Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ricer ownage by the Po Po

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ricer ownage by the Po Po

I was out last night on regular patrol (I'm a Police Officer) and while coming down the middle of town I hear a loud fart can sounding off in the distance. I slow down to look around and spot a 97 Honda Prelude in the parking lot of a local gas station. I sat and watched as he spun his tires out of the parking lot and onto Cunningham Street.

Chase is on! I rolled up behind him as he entered onto I55 north bound and through on the blue lights. Ran his 10-27/28 info... few priors nothing serious. While talking with the driver I notice 4 beer bottles and 1 beer can sitting behind the passenger seat 1 still half full with beer.

Anyone had anything to drink tonight? Nope they both replied. Can I get someone to pass me that beer behind the passenger seat. They did... still cold? Hmmmm nobody has been drinking and yet the beer is still cold? We proceeded to talk until i got a call from dispatch saying the guy I pulled over was the brother of one of our dispatchers.

At that point (for professional courtesy reasons) i wasn't going to write a ticket so I asked about his car. This is where the RICER begins. He proceeded to tell me that his basically stock Prelude S runs 98mph through the 1/8th. Really? I tell him that would mean he has an 11sec car in the 1/4. He explains he beat a turbo del sol (wow those are crazy fast) @ the track. I told him that would mean his Prelude (i own one too) is faster than a vette. He looked at me and without flinching said... Yeah i guess so!

His mod list: intake and catback rolling on 18in wheels and also had lambo doors. Had the dispatcher not called I would've added two more to the arrest list last night and had a laugh watching the car get towed away.

Moral: don't be a ricer and don't show off when you've got 5 beers in the car!
Old 06-01-2008, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So because "they know someone" they get to do whatever they want. Spin tires, drinking and driving ect...

Sounds about right
Old 06-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

The driver wasn't intoxicated based on my observations and passed his FST... the passenger was. Yeah because they know someone they got off. You act like this doesn't happen in other situations. I bet if you knew me and got pulled over you'd call me trying to take care of your ticket.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Resident

I got pulled over on my way home from work cause i was going fast from a light, i had just smoked a little weed with some people from work. He smelt it, i told him i had. He was cool about it just explained some things to me and kinda put some faith into cops that they r not just out to bust you for the little stuff, he talked about my car and now when i see him he gives me a thumbs up even if i'm speeding lol. That cop actually made me think about what i was doing, and have since stopped... Not like that jackass OPP 4 years ago that said i was a dealer cause i had 2 grams on me, who just made me mad.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StealthV8
I got pulled over on my way home from work cause i was going fast from a light, i had just smoked a little weed with some people from work. He smelt it, i told him i had. He was cool about it just explained some things to me and kinda put some faith into cops that they r not just out to bust you for the little stuff, he talked about my car and now when i see him he gives me a thumbs up even if i'm speeding lol. That cop actually made me think about what i was doing, and have since stopped... Not like that jackass OPP 4 years ago that said i was a dealer cause i had 2 grams on me, who just made me mad.

Kids, drugs are bad.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Weed is the debul!!!!!
Old 06-01-2008, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know it happens in other situations. That doesn't mean it is right. I just hate the way cops work. I know a few of them and they are hypocrites IMO.

You are correct in that I don't know you. I just have a general dislike for traffic cops. Almost every one of them I've delt with have been total ********. I can just imagine them letting someone like that go then giving me a ticket for going 6mph over the speed limit on a deserted strait streach of road at 3am as I'm trying to come home from college. Or writing me a ticket for my windows being a little to dark, my exhaust a little to loud ect. Hell I had one almost take me to jail one time for underage drinking because someone kicked a beer box up under my truck. I hadn't drink a drop but after smelling of my breath he went off on me about drinking and driving and threated to "take me in". Then there was the times I needed them and... yeah big help they were

I'll drop this before I get in trouble. I have yet to meet a cop that I liked.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Launching!

Default 50 with the 5.0

He got real lucky!! Lol!
Old 06-01-2008, 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Black01M6SS
So because "they know someone" they get to do whatever they want. Spin tires, drinking and driving ect...

Sounds about right
Agreed, cops are suppose to enforce the law not be above it.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro
Agreed, cops are suppose to enforce the law not be above it.

If you were a cop, and the dispacher told you the kid you pulled over was his brother, would you go ahead and take him in for a DUI, and cite him for every ticket? Or would you... Do as the OP did, and upon checking to see if he had been drinking, find that he hadn't, go ahead and let him off with a warning?

Try to think in terms of real world situations, him letting a kid off is hardly the OP thinking he is above the law.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Launching!

Well, what would have been bad if say an hour later that kid is drunk and runs someone over and seriously hurts them or kills them. I can see letting a kid off for spinning tires, loud exhaust, etc. Drinking and driving is different.

Last edited by TransFan; 06-01-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Launching!

Also you didn't own them. You let them off.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Banned

I take it from the 10 codes you mentioned that your a california officer...

Where ya work? PM me if you like..

And yes, when in a situation that you shouldnt be in, professional courtesy is a great thing to be on the receiving end of.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SVTHuh
I take it from the 10 codes you mentioned that your a california officer...

Where ya work? PM me if you like..

And yes, when in a situation that you shouldnt be in, professional courtesy is a great thing to be on the receiving end of.
I work in Mississippi...... had the driver killed someone later on that evening after my traffic stop I would've been liable. I did let him off cuz his infractions weren't that serious. Should I arrest the guy with the cammed LS1 that leaves his house around 9pm every saturday to head to the track that violates the noise ordinance? No! The dispatcher while talking to me over the radio was also on the phone with the driver telling him to go str8 home. I also notified his parents (as I usually do when their kids drink) that he should be arriving shortly and will be in for the night. Had he been drunk or even slighly impaired he would've went to jail. Like I said he passed his FST's so i'm not going to write a spinning your tires citation.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

i had a cop pull me over for tinted windows and told me to either peal it off in front of him or he would right me a ticket for $250. i pealed it off.when i went to the local police department to have them show me the local tint laws and like half the cops personal cars in the back lot were tinted 2X as dark as mine were. i have a feelin that like 90% of cops when they are off duty speed or have tinted windows ect. and when they get pulled over they flash a badge and are let free.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Launching!

[ Had the dispatcher not called I would've added two more to the arrest list last night and had a laugh watching the car get towed away.

[/QUOTE]

What were you gonna arrest them for then?
Old 06-01-2008, 11:35 PM
TECH Resident

Old 06-01-2008, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2000SS1979
Kids, drugs are bad.
MMMMkaYYYYY!........
Old 06-01-2008, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TransFan
[ Had the dispatcher not called I would've added two more to the arrest list last night and had a laugh watching the car get towed away.
What were you gonna arrest them for then?[/QUOTE]

driving with an open alcoholic container is a misdemeanor. even the bottle is empty... you SHOULD get arrested.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

Default Chill out guys

OWES NOES another thread that involves a cop turns into a cop bashing thread . I had a undercover cop pull me over for boiling tires in my dads restraunt parking lot that was alot like you. He basicly told me that he knew I was young and that he had done that a bunch when he was a kid. I also found out that he ran at the local dirt car track in talledega. He let me off with a warning and told me to not to be doing stuff like that in a crowded parking lot. So cops can be cool guys, and don't be mad because the cops always seem to be on "your" case. So lets all have a beer.