Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bonestock 01 Z28 VS. Lightly modded 04 STi.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bonestock 01 Z28 VS. Lightly modded 04 STi.

Hey guys, figured i would post up a lose.

Anyhow, went to a local car meet for a couple hours today and had a good time, well me and my friend left following another friend in an 01 T/A. Anyway a guy from a local site, and the meet, came flying up behind us catching up real quick and stayed behind me and then slowed so i proceeded to slow as well. At around 35 he asks whats a good speed for me and i tell him 55. Well at 50 he gives 3 honks, well, my reaction time is WAY off. I go WOT at the 3rd honk and hes already in front about half a car. Well from 50 to 100 or so he pulls 2 1/2 cars.

It was fun none the less. The guy is extremely nice and a VERY VERY good driver. He can drive that thing perfectly. Anyway his mods are Turbo Back Exhaust, Tanabe Drop Springs, K&N Filter, and "Stage 2 Map on the computer".

Pretty quick car. Anyway im BONE STOCK. Anyway, no excuses but my reaction time needed to be alot better. I gave him half a car, haha. Anyway it was fun and i didnt take it to hard considering hes a good driver, and im bone stock.

Sorry for the long post. - Zack
Old 06-01-2008, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Also i was hauling some LT1 rims wrapped in some perty big ET Streets out back and a 6' 200 lb passenger.

What sort of things can i do to get better throttle response, and make things alot closer for the next meet? He'll be probably be the same mods cuz of his warranty. I may be ordering a K&N Filter, SLP Lid, and SLP Smooth Bellows sometime next week or so. I know this wont close the gap to much, but it will help, as will throwing on some stock z28 rims out back. Give me your thoughts.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lid, port your t.b., etc. Really won't see much difference til u do headers, tune, etc.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rsodeputy61
Lid, port your t.b., etc. Really won't see much difference til u do headers, tune, etc.
Im thinking of just keeping the cash and spending it on TSP's new headers and runnin open headers for a bit. Then after ORY, ill go lid, bellows, and 3.73's, tune. But i think i'll just mod slowly but surely, not cutting any corners. More mods will flow in once i re-finance though!
Mods to come are as follows:

-SLP Lid
-SLP Smooth Bellows
-K&N Filter
-TSP L/T's
-TSP ORY
-Motive 3.73's
-Tune.

Ill carry on from there later, haha.

Last edited by LS1_K1DD; 06-01-2008 at 10:27 PM.