Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bone Stock C6 ZO6 vs Turbo 2J Lexus IS300

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 09:26 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
No doubt. Considering the weight advantage the Z06 has over that Lexus boat, it should have walked all over it had the driver been half decent.
Um... the IS300 weighs ~3250lbs. It's far from a "boat"
Old 04-22-2008, 09:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah the IS300 is very light car and have more power than the Z and the driver in Z is not helping at all.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Addict

No doubt. Considering the weight advantage the Z06 has over that Lexus boat, it should have walked all over it had the driver been half decent.
Aw ****. You're back.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Aw ****. You're back.
Aw damn. You never left.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

Aw damn. You never left.

Why don't you take your domestic nuthugging *** somewhere else? I'm sick and tired of you spewing your obviously extremely biased and brand-blinded bullshit all over the SRK section...
Old 04-22-2008, 11:00 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Um... the IS300 weighs ~3250lbs. It's far from a "boat"
Aw damn. You never left.
No snazzy comeback? I thought you said the IS300 was a "boat?" When in fact, it weighs less than an F-body.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:14 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
^I'd normally agre, but being that it isn't in the US, I don't really care, lol.

Um...I don't think he was calling BS or anything and I don't think he was referring to you when he said that 480 is nmothing to sneeze at. I believe he was referring to to the guy who said it must have more than that. Bring it down a notch.
Thanks for speaking for me on that. You got exactly what I meant.

Originally Posted by venom ws7
Well when he Quoted me I thought he was talking about me
No Harm done.
As stated, I wasn't really speaking directly to you. No harm, no foul. It's all good.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a problem sorry about coming off like that.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:29 AM
Staging Lane

No worries. Just a slight misuse in verbage and bad timing. Nothing a couple civilized car enthusiasts can't get past.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tCTech
It's the middle east, why wouldn't they have nice *** cars? What with those hajji's making all this money off the oil we keep buying from them. Their economy is exploding because of us. A good portion of the population owns some form of an oil feild, it's expected that they be rich.
well said. i saw somewhere on youtube one of them had a silver bmw, not silver the color, but the body panels were actually silver, and the whole crew was standing around in robes and caps and there was like 10 more nice *** cars around.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Banned

I know a couple of guys who just put forged internals in there is300 a new head gasket torqued down hard, slap on a big turbo kit and bolt ons and are running 600+rwhp. The is300 can be a very fast car. Its like a light supra
Old 04-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru
I know a couple of guys who just put forged internals in there is300 a new head gasket torqued down hard, slap on a big turbo kit and bolt ons and are running 600+rwhp. The is300 can be a very fast car. Its like a light supra
You make it sound like a walk in the park. Couple hours work over a few beers

The reality is its extremely costly and often a ton of custom work. For that kind of money and effort you could built a much faster, much nicer car in the first place.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Banned

A ton of custom work, lol, its not any harder then putting a custom kit together for a ls1 or 5.0. That was like i said no work done to the head or valve train, just 5-7k for the internals and then a new head gasket and yes a custom turbo kit. Probably spend around 12-14 grand total for a car that has the potential to run low 10s high 9s and still be very streetable. The drivetrain could hold out for a little while but obviously you would want to replace that as soon as possible. Any high horsepower setup is gonna take work. To some people its not too much money for what they want, a 3300lbs car with 600+rwhp is badass, i dont think the is300s look bad not as good as a T/A but not bad.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Banned

A ton of custom work, lol, its not any harder then putting a custom kit together for a ls1 or 5.0.
Once again, I wouldn't call that easy. Obviously you have no experience putting together or installing a custom turbo kit on any car. Its far from straightforward, you have to know what the hell you are doing or you'll be up the creek fast.

That was like i said no work done to the head or valve train, just 5-7k for the internals and then a new head gasket and yes a custom turbo kit. Probably spend around 12-14 grand total for a car that has the potential to run low 10s high 9s and still be very streetable.
How 10's or 9's?? Where do you get this crap from?? Has any IS300 in history even come close to those numbers?? Doubtful. And "streetable" is a word that gets thrown around way too much by the import crowd, a Toyota 6 cylinder sure as hell isn't going to be streetable if it's running anything close to those times. Not to mention the entire drivetrain would need to be replaced, the transmission, clutch, and rear aren't going to last into the 9's or 10's. Far from it. You underestimate the true cost of making a sedate family sedan into a drag car.

The drivetrain could hold out for a little while but obviously you would want to replace that as soon as possible. Any high horsepower setup is gonna take work. To some people its not too much money for what they want, a 3300lbs car with 600+rwhp is badass, i dont think the is300s look bad not as good as a T/A but not bad.
But the true question at hand is why?? Why waste your hard earned time and money to make a car like that fast, when you could spend half that much money on a car that already designed for going fast?? Sorry, but I don't consider a 600WHP turbo lagging 6 cylinder Lexus "bad ***" whatsoever. It would be nothing more than a dyno queen.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:03 PM
***Repost Police***

Once again, I wouldn't call that easy. Obviously you have no experience putting together or installing a custom turbo kit on any car. Its far from straightforward, you have to know what the hell you are doing or you'll be up the creek fast.

