Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

WHY???? I dont understand people sometimes

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008 | 03:24 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
My buddy also told me the older skylines and supras are dirt cheap. The equivalent to about the price of an F-body over here.
Even cheaper, in '03 I bought a stock '86 TT Supra for $500. I think it is hard to get rid of cars over there.

And Skylines are a common car in Japan. They have 4-door versions and station wagon versions. Only a few of them are very sporty. Plus my buddy had a '92 or a '93 Skyline GTS-t (R32 turbo coupe) and I raced him about a quarter mile with a '91 305 Camaro RS and they finished almost side by side. I wasn't really that impressed with them.

The funny thing is that all the Koreans thought my crappy 305 RS was the coolest ****. I guess it was the only thing that sounded worth a damn on the island, everyone knew when I was driving up.
Old 06-17-2008 | 07:08 AM
Launching!

yeah i looked at an r34 gtr with about 27k clicks on it and they wanted 14k, as for evos there are a few out here but none that have been modded im sure up north were they get alot of snow they are everywhere, but the new gtr's are pretty sick although no one around here is modding them anytime soon. btw the japanese have a nice habbit for cars once they are about 10years old they are worthless so a gtr to most people here is kinda like the f-body in the states. One more thing i have seen a few ls1 f-bods sell for more than some nice *** GTR's.
Old 06-17-2008 | 09:27 AM
11 Second Club

So Jester, you from Grand Forks or just stuck up there at the moment? I'd imagine there isn't much competition for the Cobra up there...
Old 06-17-2008 | 04:41 PM
Banned

I know many folks don't like me taking about old history, but. In the last decade I sold Nissan. The dealer was agressive and offered Nismo parts. We had some faster than normal vehicles. These are heavy cars most are less then 300 hp. Why in the hell do you guys waste your time and fuel racing them? They will go over 100 mph - wow! The 350's are all V6's Again why in the hell do you guys waste your time and fuel racing them?

Do you ever just let anything pass you, on the highway, without a reaction? Recently, several Moderators felt I was an angry person. The only place it's imprtant not to allow other vehicle to pass you is a race track.

If your answer is No. No one ever beats me. PM me, I've got a high paying job selling GM vehicles. I get a 1,000.00 for every cracker hired.

Jakes Dad
Old 06-17-2008 | 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
I know many folks don't like me taking about old history, but. In the last decade I sold Nissan. The dealer was agressive and offered Nismo parts. We had some faster than normal vehicles. These are heavy cars most are less then 300 hp. Why in the hell do you guys waste your time and fuel racing them? They will go over 100 mph - wow! The 350's are all V6's Again why in the hell do you guys waste your time and fuel racing them?

Do you ever just let anything pass you, on the highway, without a reaction? Recently, several Moderators felt I was an angry person. The only place it's imprtant not to allow other vehicle to pass you is a race track.

If your answer is No. No one ever beats me. PM me, I've got a high paying job selling GM vehicles. I get a 1,000.00 for every cracker hired.

Jakes Dad
well it was not a waste of time since it helped me get there faster and i did not stay in it for a long time so i burned less then a dollar of gas i would imagine. I think it is worth having one under my belt for that and showing my buddy how my car pulls in third and 4th.
Old 06-17-2008 | 08:18 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah the ol' "let's race through traffic" bit is big here in SoCal. I will never get how people think it's ok to GRAVELY endanger other people's lives like that. It makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever!!

I have had 350Z's, a Ferrari, bmw's, porsche's, civic's, etc. all pull that routine on me. I don't even bother. What's the point?
Old 06-17-2008 | 11:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LrngCrv
So Jester, you from Grand Forks or just stuck up there at the moment? I'd imagine there isn't much competition for the Cobra up there...
i was up there for 6 years and now i am in japan. there were a few cars up there that could take my cobra, not many but a few there is a t/a on here who beat me everytime although i did beat him in his iroc alot so we are kinda even. the guy i sold it to is a domestic ricer sooo it wont be too long before that car is fucked up.
Old 06-17-2008 | 11:55 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad

Jakes Dad
They're not much against a modded LS1, but if you haven't noticed they're getting QUITE respectable these days
Old 06-18-2008 | 02:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just got passed today by a blown 05+ f150 i think it was a saleen. He passed me on the outside of a turn crossing a double yellow line in the process. The curve was totally blind and i am sure he would have killed someone had he hit them. I wanted to call the cops sooooo bad. He was by far worse then the guy in the 350z.
Old 06-18-2008 | 02:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
They're not much against a modded LS1, but if you haven't noticed they're getting QUITE respectable these days
I respect the 350Z. I've never been able to get one out of the 12's. The 240 was perhaps the best. It was such a new product at the time.

I don't like Street Racing............ Many, surely no one at LS1 Tech ever races anyone they don't think will beat them. That's why I posted..

Jakes Dad
Old 06-21-2008 | 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

i race because its fun. some people kill other peopel because its fun. some people play baseball or do puzzles because its fun. dont judge.