Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

07 or 08 Legacy vs. 95 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 07 or 08 Legacy vs. 95 Z28

I was cruisin' on my home from the bank, and just as I was thinking to myself "man nobody ever wants to run", I see a nice black Subaru ahead. After looking at it I realized it was a Legacy. So I go to pass him and end up getting stuck behind a car at the light ahead. When the light hits green I hear his turbo and he takes off. So I jump the gun and switch lanes thinking that I'm never going to make up the 2 car lead he just pulled...But as soon as I got over and laid the pedal down I stopped his pull. Then second gear came and I started to pull back up. Into third next and I'm still pulling, I hear his car trying hard and I'm giving it my all. I pass him somewhere in third and let off around 110 due to another red light. We pull up to the light and the driver says, "Man, is that an LS1?" I replied, "Na, its a LT1" He says "nice". I return the gesture and he turn off to another road and I continue on my way home.
Not the best story but, I haven't raced anything in a long time. It felt good.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:24 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good race... they're high 13s cars stock, and trap 96-97mph from what I've seen, so it's no surprise that you beat him. And I'm sure that stall and CAI helped a bit as well
Old 05-07-2008, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. Yah, I've never ran one before and the stall is probably the thing that let me win. Before I had that, the car was a dog from a stop or low roll cause I have 2.73's still.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

since when did legacys get a turbo....man I need to get out more
Old 05-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Banned

Lol, legacy GT is a 2.5 turbo, slightly smaller turbo and intercooler than the STI. Mine wth a dp/up and tune ran a 13.67. Its pretty good for a DD

nice win, from a roll the car is lacking but with a stal you still would have won IMO
Old 05-08-2008, 01:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Good race... they're high 13s cars stock, and trap 96-97mph from what I've seen, so it's no surprise that you beat him. And I'm sure that stall and CAI helped a bit as well
they are nice cars just watch out with some more minor upgrades they can be quite beastly