How 10's or 9's?? Where do you get this crap from?? Has any IS300 in history even come close to those numbers?? Doubtful. And "streetable" is a word that gets thrown around way too much by the import crowd, a Toyota 6 cylinder sure as hell isn't going to be streetable if it's running anything close to those times. Not to mention the entire drivetrain would need to be replaced, the transmission, clutch, and rear aren't going to last into the 9's or 10's. Far from it. You underestimate the true cost of making a sedate family sedan into a drag car.

But the true question at hand is why?? Why waste your hard earned time and money to make a car like that fast, when you could spend half that much money on a car that already designed for going fast?? Sorry, but I don't consider a 600WHP turbo lagging 6 cylinder Lexus "bad ***" whatsoever. It would be nothing more than a dyno queen.
Do YOU have firsthand experience building custom turbo kits? And a 600rwhp 2JZwouldn't need some sort of monstrous turbocharger... it would just need a decent-sized single turbo setup. And as far as driveability, 600rwhp is only there when you're at full boost... that's the beauty of boosted cars. They can be very docile under normal driving conditions.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:05 PM
Banned

Once again here comes the dyno queen, lol its all in the setup and yes i do have experience working with custom turbo kits, my GFs cousins 5.0 has a 67trim putting down over 600rwhp that i help put together, and my supra made over 500rwhp and went an 11.09. I have seen 1000rwhp supras run 12s yes because they are only making 1000rwhp for 1000rpms, and i have seen 650rwhp supras run 9.8s at 3700lbs, so a 600rwhp 3300lbs can do 9s. And still be very streetable, you are the one who actually doesnt know what hes talking about. With a boost controller on low boost the car is still very drivable. Go too youtube or streetfire and put in 600hp is300 and i bet you will see them.

Im not saying you cant build an ls1 for less, im just saying your and idiot if you think noone has built a is300 to more than 600rwhp and ran 10s and 9s with them.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Do YOU have firsthand experience building custom turbo kits? And a 600rwhp 2JZwouldn't need some sort of monstrous turbocharger... it would just need a decent-sized single turbo setup. And as far as driveability, 600rwhp is only there when you're at full boost... that's the beauty of boosted cars. They can be very docile under normal driving conditions.
Yes, I do. I've been workeing with my friend who's been assembling a custom turbo kit for his car since November. Little at a time.

Yes, a 3.0L I6 WOULD need a large turbo to hit 600WHP. Its limited by its displacement, its not going to make any power without a ton of air volume being forced through it.

Obviously 600WHP is only there under boost. Thats where the issues begin. Seeing as the engine is built for boost with low compression and short runner manifolds, it has very little power and torque without boost or during normal driving. So basically it drives like a piece of **** until you hit boost, at which point it goes sideways and spins tires and can't hook up. That is absolutely worthless.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Banned

You an idiot, any rwd car with high horsepower is gonna need drag radials, whether that be a 600rwhp is300 or trans am, unless you wanna launch at 1500rpms. My supra with 517rwhp would hit peak boost around 3800rpms redline at 7600, with my drag radials i would launch at 4500-4800rpms, meaning i was already past fully spooled, i would feel almost no lag. Im glad you friend has been putting a turbo kit together since november, all that means is he doesnt have the money to buy all the pieces at once, it doesnt mean it takes a certain amount of time to put one together lol.

So every car with less than 10 to 1 comp ratio drives like **** i guess lol
Old 04-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Banned

You an idiot, any rwd car with high horsepower is gonna need drag radials, whether that be a 600rwhp is300 or trans am, unless you wanna launch at 1500rpms. My supra with 517rwhp would hit peak boost around 3800rpms redline at 7600, with my drag radials i would launch at 4500-4800rpms, meaning i was already past fully spooled, i would feel almost no lag. Im glad you friend has been putting a turbo kit together since november, all that means is he doesnt have the money to buy all the pieces at once, it doesnt mean it takes a certain amount of time to put one together lol.

So every car with less than 10 to 1 comp ratio drives like **** i guess lol
Another clueless ricer joins the LS1Tech import brigade. You've been a member for almost a year and only have 5 posts. That says a lot.

So you can't win your arguement about how awesome your pile of **** Toyota is, so you resort to calling names. Damn, you've convinced everyone now.

Obviously any powerful car is going to need drag radials. Who said it wouldn't?? And you act like peak boost at 3800RPM is some kind of miracle, when in fact that sucks for streetability. It doesn't matter what RPM you launch at, its not going to build any boost until the engine has a load on it, so its just going to fall on its gutless face as soon as you launch it anyway, unless you have a trans brake or 2 step of some sort.

I never said you needed 10:1 compression to make a car driveable, riceboy. I said a low compression, low displacement, gutless 6 cylinder is going to drive like **** until it hits boost. Simple fact.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Obviously any powerful car is going to need drag radials. Who said it wouldn't?? And you act like peak boost at 3800RPM is some kind of miracle, when in fact that sucks for streetability. It doesn't matter what RPM you launch at, its not going to build any boost until the engine has a load on it, so its just going to fall on its gutless face as soon as you launch it anyway, unless you have a trans brake or 2 step of some sort.
If he's launching above where boost comes in then it shouldn't fall on its face. Yo wont build any boost free revving the engine, but right as you begin to slip the clutch you start putting load on the motor. By time you've fully disengaged the clutch you should be at full boost.

I used to launch like this before I had my 2step programmed where I wanted it. It takes a little practice but it's possible to keep it from bogging.

Quick Reply: Bone Stock C6 ZO6 vs Turbo 2J Lexus IS300