Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

z28 vs the almighty skyline

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 12:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PowershifterNC
If it was a mustang dyno, they give the lowest #'s which is supposedly more accurate, so if you have 360 on a dynojet and a similar engine and car has 340 on a mustang dyno, chances are you'll get beat in a race
Is a mustang dyno the one with the roller in the floor?? Thats the kind I dyno'ed on. It looked like on of the old emissions dyno's.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Banned

What do the other ones look like lol
Old 04-28-2008, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

I only made 307rwhp, 311rwtq.
I always kept all the paper work and Dyno sheet in the car, just incase people didn't believe me after I beat them in a race.
I wish I would have ran the car on my DRs but never did( I would spin just a little in the 1/4). Time is in my sig.
Good Kill Op.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

nice kill, rare find to.........
Old 04-28-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru
What do the other ones look like lol
I guess they all look like that.....shows you how much I know about them
Old 04-28-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Regular

I really don't see the hype behind the Skyline. The new one coming out is alright I guess but, out of range price wise for the every day plebeian. Good kill reguardless.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Banned

Those blocks are pretty bulliet proof i have seen the RB blocks handle over 1400hp, stock block just everything else was upgraded lol
And the highly exaggerated bullshit claims begin.

1400HP on a stock 6 cylinder

Every ricers wet dream is the Skyline. Bad news folks, its ugly, gutless, sounds like ****, and it isn't even fast in stock form.

Nice kill btw, put those ricers in their place. Probably cost that tool a mint to have that car imported from Japan.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Banned

no i said the block is stock, jsut the block, everything else has been changed, but the RB block can handle 1400hp, same as the 2jz, its jsut dumb to make that much power with them because at that point you have no power band but 600-800rwhp those cars can runs deep into the 9s and 8s. I saw a skylien with 850AWHP run a 8.8 and do 0-200 in 11.something seconds, if you cant give props to that your a moron. BTW 850AWHP is around 950-1000 at the crank on AWD car, so yes the block can handle it with new internals.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:47 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
I really don't see the hype behind the Skyline. The new one coming out is alright I guess but, out of range price wise for the every day plebeian. Good kill reguardless.
Same could be seen for the Z06, and ESPECIALLY the ZR-1. But they're all awesome cars.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Same could be seen for the Z06, and ESPECIALLY the ZR-1. But they're all awesome cars.
Up until the new Japanoturd, its preceeding kind have not come near the C5 ZO6. That is the point I make. So bang for the buck isn't quite there. The new ones are outragously priced but at least compare now to the ZO6.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Banned

True, the only thing they are doin wrong with the skyline is they are chagning what it is. It was a tuner car now the ecu is soo locked down if you change the rims it will throw a code. And i wanna see how much the spec v will be 80-90k i think
Old 04-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Banned

no i said the block is stock, jsut the block, everything else has been changed, but the RB block can handle 1400hp, same as the 2jz, its jsut dumb to make that much power with them because at that point you have no power band but 600-800rwhp those cars can runs deep into the 9s and 8s. I saw a skylien with 850AWHP run a 8.8 and do 0-200 in 11.something seconds, if you cant give props to that your a moron. BTW 850AWHP is around 950-1000 at the crank on AWD car, so yes the block can handle it with new internals.
Yea...and it last all of about 2 passes running that kind of power before something goes wrong.

Getting that kind of power out of a small displacement 6 cylinder is just retarded. It makes for an undriveable and worthless vehicle.

No props from me, I really don't give a **** if you're too ignorant to respect other people's opinions. Just becuase you think its awesome doesn't mean everyone else does, you need to learn to understand not everyone likes rice like you do.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:09 PM
***Repost Police***

And I think what HE is saying, is that just because you don't like or care for something doesn't mean you have to CONSTANTLY talk **** about it. In every single thread that you post in. Every day. We get it.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Banned

And I think what HE is saying, is that just because you don't like or care for something doesn't mean you have to CONSTANTLY talk **** about it. In every single thread that you post in. Every day. We get it.
And all you do is swing on every imports nuts when there is a mere whisper of someone mentioning a japanese product.

In every thread in this section.

