Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

some slow vettes in detroit

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 01:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default some slow vettes in detroit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRUv5xLbOiA

the red one was having issues with 1-2 shift... got it all worked out now after replacing a few things..

second race the c5 spun hard and could not catch up..

and this racing was done the right way... no rolls over here..
Old 06-17-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice race. Would've been better during the day but you can't have everything now can ya. Still a good race.

Any info on the mods of each corvette ???
Old 06-17-2008, 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

Nice runs.

WHat mods on each car???
Old 06-17-2008, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

c6 has some stuff and a 175 shot.

c5 has this and that and maybe some spray..

and thats telling to much.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ahh..... does anyone else agree this is probably one of the worst spots ever to race at?

Seriously...i'm a street racing bastard but,...you gotta draw the line somewhere,....atleast on the lines of SAFETY!!

WTF dudes....you got cars racing two wide,....and you got a car or possibly cars coming right at you,...not to mention, the WALL OF CARS AND PEOPLE WATCHING.

You people are going to die,...and it's gonna really really really suck when it happens. I didn't even pay attention to the cars,..I was just looking at the surroundings...... horrible spot dude, horrible.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
ahh..... does anyone else agree this is probably one of the worst spots ever to race at?

Seriously...i'm a street racing bastard but,...you gotta draw the line somewhere,....atleast on the lines of SAFETY!!

WTF dudes....you got cars racing two wide,....and you got a car or possibly cars coming right at you,...not to mention, the WALL OF CARS AND PEOPLE WATCHING.

You people are going to die,...and it's gonna really really really suck when it happens. I didn't even pay attention to the cars,..I was just looking at the surroundings...... horrible spot dude, horrible.
you cant find a spot around here with out the rice following you and lining the walls. that is a know drag spot so the rice all come and line the walls and wait to see the races..

and people have died down there from idiots.. a dumdumdumdum tryed to go around a corner last year at over 120mph i think a couple died.. i was so pissed when that idiot pulled out in front of me.. cause i had that race won.. cause my crap hooked.. i had tons of time to stop though i stayed in it hoping he would get outta the way but he didnt so i let off at the top of second.

you come to detroit.. find a good spot.. and if you ever go back there it will be filled with rice and the walls will be lined. not much to do about it less you go to the burbs where someone innocent could die..

the way i look at it if someone died down there they knew the risk. they came out there at 2-3am when that **** goes down. there is never anyone/car down there that do not know what the deal is..

and personlly i have seen at least 10 near death things on that street.. but not many other places to go.. i just park behind the starting line so when someone loses it they dont smash my ****.

and in some parts of detroit you kinda want that many ppl around so some thugs dont come around the corner and jack your ****.

"edit why does neon Srt 4 say dumdumdumdumdum*
Old 06-18-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Where is that at ??? East side ??
Old 06-18-2008, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Where is that at ??? East side ??
pm sent.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Insanekamel
you cant find a spot around here with out the rice following you and lining the walls. that is a know drag spot so the rice all come and line the walls and wait to see the races..
you come to detroit.. find a good spot.. and if you ever go back there it will be filled with rice and the walls will be lined.
I know it is inevitable, being a major urban center and all, but it is a sad day indeed when the city that is the perceived heart of the U.S. auto industry has that much import ****/fanboieez running around it's confines.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dude, I hear you. I was the victim of a small town growning up but, we drove out west(they still do today)....and the race. I don't know your area,...and I understand about trying to find a "safe" spot. I also feel you on the spots,..when one person leaves,..everyone leaves to jjst to follow...9 times outta 10, it's the rice.

I'm also a believer in what you said about to each his own. Your out there, then you handle yourself,... I agree.

Dude, I am with you.

Justa saying,...thats gotta be one of the worst places I have ever seen. If anybody hear has ever pulled out dead bodies or people dieing,..you'd understand my feeling on this. It's no fun pulling some KID,...out of a car that isn't responding. Then,...being where it is,...everybody is gonna want to take off cause they don't want to get in trouble cause of cops, and the whole racing thing...etc etc.

I hate to sound like a street racing hater,..or some old man or something,...just be careful dude,...that all. That ***** crazy. Anything can happen there.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Dude, I hear you. I was the victim of a small town growning up but, we drove out west(they still do today)....and the race. I don't know your area,...and I understand about trying to find a "safe" spot. I also feel you on the spots,..when one person leaves,..everyone leaves to jjst to follow...9 times outta 10, it's the rice.

I'm also a believer in what you said about to each his own. Your out there, then you handle yourself,... I agree.

Dude, I am with you.

Justa saying,...thats gotta be one of the worst places I have ever seen. If anybody hear has ever pulled out dead bodies or people dieing,..you'd understand my feeling on this. It's no fun pulling some KID,...out of a car that isn't responding. Then,...being where it is,...everybody is gonna want to take off cause they don't want to get in trouble cause of cops, and the whole racing thing...etc etc.

I hate to sound like a street racing hater,..or some old man or something,...just be careful dude,...that all. That ***** crazy. Anything can happen there.
well that spot was good cause of the lack of caring by the local police.. they just drive by and tell you to leave.. well now local police dont go there state police do.. and i got my *** tazed the **** outta after stoping (racing) when i saw there lights.. another person that night ran from them... weeks later came back cops seen his car pulled him over then rammed his car with theirs..

**** got crazy

so i dont go back there in my car anymore...