Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Evo vs Supra, Cobra, Camaro, Integra, random Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 05:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is what you stated before hand. You said they wont hold up. These cars are holding up. I have a buddy who beats the hell out of his and is in the 650 range and has had no issues for two years.
Your bias goes beyond common sense man. I can't stand the sound, looks, or anything about the cars really. But they can be built to hold up.
Agreed, I don't understand his logic but whatever.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is what you stated before hand. You said they wont hold up. These cars are holding up. I have a buddy who beats the hell out of his and is in the 650 range and has had no issues for two years.
Your bias goes beyond common sense man. I can't stand the sound, looks, or anything about the cars really. But they can be built to hold up.
Wow, so he's the minority then. He's been lucky. Bottom line is the drivetrain on those cars is not that strong, and the majority of the time, if you abuse it, its going to break into a million pieces. Just go on the Evo forums and look around, you'll see.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Regular

True. But lets face reality here bro. You modify anything for power and keep the supporting cast stock, you will have issues. Our trannys suck ***** once power is added. Espesially the 4L60E turd. Our rears suck worse than gay ****.
They have thier special set of problems as do we. That is why you have to build the supprting cast to take the power you put through it. I see your points and agree with some. But you are only listing the cons without seeing the way that they can turn them into pros very easily.
You had a fit earlier about someone raging our handling. You then went on to state that it is a easy problem to fix. It is the same arguement for them. Just two sides to the same coin.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Banned

True. But lets face reality here bro. You modify anything for power and keep the supporting cast stock, you will have issues. Our trannys suck ***** once power is added. Espesially the 4L60E turd. Our rears suck worse than gay ****.
They have thier special set of problems as do we. That is why you have to build the supprting cast to take the power you put through it. I see your points and agree with some. But you are only listing the cons without seeing the way that they can turn them into pros very easily.
You had a fit earlier about someone raging our handling. You then went on to state that it is a easy problem to fix. It is the same arguement for them. Just two sides to the same coin.
You're trying to make it appear as if its a level playing field when its not. First of all, we have a version of the best 6 speed transmission ever produced, save for the new Tremec TR6060 which has superceded the T56. The stock shift forks and blocker rings are not the best, but they will still handle just about anything you can throw at them. How often to do hear of a T56 grenading?? Its extremely rare, and when it does happen, 99% of the time its driver error. Not only that, but when the trans does get worn out, you can get it rebuild to bulletproof specs for a very reasonble price.

Compare this to the Evo transmission. Subpar design in the first place (Mitsubishi, expect nothing better) that often grenades and becomes inoperable when driven in performance manner. And when it does break, its a complete bitch to get it out of the car, and will costs you thousands to get rebuilt or replaced. Same with the transfer case, so you get double the bill when one gives out and takes the other one with it. The 6 speeds are especially shitty, they blow out on a regular basis. The new Evo X is so shitty that they are having problems with them already, owners are complaining of grinding going into 2nd and 3rd gear. Mind you this is on brand new, non-abused vehicles with less than 1,000 miles on them.

Same thing with the rear. the 10 bolt lasts most people deep into the 12's, 11's with an auto. If it breaks, they are a dime a dozen. Or you could just get a 9" and have a bulletproof rear that will take anything you can throw at it for $2500. Staged axles alone for an Evo would be over a grand, figure in the front and rear differentials and you've probably exceeded the value of the car.

As for the handling I mentioned, thats not a defect or poor design, its just that our cars aren't set up for handling from the factory. A few hundred dollars in minor upgrades easily address that shortcoming.

My point is some cars are mod friendly and some aren't. You can upgrade every component in an F-body to be bulletproof without breaking the bank. Thats simply not possible with an AWD economy car that was never designed for going fast in the first place.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:39 PM
KB
13 Second Truck Club

Dang I feel super rich being able to afford all these broken (or soon to be rather) parts on my car.