Every day. We get it. Shut up.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:11 PM
***Repost Police***

No, I try to weed through all the bullshit that gets posted in here. I do no "swinging." I love all sorts of cars, and I think I've shown that many times.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Banned

No, I try to weed through all the bullshit that gets posted in here. I do no "swinging." I love all sorts of cars, and I think I've shown that many times.
All you do is try to tell people **** that they don't care about. You're full of useless, bullshit, often dead wrong information that nobody wants to hear.

Whenever there is a kill story or someone gives their opinion about not liking some piece of **** car, you come in trying to convince everyone how awesome it is, or if the car had this or that it wouldn't have lost.

Get it through your thick 17 year old skull, nobody cares. You must be extremely obnoxious to deal with in person, I feel sorry for anyone that has to see you on a regular basis in the real world.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Banned

Listen, im not a big skyline fan, the point i was trying to make is if you cant give props to a car that runs a 8.8 and 0-200 in 11.7 seconds then your just and idiot. You cant give props to anything that isnt american your the ignorant one and you make all f-body drivers look like dumbass inbreed rednecks. A fast car is fast car, any high hp setup isnt going to be super reliable, some more than others yes, but once your running 8s even if you have the best of the best parts, **** breaks, even on built LS1 cars.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Banned

Listen, im not a big skyline fan, the point i was trying to make is if you cant give props to a car that runs a 8.8 and 0-200 in 11.7 seconds then your just and idiot. You cant give props to anything that isnt american your the ignorant one and you make all f-body drivers look like dumbass inbreed rednecks. A fast car is fast car, any high hp setup isnt going to be super reliable, some more than others yes, but once your running 8s even if you have the best of the best parts, **** breaks, even on built LS1 cars.
I'm going to make this really ******* clear this time.

If you want to call names, keep going, because thats the fastest ticket out of here.

I don't respect the Skyline or any other Japanese car built to be fast. Why?? Because they have done nothing that someone else hasn't already done. You meant to tell me that there are no American or German cars that run 8.8 second quarter miles and do 0-200MPH in 11.7 seconds?? As if the magical, mystical Skyline is the first to break the 9 second mark.

Whats funny is there are GT500's running low 9's, high 8's on stock internal engines, transmissions, and rear ends. Meaning just Supercharger upgrades, slicks, and bolt ons. And its actually reliable and doesn't blow up after 1 run.

Bottom line is the Japs are always late to the party. And when they show up, they always find some assenine way of doing something somebody else has already done better the first time around. And so they get zero respect from me. If tht bothers you so much that you can't sleep at night, too damn bad. Deal with it.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Banned

I dont have to call you names you proclaim yourself those things everytime you make a post. show me where i once said that the skyline was the first to break 9s, all im saying is have you broken 9s, have you broken out of the 12s? Probably not, all im saying is as far as car owners go there are alot that drive jap cars that are better car owners and drivers than you. I am domestic first and always but there isnt anything wrong with a little variety in the car world. There are plenty of so called jap cars that are just as reliable as your car and faster and still drivable.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Banned

I dont have to call you names you proclaim yourself those things everytime you make a post. show me where i once said that the skyline was the first to break 9s, all im saying is have you broken 9s, have you broken out of the 12s? Probably not, all im saying is as far as car owners go there are alot that drive jap cars that are better car owners and drivers than you. I am domestic first and always but there isnt anything wrong with a little variety in the car world. There are plenty of so called jap cars that are just as reliable as your car and faster and still drivable.
Keep digging the hole.

You are trying to force your opinion on other people. You're saying of they don't respect X or Y car, they are "stupid" or "rednecks" or any sort of other unrelated names you're come up with.

The bottom line is nobody needs to respect or like a car just because its fast. Pound that through your thick skull.

Myself, as many others, don't give two ***** about how great you think some shitty jap car is. Why?? because there will always be another car that can do the same thing or better, all while looking nicer, sounding better, and being more reliable. So a fast skyline is completely irrelevent.

People can drive whatever they want, variety is a good thing. But that doesn't mean anyone needs to respect or like the cars that they drive, people can have their own opinions. I don't like jap cars, period. If you have such a problem with that, then I suggest you seek counseling, because it really shouldn't be bothering you as much as it is.