Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

stock 350z kills stock ws6

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at mason Dixon a couple weeks ago and the nismo Z's were running low 13's with average drivers..... and I have seen regular 07 Z's run low 13's as well, it doesnt have to be a nismo....
Old 04-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by C5_vette
thatboyvic ^^^^^ see above...
oh really? i read there were a few state side and werent stroked out... i seen a few vids while searching for stuff for ours... i will see if i can dig them up. pretty cool cars though... stock we ran 14 flat on staggered 18" wheels and tires... pretty beafy meets with an auto... that was bone stock. since then we have done some modifications to the intake, and exhaust, waiting on our plenum intake, built tranny and stall.. should be fun
Old 04-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by OKcruising
Hahaha, it's ok CuNfUzEd.

Speaking which... I've seen your sn on another website. okgmp ?

ps. thatboyvic, confuzed's car is quite fast. understatement.
WAS fast...lol now is the fastest thing on jack stands

his ws6 is slow....
Old 04-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Finite1
The engineering / R&D was done here right? It's considered a domestic automobile right?

There's Honda's built in Ohio. I guess those are domestic then?

so the ws6 does not have any performance upgrades compared to a base model? how about the v6 version? lol dont they have a better intake? suspension? exhaust? arent they offered with other upgrades? like exhaust? ram air? ect? just wondering if i am wrong or not... since its funny... suspension is different from a base model? please prove me wrong. i had a base model camaro and it was not as low as an ss nor did it sound as good... so why if they are ******* the same? does slp have anything to do with it? lol how about a 15hp difference over a a base trans am?
Old 04-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by thatboyvic
oh really? i read there were a few state side and werent stroked out... i seen a few vids while searching for stuff for ours... i will see if i can dig them up. pretty cool cars though... stock we ran 14 flat on staggered 18" wheels and tires... pretty beafy meets with an auto... that was bone stock. since then we have done some modifications to the intake, and exhaust, waiting on our plenum intake, built tranny and stall.. should be fun
nope never heard of any being state side, what shop is doing this work?

14 flat for the new Z is pretty bad, the old ones ran 14's... maybe whoever ran them needs more seat time, with an average driver they are running high-mid 13's.... low 13's with good drivers..... shouldnt be to long before someone gets into high 12's bone stock... people have already hit 13.1 stock
Old 04-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Launching!

nope never heard of any being state side, what shop is doing this work?

14 flat for the new Z is pretty bad, the old ones ran 14's... maybe whoever ran them needs more seat time, with an average driver they are running high-mid 13's.... low 13's with good drivers..... shouldnt be to long before someone gets into high 12's bone stock...
its a 2004 auto z... lol we are doing the installs if thats what you mean
Old 04-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Teching In

its a 2004 auto z... lol we are doing the installs if thats what you mean
ahh you made it sound like you had a new Z that you were running.... yea 14 sounds about right...
Old 04-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Launching!

hell no i wouldnt pay for one of those... i would rather buy a used vette
Old 04-15-2008, 01:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

so the ws6 does not have any performance upgrades compared to a base model? how about the v6 version? lol dont they have a better intake? suspension? exhaust? arent they offered with other upgrades? like exhaust? ram air? ect? just wondering if i am wrong or not... since its funny... suspension is different from a base model? please prove me wrong. i had a base model camaro and it was not as low as an ss nor did it sound as good... so why if they are ******* the same? does slp have anything to do with it? lol how about a 15hp difference over a a base trans am?
ASC built the WS.6 cars, and no, there was no noticeable difference in power. It has a raised air lid, and supposedly better flowing catback exhaust, thats it power-wise. The suspension upgrades were a larger front sway bar, supposedly better shocks (yet still decarbons) and the early LS1 WS.6's got 1LE springs (same ride height as stock, different spring rates).
SLP built the SS Camaros, thats a totally different story.
All LS1 cars make right around 345hp at the fly wheel, no matter if its the base Z28 rated at 310hp, or the WS.6 rated at 325hp.

