Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

stock 350z kills stock ws6

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lickeyman
http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/inde...howtopic=24901

I added a post. Bet it gets deleted though.
Just check it out all it said was (We've been seeing a lot of unwarranted personal attacks by ethugs who have nothing better to do with their pathetic lives than to register on multiple automotive sites and harass members.

After the past day or so, I have already banned or deleted 2 new members and am looking to do a couple more.

Using profanity to make personal attacks against members and challenging them to races is an automatic ban from this site. We have no room for immaturity and would like to think of this site as one for mature adults who share the same enthusiasm for all things automotive and Z related.

You have been warned.)
So f%$#ing gay. I must get a login and see how well a 350Z vs LS2 GTO match would be. Also I have already ran a vortech 350Z on 10pounds and lets just say I put a buslength on him. Before the race he was laughing about running a (bolt on 5.7) dumbass didn,t know what a cam sounds like
Old 04-15-2008, 12:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thatboyvic
no its not. depending on year, if we are talking the newest one out the nismo edition can hang with if not take a ws6... stock 6 are slow as ****..

so since you guys are putting up the best trans am, the ws6, the power house of ta's correct? and throwing this against any old base model z? well lets compare top of the line ta vs top of the line 350z...

the 3.5-liter V6 350 hp, with torque hitting 268 lb-ft. in the new nismo z.... so less cubic inches and the same power output of a 5.7? now isnt that impressive or no? they made the same power with less cubes. the new z isnt exactly a bitch and an unsuspecting ws6 could get a good match with one worth it... dont pick on base models and if you do compare them to other base models.

i hate when people judge my 06 gto when they killed an 04 with an ancient ls1
umm we were going off of what they said... that is what they were comparing... and if you comparing the nismo or whatever it is.... lets compare that and the what is it??? blackhawk or whatever.. it has like 600 some odd horsepower.. or the berger.... list goes on..

they still have a few more years before they beat us stock to stock.. but as far as modding we will still pick up more from mods.. more displacement...
Old 04-15-2008, 12:24 AM
Teching In

forget the nismo, not sure why that was brought up, the nismo Z comes with the standard 306hp at the crank... its upgrades are more for rigidity on the road course....

but a stock 07 and up 350z will hang with and beat a stock F-body... the HR motor is much better than the previous Z motors, and as I said before people have been trapping 107mph+ with the new Z's. they are not slow cars.(speaking in stock terms)

now add on some bolt ons and the LS1 will do what it does best.

Last edited by C5_vette; 04-15-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by C5_vette
forget the nismo, not sure why that was brought up, the nismo Z comes with the standard 306hp at the crank... its upgrades are more for rigidity on the road course....

but a stock 07 and up 350z will hang with and beat a stock F-body... the HR motor is much better than the previous Z motors, and as I said before people have been trapping 107mph+ with the new Z's. they are not slow cars.(speaking in stock terms)

now add on some bolt ons and the LS1 will do what it does best.
stock for stock.. or mod for mod.. i have never had a z even keep up with me.. 0-40ish yea.. cause i have ALWAYS been traction impaired. but i catch up and pass and proceed to put lengths really fast... i dont know though.. anything can happen...

just remember that when you say people have been trapping 107 with them.. there have been stock fbodys trap 112...
Old 04-15-2008, 12:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LT1MAN
i liked this one:

"Technology begins to show its age when a newer V6 begins to beat older V8 muscle in a straight line.

That being said, the fourth-gen LS1 Trans Am will take a little longer before Zees start beating them, stock-to-stock and with equal drivers. It's basically the same car as a Camaro. The next generation of Z-Car will do it, but until then, the Trans Am still has a few more months of straightline dominance over japanese sports cars.

Then again, there is the new Evo, STI and S2000(?) to worry about...

