Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 B4C vs. Cobra clone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 08:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Ermm.. how can you be 'bone stock' and still use the term 'EXCEPT'???

"I'm a virgin, except for the 1 time I had sex"
if some timing and firmed shifts = modded; then I'm modded.

I think it is more like this though.....

"I'm a virgin, except for the blow job I got."

Why are you pulling up a dying thread to get on to me b/c I said except?????

I say bone stock because no physical part whatsoever has been changed. Pretty concrete. If I say tuned or some tuning with nothing else attached to it then it is quite abstract. My description of my mods COULD have been better worded. But who cares besides you?

I guess I have to say modded with tuning now because I broke some law and said except........ Are you the MOD police?

Last edited by Lickeyman; 04-24-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Anything that deviates from the way it left the factory makes it not stock. It's the fact that people seem to struggle with basic concepts which makes me post. The reason no one believes anything F-Body owners say is because of crap like this. The mustang guys are constantly on us because everytime they race some F-body owner the F-Body guy claims his car is stock when it's not.

FWIW your 'retort' "I'm a virgin, except for the blow job I got." would only be valid if you assume virgin applies to the entity as a whole. (in which case it would still be true!)... Since virgin is associated with penetration and modded is associated with 'anything not stock' your example has no merit.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:24 PM
TECH Regular

Anything that deviates from the way it left the factory makes it not stock. It's the fact that people seem to struggle with basic concepts which makes me post. The reason no one believes anything F-Body owners say is because of crap like this. The mustang guys are constantly on us because everytime they race some F-body owner the F-Body guy claims his car is stock when it's not.

FWIW your 'retort' "I'm a virgin, except for the blow job I got." would only be valid if you assume virgin applies to the entity as a whole. (in which case it would still be true!)... Since virgin is associated with penetration and modded is associated with 'anything not stock' your example has no merit.
How about penetration = physical part

I'm just saying dude there really was no reason to bug me about that. My car is (was) stock except tuning. If I say Tuned that is too broad. If I say Tuning that is also too broad. My description is the most accurate possible. Still running the POS airlid and paperfilter even.

With all the ricer "Tuners" out there that say their car is "tuned" I would have thought everybody here would understand why I explain my mod (tuning) that way.

Oh I have some mods now so if anybody asks I would tell them "some free mods"

I don't give a rat's *** what mustang guys think just like I doubt they care WTF I think
Old 04-24-2008, 07:38 PM
12 Second Club

Sorry man.. not trying to be a dick..it's just one of those things... if it goes on too long pretty soon we have people with bump sticks claiming to be stock. I guess its the same way for english teachers when they see something used in an odd manner..it just bugs the hell out of them.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry man.. not trying to be a dick..it's just one of those things... if it goes on too long pretty soon we have people with bump sticks claiming to be stock. I guess its the same way for english teachers when they see something used in an odd manner..it just bugs the hell out of them.
I agree with you 100%.

What's wrong with an answer of: Just a tune.

Heck, last time I checked a 'good' tune alone is worth more/better power than several bolt ons.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Banned

Lol the truth is you dont know what he has, you cant jsut assume your gonna pull hard on every stang you pull up next to. Riding in my GFs cousins 91lx i found that out. Everyone we pulled up next to thought they were gonna rape us, they thought he was just a loud mustang, and believe me you can tell its cammed. Once they heard his blow off valve it was already too late lol
Old 04-25-2008, 12:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I agree with you 100%.

What's wrong with an answer of: Just a tune.

Heck, last time I checked a 'good' tune alone is worth more/better power than several bolt ons.

I am not sure on LS1 cars but S197 cars with just tune seem to be dropping 3 tenths and gaining 3+ mph with just a tune. Tune/CAI cars are seeing high 12s and 107~108mph traps!
Old 04-25-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am not sure on LS1 cars but S197 cars with just tune seem to be dropping 3 tenths and gaining 3+ mph with just a tune. Tune/CAI cars are seeing high 12s and 107~108mph traps!
I have a VERY hard time believing only CAI and tune gets high 12s. For the main reason of what we are talking about here.....who says there's really only CAI/tune done to the car that ran 12s? Maybe on a very good track and nice tires and fairly great driver.

CAI/tune would be roughly 275-285 in an S197 (pending). so who knows?
Old 04-25-2008, 12:52 PM
TECH Addict

I have a VERY hard time believing only CAI and tune gets high 12s. For the main reason of what we are talking about here.....who says there's really only CAI/tune done to the car that ran 12s? Maybe on a very good track and nice tires and fairly great driver.

CAI/tune would be roughly 275-285 in an S197 (pending). so who knows?
The stock tune for the S197 is extremely conservative. There have been numerous people clicking off a high 12 pass with CAI/Tune only. With just those two mods the 5 speed cars are putting down 285-29x RWHP.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Banned

I never got to run my car with the tune, i know i made 331rwhp with headers, exhaust and a lid and 354rwhp after the tune. I ran a 12.78 with the 3 bolt ons at 109mph so with the tune i would have hoped i could hit 12.6s. That was on stock size tires
Old 04-25-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
The stock tune for the S197 is extremely conservative. There have been numerous people clicking off a high 12 pass with CAI/Tune only. With just those two mods the 5 speed cars are putting down 285-29x RWHP.
I couldn't recall the exact 'dyno' numbers. I know they run pig rich....and timing helps alot on those cars. The main thing with them, is the powerband and lower redline. IDK, I just can't believe that many people have done it given that is mach area and machs have a much broader power band and higher red.

I think there's more BSing than truth. Dyno's....IDK, they vary. I couldnt' tell you how many people have no idea what SAE vs. others means. They dont' realize they can be fudged.

Maybe I'm jsut in denial though.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Maybe I'm jsut in denial though.
I think this is the best reason
Old 10-10-2008, 11:15 AM
12 Second Club

Well i no this is off subject. But my buddy has a 2000 gt with gears,full exhuast,intake,tuner,mass air etc.. And his car only ran a 13.5 on street tires.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

HOly 6 months old batman.