Last edited by JD_AMG; 04-15-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

i know my ls2 is ancient too lol...
What about it is ancient?
Did you miss my post where I told you DOHC engines are older than pushrod engines?
but japs always make more power with less cubes but never have much tq to get it moving...
And in what way is this impressive?
GM makes more power/torque out of a lighter, physically smaller, less expencive engine.
i have hands on experience with 350z's why? because we are building one...lol i know first hand with out 04 how dog slow they are and how held back they are... it will in no wya come close to my gto... BUT i do love the feel of the car... i feel more in control of that car then any other car i have been it... while its currently only pushing about 295hp to the rear wheels it does come around corners with minimal effort and i always know what to expect. that car never does anything that suprises me because it does what you tell it to do... good cars
This is the way a typical sports car should behave, have you never driven a C5 or C6?
A stock Fbody with good shocks (see Konis) will also behave like this, it will go where you tell it and give lots of feedback while doing so, even on rough roads. No more snap over steer or any surprises, you push it and it stays nice and planted.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Launching!

see thats maybee where me owning base models comes to play. i hated the way they handled and the interior plus the view of the long hood... seemed as though the f bodies was overly sized inside to me... i didnt feel in control or in place... but thats just me... well i always thought the ws6 was a betetr performing platform.. which if you read review ont he ws6 they state slp options were available such as exhaust and what not.. the ws6 alwayss out performed the ss camaro also... the firehawk has no scoops either and no fuctional ram air.. these arent major differences but they are... if you go stock for stock. i know the ls1 is still an ls1 but there are diferences
Old 04-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
What about it is ancient?
it was a joke... but like i said i may have used the wrong word but in theory the pushrod concept is old school and not changed. i know the dohc is also old but the japs do make more power per cubic inch then we do... all i meant
Old 04-15-2008, 02:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

well i always thought the ws6 was a betetr performing platform.. which if you read review ont he ws6 they state slp options were available such as exhaust and what not.. the ws6 alwayss out performed the ss camaro also... the firehawk has no scoops either and no fuctional ram air.. these arent major differences but they are... if you go stock for stock. i know the ls1 is still an ls1 but there are diferences
I would love to see proof that the WS6 outperforms the others

Old 04-15-2008, 02:37 PM
12 Second Club

the only nismo Z that produces 350 HP is the NISMO Type 380RS ( which has been stroked out to a 3.8 liter) and is only for sale in Japan...
Just what I thought/heard.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
I would love to see proof that the WS6 outperforms the others

+1. And what is different about the Camaro SS that makes it rated so much higher than the others? Marketing ploy from SLP? I know the suspension is slighly different and the cosmetics. It must be the lid?

but the japs do make more power per cubic inch then we do... all i meant
This argument has happened like 10000x times before. Do you feel validated now that your said that? What is your point (hidden import love)? In fact, what was the point of this thread? I swear it was about a drag race. This dude discussing every other scenario and his personal feelings towards 350z.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Launching!

yeah i swayed off the original topic lol.. yeah i do enjoy imports from time to time... they are fun no biggie. lol its fun to get you guys going and get all wild... hahaha made my day. thanks for the enjoyment.

drag racing like i said the new 350z will give a ws6 a decent run out the hole... plain and simple. everyone else started venturing off topic so i went right along with it... who gives a flying **** this whole site is off topic most of the time
Old 04-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Finite1
+1. And what is different about the Camaro SS that makes it rated so much higher than the others? Marketing ploy from SLP? I know the suspension is slighly different and the cosmetics. It must be the lid?

This argument has happened like 10000x times before. Do you feel validated now that your said that? What is your point (hidden import love)? In fact, what was the point of this thread? I swear it was about a drag race. This dude discussing every other scenario and his personal feelings towards 350z.
and no need to get your panties in a wad man... i know it sucks to be slow... get some more parts and you wont even worry about 350z's... what do youhave now? a lid and exhaust lol funny
Old 04-15-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

350Z's are slow. Did I mention that my stock 15 year-old daily driver has beat a few of them and even kept up with a single turbo G35? Pssshh.

I love stirring the pot.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

and no need to get your panties in a wad man... i know it sucks to be slow... get some more parts and you wont even worry about 350z's... what do youhave now? a lid and exhaust lol funny

My **** is plenty big with/without a car. I could ride the bus and be content.

BTW, I raced a 06 nismo 350z from 70-95 pulling, then from 70-135 and put many lengths on same guy.. Talked to him afterwards, so it was legit.

I'm WORRIED about 350z's... *shiver* *shiver* Cause thats how I spend my days, worrying about the next mans car.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Launching!

lol good kill man. just dont take everything to heart.. i get on here and bullshit. it helps me pass my time at work.. lol keep your **** off the web and in yo girl..... thats how i do it hahahahaha

Quick Reply: stock 350z kills stock ws6