Life's too short to be mad about your car not being the fastest, or no longer being the fastest."

i guess they forgot that there is a new camaro coming out...
yeah and he also forgot that there really isnt alot of stock F-body's either, that will woop that *** even harder LOL
Old 04-15-2008, 12:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BAD-GTO
yeah and he also forgot that there really isnt alot of stock F-body's either, that will woop that *** even harder LOL
lol.. unless its someone that isnt going to rave any how.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

HA I smoked a brand new 350Z about 2 weeks ago. It was a friend of a friend and we did a few highway pulls. He had some intake which actually looked pretty cool and a catback but yeah it looked pretty ugly for him when I hit it around 50-60
Old 04-15-2008, 07:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
stock for stock.. or mod for mod.. i have never had a z even keep up with me.. 0-40ish yea.. cause i have ALWAYS been traction impaired. but i catch up and pass and proceed to put lengths really fast... i dont know though.. anything can happen...

just remember that when you say people have been trapping 107 with them.. there have been stock fbodys trap 112...
yea but stock F-bodys trapping 112 is not the norm, several 07 z's have been hitting 13.1's and trapping around 106- 107, I wasnt citing extreme examples...its not the hard to belive that they would give a stock F-body a run..

and like I said mod for mod forget it, the LS1 responds too well to bolt ons, and the VQ35HR does not... I just couldnt believe some of the posts in this thread.... my point was watch out for the 07 z's they will give you a run...( stock for stock) thats all..

and yea i know many of us are modded

and yea i know the new camaro is coming which i am excited for...

Last edited by C5_vette; 04-15-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:41 AM
TECH Regular

The whole thread over there was started with some guy stating he beat a t/a with his 03. Not gonna happen unless something was wrong. Driver error or messed up car. Either that t/a was tore up or the driver spun the hell out of it.

But if you were STILL able to read the thread over there we would see that the OP stated he beat it on the top end. Total and absolute BS unless something wrong with the driver or the car.

I just can't believe the blatant sexism and ignorance that the 350z tech forum allows their members. Makes me proud to be a member on this forum. As soon as we smell any BS the flag comes out.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so since you guys are putting up the best trans am, the ws6, the power house of ta's correct? and throwing this against any old base model z? well lets compare top of the line ta vs top of the line 350z...

The WS6 is no faster then a base trans-am, Z28, or SS
Old 04-15-2008, 07:45 AM
Teching In

The whole thread over there was started with some guy stating he beat a t/a with his 03. Not gonna happen unless something was wrong. Driver error or messed up car. Either that t/a was tore up or the driver spun the hell out of it.

But if you were STILL able to read the thread over there we would see that the OP stated he beat it on the top end. Total and absolute BS unless something wrong with the driver or the car.

I just can't believe the blatant sexism and ignorance that the 350z tech forum allows their members. Makes me proud to be a member on this forum. As soon as we smell any BS the flag comes out.
ah I could not see the original thread over there... yea there is no way that an 03 z beat on an a T/A especially the top end... thats pretty ridiculous... ( 07 I would have believed)

my350z.com is a much better Z community.. if that was stated over there people would have jumped all over it, they know what the LS1's and so on are capable of....
Old 04-15-2008, 07:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by C5_vette
i wouldnt put it past an 07 and up 350z to beat a stock F-body, dont sleep on the HR motor, they are trapping 107mph+ bone stock...
EXACTLY...

Add +1 to the 'Not another clueless fanboy' column.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD-GTO

Yeah...we don't exist ... like the tooth fairy.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:54 AM
TECH Regular

yeah.. i posted over there as "USPSnotreally" and they were like "im a little bitch so im locking the thread because we know we cant beat a WS6. ive got sand in my vag" .... ok maybe they didnt say that, but it was close.

yeah the WS6, if it was even a WS6, prolly had a huge vacuum leak or the driver was a one arm midget... either way i too pull out the flag
Old 04-15-2008, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

the 3.5-liter V6 350 hp, with torque hitting 268 lb-ft. in the new nismo z.... so less cubic inches and the same power output of a 5.7? now isnt that impressive or no?
considering they've had 6 years of development and new technology since they quit making ws6's? no, had they found out a way to make torque out of a v6 as well as "350hp", yes

i mean come on dude, our motors are using dinosaur pushrod v-8 technology vs. all this new stuff everybody else is coming out with.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Launching!

