog slow... i know i was on pit crew for my friends red one at pinks all out san antonio...

back on topic pm me to continue our discussion... i have alot of info on them though if you need it
Maybe you can't see my signature? I've had mine for over 2 years. I know plenty. Dog slow stock then that means LS1s are crap slow. Get a clue.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Already proven it can beat it from a dig with decent launch. 11.8s suck for a Z-06. Go do some research.

The 3900lb GT-R with every driver aid imaginable is built for circuit racing? LMAO!
lol yeah with this so called superior launch control? everytime you hear anyone talk about it that comes up instantly... its advanced yes, fast god yes, but i would still pick the zo6... i love the gtr and i bet its one wild car to own...
Old 04-17-2008, 03:27 PM
TECH Regular

What is the price tag on one of these GTR turds?
Old 04-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Launching!

Maybe you can't see my signature? I've had mine for over 2 years. I know plenty. Dog slow stock then that means LS1s are crap slow. Get a clue.
ls1's are crap slow... hahaha thats why i have an ls2. i saw your signature thats why i opted to pick on you... i pick on my friend all the time.... if we watch a police chase and the cop is driving a charger i make silly comments like " if he wasnt in the charger he could have caught em" lol dont take it personal... just a beef i have with him that carried on over to you
Old 04-17-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Regular

Chargers are slow.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:31 PM
***Repost Police***

Already proven it can beat it from a dig with decent launch. 11.8s suck for a Z-06. Go do some research.

The 3900lb GT-R with every driver aid imaginable is built for circuit racing? LMAO!
I've seen magazines tests as low as 11.5 for the GT-R... don't tell me to "do some research" . And yes, it was designed for track racing. Just like the Z06. Up until this year, Formula 1 cars had "every driver aid imaginable" as well. It gets the job done, and does it quite well.
Originally Posted by thatboyvic
lol yeah with this so called superior launch control? everytime you hear anyone talk about it that comes up instantly... its advanced yes, fast god yes, but i would still pick the zo6... i love the gtr and i bet its one wild car to own...
The launch control is insane. I'm not sure which I would pick, as I don't have $70-$80k to blow on a "toy."
Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
What is the price tag on one of these GTR turds?
Looks to be in the $70-$75k range.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Launching!

they are and for having your car 2yrs you should be ashamed... haha i have had mine what 6 months and went from stock to full bolt ons and cam.. my friend got his charger the same month as me and already pushing 500+ hp and tq... the things a monster on the street FOR A FOUR DOOR... weight and lack of tuning support hold it back... he owns both a charger srt8 and a jeep srt8... i like em... but mod for mod i always kicked his ***. if it was at the track or on the street roll or dig my goat was victorious at half the cost

plus all his work and he still cant beat my bolt on record... so until then i have beef haha
Old 04-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I've seen magazines tests as low as 11.5 for the GT-R... don't tell me to "do some research" . And yes, it was designed for track racing. Just like the Z06. Up until this year, Formula 1 cars had "every driver aid imaginable" as well. It gets the job done, and does it quite well.

The launch control is insane. I'm not sure which I would pick, as I don't have $70-$80k to blow on a "toy."

Looks to be in the $70-$75k range.
ooo 70k can i lease it hahaha
Old 04-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Chargers are slow.
has anyone even got into the 10s on a 6.1? hell most of the record holders have stroked motors... hmmmm
Old 04-17-2008, 03:41 PM
TECH Regular

I know nothing of the Charger. No one races them around here. I just know they are SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:04 PM
12 Second Club

it's a car built for circuit racing.
Which "circuit races" is it built for exactly??

The all Japan GT Championship GT500 class maybe/only.
That is probably the only place on this earth it can currently (MAYBE) conform to the rules and compete. Even then, it would probably have to lose most of it's 'nannies'.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:36 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Which "circuit races" is it built for exactly??

