Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me vs gen I camaro w/ cammed 396

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 06:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Me vs gen I camaro w/ cammed 396

Wish I had a video. This mint green Camaro with drag radials, 4.56 gears (found that out later), and a cammed 396 gets me to race him from a roll. We start out like 10 mph and believe it or not it was neck and neck the entire time. He would have had me if he wasn't spinning up a storm at the top of every gear. Talked to him after all that, real nice guy... kinda surprised to find out all I had done was a lid and short throw but hey its all good.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

Thats strange with his mods I thought he would kill you from low roll.

But good race I would sell the car if after all those mods I didnt beat stock LS1.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by venom ws7
Thats strange with his mods I thought he would kill you from low roll.

But good race I would sell the car if after all those mods I didnt beat stock LS1.
Yeah.. I don't get it either. He said it ran a best of 13.2 with a 2.4 short time. So.. its entirely possible I guess?
Old 06-22-2008, 12:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know the feeling...the other day i ran a good friend of mine's 68 camaro. has a 461 big block, ford 9", mini tubbed, etc. we ran from a roll and a dig. i thought he was gonna kill me but by the top of third on both runs i was pullin on him by a car or so. said his is a low to mid 11 sec. car...i think we were both surprised by the outcome. next day he ordered a new main body for his carb. may be a different outcome next time.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by rsodeputy61
i know the feeling...the other day i ran a good friend of mine's 68 camaro. has a 461 big block, ford 9", mini tubbed, etc. we ran from a roll and a dig. i thought he was gonna kill me but by the top of third on both runs i was pullin on him by a car or so. said his is a low to mid 11 sec. car...i think we were both surprised by the outcome. next day he ordered a new main body for his carb. may be a different outcome next time.
It's really strange how these LS1s just pull off incredible feats with very little work. I can sense the jealously from the old school guys. The guy with the camaro earlier today sorta had a "thats all you had?!" look on his face....priceless