Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Walked a 944

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walked a 944

I finally got to race my car. I've had it for about a month, and this is my first REAL race in it. It woulda been better without traffic ahead, but it's all good.

Was heading back into work today on 190 East. Saw the guy in a early 90's Porsche 944 at the light and got behind him because both the other lanes had trucks in them. So he takes off from the light, I pull up next to him in 3rd at about 40. I didn't have time to get it into 2nd and he hit it. So I pursued. He got his rear tire to my nose by the time I stepped on it. I reeled him right away and put about 3 cars before I had to let off due to traffic. When I got to my traffic he caught up with me and nodded with a thumbs up, I returned the nod, and he took the next exit. I know he had exhaust, but I don't know if he had anything else. My car get's pretty loud so I couldn't hear if it was a turbo version.

Last edited by 96WS6guy; 04-17-2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Spelling.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice kill!
Old 04-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Teching In

i would hope for the pride of the WS6 that it was a turbo. the NA 944s (and they are all 80's cars), are only around 150hp from the factory. the S model is 186ish hp, and the turbo is about 220hp. modifying a NA 944 is almost entirely worthless as the cars come tuned quite well from the factory. i've had 2 944s, one was the S, the other was the turbo. the turbo was quick once i modified it and gutted it (2600pounds or so, 300hp).

if it was a turbo, it has a few distinctive body features, one is a "batwing" (difuser) below the rear bumper. the other is the front bumper doesn't have the hidious "bumperettes". the front end is less pointy. from there, the "turbo" on the rear of the car is a good indicator too, but sense he was the one who saw your tails, i doubt you had a chance to see his
Old 04-18-2008, 11:50 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by kevind
i would hope for the pride of the WS6 that it was a turbo. the NA 944s (and they are all 80's cars), are only around 150hp from the factory. the S model is 186ish hp, and the turbo is about 220hp. modifying a NA 944 is almost entirely worthless as the cars come tuned quite well from the factory. i've had 2 944s, one was the S, the other was the turbo. the turbo was quick once i modified it and gutted it (2600pounds or so, 300hp).

if it was a turbo, it has a few distinctive body features, one is a "batwing" (difuser) below the rear bumper. the other is the front bumper doesn't have the hidious "bumperettes". the front end is less pointy. from there, the "turbo" on the rear of the car is a good indicator too, but sense he was the one who saw your tails, i doubt you had a chance to see his
x2, except there are a FEW '90s 944s in America