Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'96 Impala SS vs. '57 Bel Air

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 01:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '96 Impala SS vs. '57 Bel Air

Ok so like everyone I work with were out a couple nights ago after work going to Tomball for that car show they had. Well we had this bad *** Chevy convoy going on. A '66 Chevelle Malibu with a 327, a '69 El Camino 396 SS on a '71 Blazer chassis, a '57 Bel Air with a 400 HP 350, and a '96 Impala SS. Well the guy that owned the Impala really wanted a piece of that '57, but our boss said he would only do it if he got picked on. So the show was over and the other two cars went their own ways. We were following the Bel Air back home when I thought about it. "Hey Mike, we're the only two cars on the road. Lets get him." So we're rolling down 249, creep up beside the '57 and start to jump on it. Our boss has this smile from ear to ear and jumps on it too. So we both get on it from 80 and that Bel Air is drowning out everything, we took it all the way up to 120 and it only pulled like 4 inches on us. I'm positive we would of pulled on him if we went to 140. We went back to the shop and he was like, "So how fast were we going?" "120." "*laughs out loud* Mine said 80" Now all I needed was a camera.
Old 08-04-2003, 02:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: '96 Impala SS vs. '57 Bel Air

Wow, that sounds awesome! I wish I had these awesome races that everybody else has... Nice to hear about another LT1 sometimes, too! Congrats!
Old 08-04-2003, 04:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: '96 Impala SS vs. '57 Bel Air

Tomorrow he's taking his Impala down to Southwest Muffler to get some flows put on it, its gonna come out right before the back wheels with the bowtie tips. I don't think I'm gonna like it, but it aint my money.