The all Japan GT Championship GT500 class maybe/only.
That is probably the only place on this earth it can currently (MAYBE) conform to the rules and compete. Even then, it would probably have to lose most of it's 'nannies'.
It was still designed and built with going around road courses as fast as possible, without sacrificing everyday driveability. I know you don't like/respect/appreciate/acknowledge it because it's not domestic, but it's still an amazing car.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Regular

It was still designed and built with going around road courses as fast as possible, without sacrificing everyday driveability. I know you don't like/respect/appreciate/acknowledge it because it's not domestic, but it's still an amazing car.
True it is all that plus one. You left out gay.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:43 PM
11 Second Club

Die thread, die...
Old 04-17-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
hahaha thats what the z guys think, they say a z will pull an ls1 up top lol....

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/inde...1&#entry517321

Riight!

A few years ago when they first came out I raced a coupe with my nearly bone stock(Flowmaster, K&N, tuneup) 95 T/A 6spd vert...I put at least 2 cars on it from a roll up to about 100. My 98 is quite a bit faster than my 95 up top. They are low 14 high 13 second cars at best...Moter Trend got a 14.0 for the 287hp version.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._overview.html
Old 04-18-2008, 08:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Dog slow stock then that means LS1s are crap slow.
Was that even a question. Seems to me like a valid statement.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:57 PM
12 Second Club

Let's just say that it was designed and built with MUCH MORE than just going straight as fast as possible in mind.

I NEVER said it was not an "amazing car". In fact, I've given it kudos before and most definitely have acknowleded it's performance and maybe even appreciated it's technology/engineering. Hell, I did not even bash it's looks like (almost) everyone else on here!!

But respect is another thing entirely.

And yes, I could/would NEVER own one as I do not believe in handing Japan that much cash for anything, let alone that there are other American/domestic products out there that can match and/or beat it's performance.
Sorry, there are just WAY too many U.S. citizens un/underemployed, with no health benefits, or even no food on the table, to be supporting Japan's economy (when/where there IS a choice) in these times.
And YES, even ONE purchase of this magnitude DOES make a difference!!!!!
Too bad if you (or any of the other import fanboyz on here, or even your Econ 101 profs for that matter) don't agree with me on the above.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:58 PM
TECH Regular

Let's just say that it was designed and built with MUCH MORE than just going straight as fast as possible in mind.

I NEVER said it was not an "amazing car". In fact, I've given it kudos before and most definitely have acknowleded it's performance and maybe even appreciated it's technology/engineering. Hell, I did not even bash it's looks like (almost) everyone else on here!!

And yes, I could/would NEVER own one as I do not believe in handing Japan that much cash for anything, let alone that there are other American/domestic products out there that can match and/or beat it's performance.
Sorry, there are just WAY too many U.S. citizens un/underemployed, with no health benefits, or even no food on the table, to be supporting Japan's economy (when/where there IS a choice) in these times.
Too bad if you (or any of the other import fanboyz on here, or even your Econ 101 profs for that matter) don't agree with me on the above.
AMEN BRUTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Regular

I agree with you. I have never liked buying any foreign car just for that reason. But you have to admit the competition makes the domestics better. I just wish competition between the big three would have produced Japanese quality vehicles on their own much sooner.

And those that still bitch and say Japan builds better quality stuff need to look a little more closely at those vehicles. I just test drove a new Malibu. And having driven both vehicles you would have to smoking crack IMO if you want the cookie cutter bmw copying snooze fest we know as the accord over that. The malibu's interior was a hell of alot nicer IMO too. Honda has way way too much going on.

Oh and I drove the 2.4l too. Only complaint is 4spd auto instead of the honda's 5. but that is one nice car for what it is. They wanted 21k for the one I was driving. Way less than the similarly equipped honda. For some reason those things are hard to get. Chevy is giving their crap away.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:39 PM
***Repost Police***

My opinion is that if US automakers want me to spend my hard-earned money on buying a new car from them, they need to make something that I WANT to buy. If I wanted a fullsized SUV, I'd most likely get a new Suburban or Tahoe, because I believe they are the best in their class. But we'll see about that when the next Titan comes out. If I wanted a half-ton truck I would get a Titan (personal preference), but anything heavier duty than that would be one of the new Ford Super Duty trucks. IMO The Quest and Odyssey are the best minivans out there. Compact trucks, Nissan/Toyota. I refuse to blindly support something because of where it comes from, even if it's my own country. Doing so does a dis-service to the industry IMO, because it does not force them to make the best product they can.

Quick Reply: stock 350z kills stock ws6