Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Duelling ricers go down.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 12:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duelling ricers go down.....

I am happily crusining when I see 2 late model Honda Accord V6 coupes go by side by side in the other direction. I don't know what possessed me but I hung a U turn to check it out. One had a 2 toned wild *** paint job and the other one was totally blacked out....both had Altezzas and all the standard ricer paraphenelia. And of course, since they were V6s, they had the hugest duelling fart cans. I have never seen them this big and two of them to boot. If you liked the F&F, you would love these things.....they were hideous. As usual, at the mere sight of my car they start performing typical RAM(Ricer Avoidance Manuevers). I finally get up next to one at about a 30mph roll....he is revving at me. We have a little room. He goes and I go and it is over very quickly....top of second and multiple cars. He does get up next to me all smiles and a big thumbs up...cool. I get next to his buddy at a light. There are 2 lanes and he is NOT in the turn lane. The light goes green and he takes off and I hit it and it is over very quickly and of course he does the turn off. I could have just let it go at that but I started thinking. He originally was planning on going straight by his lane choice at the light but did the gay turn off. Anyway, I mustered what ricer mentality I could by observation of their behavior and tried to guess where these dudes were going. I get to a probable street and turn away from my destination in hopes of running into these guys on a better street. I hit the next light and get into the left turn lane and have to get into another left turn(effectively making a Uturn since there was none). As I am sitting there what do I see. I had these guys nailed. They go by and my light turns green. Man I am giddy about my prognostication. I just pace and hope the next light is red....YES. Three lanes wide and three cars wide. The light goes green. I let them get out on me and by the middle of second, I hammer it and go by and keep gaining speed(lots of road ahead with no entrances or exits). They did get up next to me and gave a big thumbs up and one of the dudes had a slightly distraught look on his face. Not even close. You always hear about the money/value of performance. But dayum, those V6 coupes aren't cheap to begin with and they had all kinds of ****(money) in it. I don't know what possesses people to put so much money into something that looks like that and is not really fast. Anyway, sorry for the length I just had to share since these dudes(cars) were straight out of the movie.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Duelling ricers go down.....

man... try coming to shitty jersey. Every other damn car is an 80's Camry or Accord, with fart cans, terrible paint jobs, and the works. I swear, we have the least respectable imports in the world. At least the guys in Cali have ricers that aren't falling apart. The ones here are complete trash.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:26 AM
TECH Addict

At least the guys in Cali have ricers that aren't falling apart. The ones here are complete trash.
LOL...I so know what you mean. Chicago is about half and half with alright ricers and crappy ricers. I always see guys driving around with body kits on that are just primered and look like crap.

The other day my buddy and I took his ws6 to this place where lots of ricers, bikes, and muscle hang out and as we are cruising through the parking lot, I see what looks to be a red ford probe with a primered body kit installed. The rear end was higher then front end and he was parked diagonally across a handicap spot with his red underbody neons on. He had the left hand on the steering wheel and was leaning towards the middle console and was looking out the drivers side window and tried giving my buddy and I the meanest looking look in the world, but it didnt work because we just started laughing. Now you know what I mean by crap.

Mike
Old 08-12-2003, 09:27 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rice sucks. Nice slaughters. I like the RAM comment.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:03 AM
TECH Veteran

At least the guys in Cali have ricers that aren't falling apart. The ones here are complete trash.
same way here in Phoenix....

99% are all trash/falling apart/not even painted.....every few months (thats right MONTHS) I'll see one "nice" ricer that I can actually say "that guy did a good job on that" (keeping in mind what it is....).....
Old 08-12-2003, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

John, I'm starting to think your a bully... making a u-turn to go after a couple of 6 bangers?
Old 08-12-2003, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

camaro kid is right. every once in a while i'll see a F&F ricer but its mostly rotted out corpses of cars with fart cans and wings.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

Yes ricers are ugly and annoyin but whats more ugly and annoying is DOMESTIC RICE(mustangs and lss1's turned into rice)
Old 08-12-2003, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

Old 08-12-2003, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

03mach1 I agree, I've seen some pony cars before that are riced out and it makes me sick, but then again so was Eleanor in Gone in 60 Seconds, I mean it had a body kit and fog lights and some other stuff yet it was bad as hell.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

TRUE but that car was just sick, atleast it wasnt a riced out body kit with aluminum wing painted neon green
Old 08-12-2003, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

Haha yeah I don't see how anyone would drive a ricer car, but that's just my opinion.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

Ya and they can do it to some of the nicest cars. Theres a group of 99+ vettes over here that have aluminum wings and all that other bullshit
Old 08-12-2003, 07:35 PM
Teching In

TRUE but that car was just sick, atleast it wasnt a riced out body kit with aluminum wing painted neon green
Old 08-13-2003, 12:39 AM
TECH Resident

oh no, if the vette has the aluminum wing, its not "rice", they call it "SCCA Style"
Old 08-13-2003, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

Eleanor was probably THE ugliest fastback Mustang I'd ever seen. I've owned 4 old fastbacks, and I love 'em. Great lines is what makes them classics, and all Eleanor did was trash it up.

Eleanor
Old 08-13-2003, 05:01 PM
Teching In

eleanor was the baddest car in that whole movie ...i think
Old 08-13-2003, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Eleanor was probably THE ugliest fastback Mustang I'd ever seen. I've owned 4 old fastbacks, and I love 'em. Great lines is what makes them classics, and all Eleanor did was trash it up.

Eleanor
UGLY?!? that car was beautiful
Old 08-13-2003, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

Did I hear someone use "alright" and "ricer" in the same sentence?

Chicago is about half and half with alright ricers and crappy ricers.
Omg, omg!!!!11 I did! Shame on you...

(heh, jk man.)
Old 08-13-2003, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i thought eleanor was bad as hell also...but what do i know