Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Weird race with my friend's WRX

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 04:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Weird race with my friend's WRX

Well, this isn't your usual race. I guess you'd say it was from a roll. Or a dig. I dunno.

Me and my friend Mike are leaving the diner (yeah, the same one I mentioned in the Lincoln LS kill... we're always there), and he's like "We should race" I told him to go from a roll, because my rear tires are getting bald as hell from the launch practice I've been doing. He refuses to go from a roll, even though he's got the 5-speed and I've got the A4... so he's like "Why don't I just rip it out of the lot, then you follow me and try to pass me?" I was like, ok, if you want.

So he gets at the exit (which leads onto Rt 23) and launches pretty good. I get out pretty good, and start ripping it. Soon enough the boost kicks in, and I blow by him like he wasn't even accelerating. I was kinda surprised at my car, it was feeling exceptionally peppy He headed home, saying "Damn.. it's time for more boost..." heheh.

On the way home I came upon this white LT1 trans am, obviously dropped with big black rims (nice) and a loud exhaust, possibly a cam? I wasn't sure, I couldn't hear it very well over my own exhaust. It was an older guy driving, and he didn't want to go, ARRGHHH That would have been such a fun race. Dammit. I passed up some moron in a super rice Integra, a newer GS-R but it had allllll the gay rice add-ons (aluminum wing, super fart cannon, def at least 5 inches, mad stickers, huge bodykit, etc), and he shook his head no when I asked him if he wanted to go, and didn't look over after that. Oh well.

The race was pretty fun. Once I get some tires, I'll definitely take on my friend's WRX again. He's got a downpipe, CAI, and catback in the mail, so hopefully I'll get a good taste of an AWD launch. This kid can drive, too, so it should be fun... thanks for reading, guys.

Old 08-17-2003, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Weird race with my friend's WRX

Nice kill. Too bad noone else wanted to race you.
Old 08-17-2003, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Weird race with my friend's WRX

Good "come from behind" kill