Too bad I'm not.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Regular

I have DESTROYED several T56's and one was "Bullet proof" if there is any such thing. At lower HP driver error has some play in it. As soon as you put any power,especially N2O, the T56 does not fare well on stickies. I have some NASTY pics of holes in the case you could stick your thumbs in.
Cost does not matter when it comes to racing. People mod to thier budget and do it to what they perfer. As for thier transfer case going out......that is part of thier game, I could care less. AWD has its hazzards. Mitsu products lack in quality, I agree. But, it could be said about certain aspects of any car in the low end plebeian type cars. People just like different things. Me I like the manly roar of a cammed out stroker V8. Some guys like that pissed off hornet in a tin can sound. Why? It defies comprehenion.
But that doesn't mean we should bash on people for having a different way of doing the same thing we all want to do if they are doing it right.
Ricers deserve to be kicked in the *****. Guys who have truely fast imports and show respect deserve to be treated the same. ROBDEVO came on here with nothing but respect and you clowned his ****. Clown the guy that comes on here talking ****. There are plenty of'em man. God knows I have dug into quite a few and enjoyed it.

END OF RANT
Old 05-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Banned

I have DESTROYED several T56's and one was "Bullet proof" if there is any such thing. At lower HP driver error has some play in it. As soon as you put any power,especially N2O, the T56 does not fare well on stickies. I have some NASTY pics of holes in the case you could stick your thumbs in.
Cost does not matter when it comes to racing. People mod to thier budget and do it to what they perfer. As for thier transfer case going out......that is part of thier game, I could care less. AWD has its hazzards. Mitsu products lack in quality, I agree. But, it could be said about certain aspects of any car in the low end plebeian type cars. People just like different things. Me I like the manly roar of a cammed out stroker V8. Some guys like that pissed off hornet in a tin can sound. Why? It defies comprehenion.
But that doesn't mean we should bash on people for having a different way of doing the same thing we all want to do if they are doing it right.
Ricers deserve to be kicked in the *****. Guys who have truely fast imports and show respect deserve to be treated the same. ROBDEVO came on here with nothing but respect and you clowned his ****. Clown the guy that comes on here talking ****. There are plenty of'em man. God knows I have dug into quite a few and enjoyed it.

END OF RANT
Obviously there is some serious driver error going on if you've destroyed several T56's. Sixspeedsinc runs 9's with their built T56 F-body, and there is vid on Youtube of a 1700HP twin turbo Viper running 8's with a STOCK Viper-spec T56.

I don't show ricers (Robdevo) any respect becase they don't deserve any respect. You waste your money making a piece of **** like that try and go fast, and then you have the nerve to come on an LS1 forum and try and brag about your pile of crap ricer?? Sorry, I don't agree with that ****, take it back to your ricer forum, maybe someone over there will care to hear your fart can buzzing in their ear.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

LOL at driver error. Have you ever actually driven anything fast dude? Yeah those guys have thier trannies taking that kind of abuse. They also have the luxury of taking them out and freshening them up. After hard use eventually you will get little spider cracks in your gears and the heat and cool cycles of the car will weaken the metal.
After a season of hard driving and high RPM clutch dumps, **** gives out. 5k clutch dump with a large shot of nitrous does not keep longevity in anything drive trane wise. I have snapped 12bolt axles. I guess that would be driver error. You have a habit of pointing out what other people do. What have you done? You never have answered me on what times you are running. What mods so you have?

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Obviously there is some serious driver error going on if you've destroyed several T56's. Sixspeedsinc runs 9's with their built T56 F-body, and there is vid on Youtube of a 1700HP twin turbo Viper running 8's with a STOCK Viper-spec T56.

I don't show ricers (Robdevo) any respect becase they don't deserve any respect. You waste your money making a piece of **** like that try and go fast, and then you have the nerve to come on an LS1 forum and try and brag about your pile of crap ricer?? Sorry, I don't agree with that ****, take it back to your ricer forum, maybe someone over there will care to hear your fart can buzzing in their ear.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

