Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

70 Mach1 built CJ goes down twice

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 70 Mach1 built CJ goes down twice

I beat a 70 Mach1 built CJ that was brought to the race track on a traier, it was tubbed and when we lined up I could only hear his motor, the Mach1 was bad a$$ to say the least, I was scared sh*itless. Both of us had Auto tranny. It's a 1/8 mi. track

Our launches were almost identical so it wasn't a drivers race, it was a race between a no cam LS1 vs a built CJ. My MT DRs 255 50 16s stuck like glue and we both hooked up bigtime. Of course I had to hook up because the monster I raced was tubbed and had huge tires on it.

I'm scared to death to race this guy who follows me out from the pits to spank my convertible, he looks over at me with his window rolled down and is laughing at me.

My MT DRs are already sticky from two previous races, and when I go to do a burnout I'm only pushing my front end all over the track, these tires are incredible. They were sticking like glue.

We roll up our windows and proceed to the starting line.

Remember this is a street drag 1/8 th. side by side racing, yea door handle to door handle.

The light goes green and we leave at the same time, it was a thing of beauty, no one jumps the gun and the race is on.

We are dead even the whole way down the track no sh*t, I was crapping myself, it was the most incredible race I've ever been in. We didn't know who won. My stepson calls me on my cell and tells me that I beat his A$$

He drives up to me in the pits and says that he wants another try at it, he thinks it's a fluke.

We line up again and we had the same identical race again and I beat him again. He comes up to me in the pits and introduces himself, I tell him my name is Fast Eddie and he gives me all kinds of respect because he got spanked in front of many people by a vert. He then pulls out two time slips from the previous day where he raced his Mach1 on a 1/4 mile track and he ran a 12.5 at Pacific Raceways.

Now whenever he sees me at the track he calls me FAST EDDIE and smiles.

I have these races on a mini dv and would like to get them on a DVD someday to post up. Not sure how to do all of that though.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Banned

Yah, your typical fast looking/sounding Ford that really isnt fast. I went up against a few Mustangs dressed in full drag that looked and sounded that they should rape the **** out of a stockish Camaro and run in the 10's, but only runs in the 12's.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow his big bad race car goes 12.50s? I'm impressed.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:40 AM
11 Second Club

good kill on old american muscle
Old 06-09-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool runs!

Jim
Old 06-09-2008, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for replying guys. That guy and many other people out there were shocked that he got beat by a lowered vert with small tires.

I also spanked an 02 Lightening twice that night, and beat him by inches both times. That guy was also shocked because as he told me before we raced " I have a supercharger" He to wanted a second chance and got owned later in the evening, I took home the trophy from the Ford boys that night in the 7.5 class. I ran a 7.62 and got first place in my bracket.

I was on my game and couldn't lose, took down 2 4th gen vettes because they couldn't drive a stick shift, it was like taking candy from a baby.

I also had a very close race with an intercooled WRX wagon, and that guy called my vert. a sleeper.

What a night I had....flipping never lost once.