Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

my 02ssvs04 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008 | 01:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
ask a ricer any real ricer, it doesnt matter if u win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning...LOL...
fixed it for ya, vin
Old 05-22-2008 | 01:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=camarojunky74;9408872]16 year old kid in a civic,

.Thems fighting words. LOL I have a civic, and I will race you. And take your money
Old 05-22-2008 | 02:06 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Good kill. Be real though, a pullied Cobra can easliy trap 115-121 (unknown pulley) and a lid/CB LS1 will run 108-112 but hey, you won that one. Power is easy to come by, drivers are not. Thats racing.
being honest here, probably the best thing ive heard come out of someones mouth in a long time. that right there is the truth.
Old 05-22-2008 | 02:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ABQ99TA
Good kill D mod is always the best mod.
agreed+1
Originally Posted by DoggyB22
haha good kill fast camaro. but my neck HURTS! from that video.... did they know it was sideways???
yeah thats what took so long to get it, he kept trying to flip it somehow, i explained to him in the nicest way possible, ill watch it upside down just get me the vid, so yeah i knew but it works lol

Originally Posted by clonedws6
Thems fighting words. LOL I have a civic, and I will race you. And take your money
bro. those are not fighting words its the truth, and thats why its a stereo type, kinda like f body's and mullets, you aint gonna live it down i dont care if the ******* car runs 9's.

secondly. who know's you may have a really fast car, mine is stock, so its not going to take much hp in that little bucket to pass my car at the strip, i welcome all challengers thou. win or lose im just here for a good time.
Old 05-22-2008 | 02:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Definitely anything can happen on the street, but of course even the diehard GM guys can concede that with those mods the Cobra was the faster car. You were just the faster driver
This about sums it up, no need for everyone to call B.S.
Old 05-22-2008 | 08:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SilverTAWS602
fixed it for ya, vin
LOL..thanks dude
Old 05-22-2008 | 09:28 AM
On The Tree

So what is trying to be said here? The race isn't truly legit because the Cobra should have one? Is the race about the pride of the car or the owner and driver of the car? I would never consider giving the honor to the car. The honor goes to the driver in any race; regardless of reason, regardless of capability. I think the SS won totally because the car is able to be driven to it's full potential. If the same could be said about the Cobra, then the Cobra driver most likely would have one. Don't they have IRS suspensions? I know my Vette sucked at hooking at low speeds due to that, at least on stock tires anyways. That could result in a more challenging car to drive, too.
Old 05-22-2008 | 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
ask a racer any real racer, it doesnt matter if u win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning...LOL...
man this is the quote of the thread, thats great.

good kill op.
Old 05-22-2008 | 01:35 PM
On The Tree

It's getting really old hearing 'his car is faster but you out drove him'.

WELL NO ****...IT'S CALLED RACING.

Dan
Old 05-22-2008 | 04:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
agreed+1

yeah thats what took so long to get it, he kept trying to flip it somehow, i explained to him in the nicest way possible, ill watch it upside down just get me the vid, so yeah i knew but it works lol

bro. those are not fighting words its the truth, and thats why its a stereo type, kinda like f body's and mullets, you aint gonna live it down i dont care if the ******* car runs 9's.

secondly. who know's you may have a really fast car, mine is stock, so its not going to take much hp in that little bucket to pass my car at the strip, i welcome all challengers thou. win or lose im just here for a good time.

True that. Honda owners get a bad name from all the F&F movies and douchey body kit havers.
Old 05-22-2008 | 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fueledpassion
So what is trying to be said here? The race isn't truly legit because the Cobra should have one? Is the race about the pride of the car or the owner and driver of the car? I would never consider giving the honor to the car. The honor goes to the driver in any race; regardless of reason, regardless of capability. I think the SS won totally because the car is able to be driven to it's full potential. If the same could be said about the Cobra, then the Cobra driver most likely would have one. Don't they have IRS suspensions? I know my Vette sucked at hooking at low speeds due to that, at least on stock tires anyways. That could result in a more challenging car to drive, too.
This is all true, that which you say. The results of the race cannot be disputed, as they are right there on video. And I'm glad that alot of you GM guys have taken time acknowledge that a good driver can beat big power any day on the street. Because remember......it works both ways. I can promise you that if I posted up a couple of my LSx kills the same number of BS flags would rise from the GM ranks as there was from the Ford guys in this thread.

Cars with more power lose to lesser powered cars all the time because of the driver mod. I can atest to this from experience, which is why I give the OP total props on his win.
Old 05-22-2008 | 04:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
This is all true, that which you say. The results of the race cannot be disputed, as they are right there on video. And I'm glad that alot of you GM guys have taken time acknowledge that a good driver can beat big power any day on the street. Because remember......it works both ways. I can promise you that if I posted up a couple of my LSx kills the same number of BS flags would rise from the GM ranks as there was from the Ford guys in this thread.

Cars with more power lose to lesser powered cars all the time because of the driver mod. I can atest to this from experience, which is why I give the OP total props on his win.

i agree 100%, and thanks,
Old 05-22-2008 | 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good kill. But... J/K
Old 05-22-2008 | 06:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by hurley_21_07
It's getting really old hearing 'his car is faster but you out drove him'.

WELL NO ****...IT'S CALLED RACING.

Dan
+1 !!
Old 05-22-2008 | 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

nice kill man
Old 05-22-2008 | 09:49 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds like something you'd see at a movie. All you needed was Vin Diesel in the
passenger seat, saying "Smoke 'em" when you were next to the Ferrari!
Old 05-22-2008 | 11:37 PM
10 Second Club

Wink

Hey L, dang man, i hadn't seen the video till today, even if it sideways, yeah Great Kill over that mudstang.................are u going on the cruz Monday? i'll see u Fri for the baby juice install.....l like to eatup snakes......
Old 05-23-2008 | 12:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good kill. Sounds like someone needs a rematch to clear things up.

You won that 'race' but ****, come on man. That's not really proving anything as far as any race. All i see in that vid is like a clip of some BS race which anything could have gone down at the beginning.

So i'm gonna be that (other) guy, except I drive a camaro.
Yea i got my flame suit on too.

Old 05-23-2008 | 12:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by geovett
Hey L, dang man, i hadn't seen the video till today, even if it sideways, yeah Great Kill over that mudstang.................are u going on the cruz Monday? i'll see u Fri for the baby juice install.....l like to eatup snakes......
Nice lookin ride.
Old 05-23-2008 | 12:35 AM
Teching In

at least you wont get 94VortechGT talking **** to you in here. Nice kill by the way. A lot of people think the cobras are untouchable and there not.