What have you done? You never have answered me on what times you are running. What mods so you have?
After all the **** he talks, I firmly believe he's a freshman in HS with no car and if it is its some beat up piece of **** Civic or Camry.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
After all the **** he talks, I firmly believe he's a freshman in HS with no car and if it is its some beat up piece of **** Civic or Camry.
Yeah no ****! I have read his posts and he offers NOTHING constructive. You try and be patient with him but he doesn't have any respect.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Sixspeedinc's car is a faceplated monster of a tranny and for a while had 5th and 6th removed, they put them back in fairly recently, that tranny is very well maintained and by that I mean it is removed and freshened regularly. I don't know for sure but I'd be willing to bet that it comes out at least every 100 passes and is gone through. The Viper is living on borrowed time and will be paying a visit to sixspeedinc to get it rebuilt. I would be willing to bet that by stock they mean it is a T56 that came in the car but has been strengthened probably a lot. You can keep talking but I really just think you are doing it for attention after you use Google to get your info. Maybe you should try actually know what you are talking about. Do I really like Japanese imports no, do I bash them without mercy only if the owner is an idiot. Give it a rest everyone is sick of it. As I said I am not a huge fan of imports but if the guy is cool and really likes all cars then why bash him? You have avoided everything else I have said and asked so I don't expect you to answer this either. BTW what times are you running?
Old 05-01-2008, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

The 6 speeds are especially shitty, they blow out on a regular basis. The new Evo X is so shitty that they are having problems with them already, owners are complaining of grinding going into 2nd and 3rd gear. Mind you this is on brand new, non-abused vehicles with less than 1,000 miles on them.

As for the handling I mentioned, thats not a defect or poor design, its just that our cars aren't set up for handling from the factory. A few hundred dollars in minor upgrades easily address that shortcoming.
Same transmission issue can go for the G8, where new owners complain about not being able to go into 2nd; new cars come with kinks that need to be worked out, just as do nearly 95% of new items.

Our cars aren't set up for handling from the factory, while Evos aren't set up for drag from the factory. Just because said car isn't made to do something doesn't mean it can't do it...
Old 05-01-2008, 11:03 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah no ****! I have read his posts and he offers NOTHING constructive. You try and be patient with him but he doesn't have any respect.
The only reason I even try is because I have two little brothers a lot like him and I have built up a sort of retard immunity.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think all those cars were really nice. With the exeption of the Integra, I just don't like FWD cars. It looked like it was done right though. Cars like the EVO and STI's are incredibly versatile. You can set them up to handle and they still do well on the strip because of AWD. Need to go to the grocery store with the Misses and the kids, no problem. Want a fast car that does everything well? They are great cars and yes the durability of them definately leaves a little to be desired but as stated earlier when you start going that fast you end up replacing everything anyways. I like fast cars plain and simple. I don't like the "ricer attitude" so to speak but as long as their cool its all good with me.

I've owned a WRX if anyone is wondering where I'm getting my opinions from. I broke the Trans twice. If I had built it right the first time then it wouldn't have broke the 2nd time. But it is what it is. It was still a great car and I miss it sometimes.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

A forged LSx, built 4L80E, and a Ford 9" are what is generally referred to as bulletproof.
Those cars are in no way, shape, or form anything close to stock. Every component has been upgraded, cryotreated gears, probably dog box transmission, staged axles, no expense spared.
hypocrisy?
Old 05-02-2008, 07:46 AM
TECH Regular

What the hell is your problem??
you mainly...
Old 05-02-2008, 08:10 AM
Teching In

Well this has turned into an interesting thread to say the least. My intentions by posting my video certainly were not to say "hey look at me, I'm bad *** and i can beat all domestics out there". To be quite honest, the only reason you don't see more imports in the video, is because most of the faster cars around where I live are all domestics.

Ricer mentality can be taken from both sides, and by the way ONEBADASSWS6 talks, it seems to me he has fallen into the very category he claims he hates. (being a ricer)

I do have to say though, I do appreciate the respect that most people have on here. I am the type of person, that even though I may not like something, or agree with how something was done, that doesn't mean I cannot appreciate its nature. (IE different paths to make horsepower)

Although I really do like the sound of a heavily built, stroked, V8.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 05-02-2008, 12:57 PM
TECH Regular

^^^One question? Which one of those guys is ONEBADASSWS6? I say it's the one on the right.LOL
Old 05-02-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^One question? Which one of those guys is ONEBADASSWS6? I say it's the one on the right.LOL
That's not him, could be this guy though