unless its an 07-08 350z they are slow... and quit quoting 306hp... i was talking about the 350hp 350z lol... we have one we are working on... looking to drop it into the mid 12 range... but you have to give it up to these guys they did make 350hp on way less cubes... there engineering is far more advanced then our push rod v8s. i like em but an 03 or 04 will get murdered.

now not saying the new one will win just give you a good run
Old 04-15-2008, 08:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LT1MAN
considering they've had 6 years of development and new technology since they quit making ws6's? no, had they found out a way to make torque out of a v6 as well as "350hp", yes

i mean come on dude, our motors are using dinosaur pushrod v-8 technology vs. all this new stuff everybody else is coming out with.
so why havent you bought something newer to race. dont cry about havinng ancient stuff... i just said i like em and its more advanced lol

oh so the newest lsx power plant has push rods correct? dinosaur how? its just American design haha

how about the new gtr? woop all over the pride and joy of the new corvette?
Old 04-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by quadd2244
HA I smoked a brand new 350Z about 2 weeks ago. It was a friend of a friend and we did a few highway pulls. He had some intake which actually looked pretty cool and a catback but yeah it looked pretty ugly for him when I hit it around 50-60
the fast ones have 2 tb's and 2 intakes good kill though
Old 04-15-2008, 09:21 AM
TECH Regular

no its not. depending on year, if we are talking the newest one out the nismo edition can hang with if not take a ws6... stock 6 are slow as ****..
The thread was about an 03' 350z which when stock, "are slow as ****"

so since you guys are putting up the best trans am, the ws6, the power house of ta's correct? and throwing this against any old base model z? well lets compare top of the line ta vs top of the line 350z.....i hate when people judge my 06 gto when they killed an 04 with an ancient ls1
Top line T/A WS6 is same as bottom line T/A. That's worse than being pissed your LS2 goat about being compared to "ancient" ls1 goats.....

the 3.5-liter V6 350 hp, with torque hitting 268 lb-ft. in the new nismo z.... so less cubic inches and the same power output of a 5.7? now isnt that impressive or no? they made the same power with less cubes. the new z isnt exactly a bitch and an unsuspecting ws6 could get a good match with one worth it... dont pick on base models and if you do compare them to other base models.
I will say most anybody in here knows that the 07+ 350z's are faster than the earlier models. A 3.5lv6 making yadda yadda hp. Who cares? HP to L is RICER math unless we are talking about streetbikes or racing classes where displacement is LIMITED. Impressive? Yes. But I (and pretty much anyone here) would rather have more displacement. The vq series engine actually only weighs about 40lbs less (not sure if it is even that much) than the "ancient" LS1 v8 and its derivatives. Hmmmm more power, slightly more weight, tons more potential. And in the automotive world hp/weight is much much much more important than hp/L any day of the week.

I am simply more impressed with 500+hp lsx powered cars getting better MPG than the Nissan engineers imagined in their wet dreams.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

so why havent you bought something newer to race. dont cry about havinng ancient stuff... i just said i like em and its more advanced lol

oh so the newest lsx power plant has push rods correct? dinosaur how? its just American design haha

how about the new gtr? woop all over the pride and joy of the new corvette?
Actually DOHC engines are older than pushrod, they came out in the late 1800s...
And the VQ engine comes in at 391lbs, thats the same as an LS1, not impressive by any means. To top if off the VQ is physically bigger, and more expencive. So please tell me how a bigger, more expencive engine that makes less power and torque at every RPM is some how better?
Well, 350Z owners have already fixed their problem and dumped the boat anchor VQ for a superior engine...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=350z

Quick Reply: stock 350z kills stock ws6