Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I used to have a perfect record undefeated.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 01:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I used to have a perfect record undefeated.

I lost to three mustangs 88 body style nice machines the first race
him 306 spraying 200 shot from 2nd gear. I walked him til third gear. Remember i rev to 7k shift at 6800. My syncros are going. I could not catch 3rd. He blew past me as I banged 3rd 4 times before getting it in then I almost walked him down. He blew two pistons on that run and is now rebuilding the motor.

2nd race
88 body mustang with a 347 stroker. I destroyed him til third and it would not let me in EVER even after the race i had to cut the car off to get it to work again.

3rd race
88 body mustang that was a lot faster than the first. I left wwwaaaayyy to late. He took me by 3 cars out of the whole. (He got me with a mind game) I gained 1.5 on him by the end of the race but I made third gear. I have to pause for a half second before getting into third.

I should have won all three races. But did not and yes I have excuses but...
I will be back. I did not have my cutout open and I have bad timing issues even with that I still should have won both races. The cars in the 2nd and 3rd usually spray 2 stage 150/300 shot but of course not when racing me. Everyone was on Nittos.
If I had someone to look at my timing tables I should be a bit stronger even though I was strong enough for all three of those races.
Everyone was good sports and only one of them will offer a rematch.
BTW I won 6 races but I should have won 9.
I just had to vent.

These guys race all the time and usually talk trash about chevy (all just fun shot talkin) so any of you strong guys out there nearby let me know we have 2 ls1s and 1 lt1 and one VERY fast vette. We could use about two more quick cars in the group. Florence/Darlington SC is the location we will be racing EVERY weekend,
BTW the asp pulley DOES HELP so dont leave home without one.
Old 08-10-2003, 06:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: I used to have a perfect record undefeated.

Forget all of the excuses, once you get the **** fixed, hand them their asses! Everything will come together soon enough, just work hard and be patient! Good luck!
Old 08-11-2003, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: I used to have a perfect record undefeated.

We race this week and I WONT miss third I will crunch it to pieces first. Trust me when I say its not so bad loosing to the last guy. His car runs REALLY good. Though I cant possibly beat him head up with his gas it feels good to know I can take him on motor and trust me I WILL. I will be back to post the results (good or bad)