Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo RSX-S

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 09:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

psh, of course!

I can't watch video's nor see 99% of pictures b/c of the filter at my work - so the only worthwhile threads in the SRK forum for me are the ones where people bitch at each other for hours on end....
Old 04-26-2008, 09:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Tell US about it. You're one of the import brigade members that cause all the bullshit around here.

Who cares how much boost he was running?? There is a lot more to turbocharging than just boost pressure. A 4 cylinder car could run 30PSI and be slow as ****, or a V8 could run 8PSI and make a ton of power. It DOESN'T MATTER how much boost the ricer said he had, not to mention the entire car is a piece of **** anyway, and not designed for boost in the first place. The 6 speeds in those cars are the ones on the national news that Honda refuses to recall, the sychros and blocker rings are fried in a matter of a couple thousand miles on a brand new car. New Si owners are lining up at dealerships for warranty work, and Honda currently has no fix for the problem except to fully rebuild the trans and put the same shitty components back in. Hondas are not meant for performance, they are meant for economy.
Let's just note that not every single one of their transmissions are having problems with what you mentioned, as well as the other comment. Even after 70k miles, the drivetrain on mine runs flawlessly and has much less problems than my ls1. calling it a piece of **** seems kind of out of place. 200 hp 4 cylinder/M6, very quiet solid interiors, unique styling, they are much nicer than many other cars on the road. I agree running boost on one of these doesn't seem worth the money.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rob98LS1
Let's just note that not every single one of their transmissions are having problems with what you mentioned, as well as the other comment. Even after 70k miles, the drivetrain on mine runs flawlessly and has much less problems than my ls1. calling it a piece of **** seems kind of out of place. 200 hp 4 cylinder/M6, very quiet solid interiors, unique styling, they are much nicer than many other cars on the road. I agree running boost on one of these doesn't seem worth the money.
Well you are the minority then, because its been on the national news recently. The transmissions are garbage, the internals are cheap and wear out quickly, even with the engine's relatively low power.

Funny how you've had more problems with your F-body drivetrain than your RSX-S, maybe it has something do do with which one you beat on more??

Nah, couldn't be.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

Well you are the minority then, because its been on the national news recently. The transmissions are garbage, the internals are cheap and wear out quickly, even with the engine's relatively low power.

Funny how you've had more problems with your F-body drivetrain than your RSX-S, maybe it has something do do with which one you beat on more??

Nah, couldn't be.
If it isn't american, you always got some garbage to post...lol
Old 04-27-2008, 08:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nah, couldn't be.
well that assumption is wrong because I drive my acura harder than I do the camaro. No need for the condescending remarks.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Banned

Whatever happened to that cobalt call out thread? did the reace happen? vids? somebody please fill me in.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob98LS1
lets not even start this war...you have a f-body w/ more problems than your rsx and then some one comes back with "well my rsx has more problems than my f-body"....anecdotal evidence seldom means anything, let's stay objective.

my friend had an rsx-s and his trans worked fine...until it ended up imitating tree bark. either way the trans is shitty now!
Old 04-29-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recall when the first civic I saw hit a 13! It was popping and wheezing and making a ton of noise. This was in the 90's and was somewhat amusing. It blew the transmission up on the 2nd pass. I thought to myself, why?

Couple of weekends ago same thing, watching a stripped out civic wheez and pop and make more noise than ever. It proceded to run a ten something. On its 2nd pass the transmssion blew. Thought to myself, man these guys never learn!

Oh well I digress. If you really want to hear some dillusional crap, hop on one of the Honda sites.

Good kill by the way!

Last edited by TT632; 04-29-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TT632
I recall when the first civic I saw hit a 13! It was popping and wheezing and making a ton of noise. This was in the 90's and was somewhat amusing. It blew the transmission up on the 2nd pass. I thought to myself, why?

Couple of weekends ago same thing, watching a stripped out civic wheez and pop and make more noise than ever. It proceded to run a ten something. On its 2nd pass the transmssion blew. Thought to myself, man these guys never learn!

Oh well I digress. If you really want to here some dillusional crap, hop on one of the Honda sites.

Good kill by the way!
Thats the Japanese way of doing things. Try to make shitty cars with small engines fast. Its retarded.

I was watching a thing on the news the other day about which country is more strange and fucked up, India or Japan. India ended up winning because they found a guy who paints with his tongue using lead paint.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

Thats the Japanese way of doing things. Try to make shitty cars with small engines fast. Its retarded.

I was watching a thing on the news the other day about which country is more strange and fucked up, India or Japan. India ended up winning because they found a guy who paints with his tongue using lead paint.
LOL....that's whacked

Quick Reply: Turbo RSX-S