Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

my camaro SS vs. 333whp GT30R Prelude...VIDEO's

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Savior1974
That was not the outcome I expected... considering your only claiming intake and exhaust...

Maybe you should add a little more to your mod list on the youtube video... if your running a more powerful motor... cause that looks rather...... untrue
He very clearly stated both in this thread (several times), and in his sig that he now has an LS6 engine.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MY CAR HAS A LS6...

I did NOT post up the video...my buddy did. AT the time, he did not know I had a LS6 because i didnt tell anyone, which is why in the video it says bolt on LS1.....
Old 07-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Teching In

I know, I was just saying that it should be added in the youtube video. cause your gonna get alot of people calling BS in the comments on your video. But do what you want.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:43 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 95 Z28
Eh, 333whp in a Honda engine isn't the same as 333 in an LSx. You can't just look at peak numbers. Sure the Honda is lighter (although a Prelude is kind of on the heavier side) but the power curve of the LSx powered car is much better than the Honda. For instance: I ran a B16 turbo (Peakboost turbo kit, good kit) Del Slow last year when I was just bolt ons (110-111 trap car). He made a little over 300whp. So he only made around 30 less hp than me, but I pulled him 1-3 cars from a roll. Good driver, car ran perfect, should have pulled me, but couldn't no matter what speed we went from. The car "felt" faster than mine too when I drove it.
In a car like that, it doesn't really matter what the car makes "under the curve" if you're in the right gear. My S2000 doesn't make **** for power till 6,000rpm+, but that wouldn't matter in a race because there's not really a time when I would be under 6,000rpm.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
In a car like that, it doesn't really matter what the car makes "under the curve" if you're in the right gear. My S2000 doesn't make **** for power till 6,000rpm+, but that wouldn't matter in a race because there's not really a time when I would be under 6,000rpm.
Oh I know the whole "power under the curve" thing is kind of irrelevant. I'm just saying you can't always just look at peak power/weight ratio and expect the one with the better ratio to be a sure winner from a roll. I'd bet money that an LSx car with given power/weight ratio would walk a turbo Honda with the same power/weight ratio in almost every situation. I've killed two turbo B series'd Hondas (turbo B16 Sol, turbo ITR teg) both of which had a better power/weight ratio than me.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:57 PM
***Repost Police***

Let's not forget that driver has a lot to do with it... and it also depends on which Honda. I know my old Integra GS-R came stock with 4.40 gearing, which would NOT be the best gearset for a boosted application. Careful part selection makes a big difference. So yeah, you can't just look at power/weight to decide the winner. Too many other variables.

Edit: And I believe that the Integra Type Rs were 4.57s, which might explain your race with one.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Let's not forget that driver has a lot to do with it... and it also depends on which Honda. I know my old Integra GS-R came stock with 4.40 gearing, which would NOT be the best gearset for a boosted application. Careful part selection makes a big difference. So yeah, you can't just look at power/weight to decide the winner. Too many other variables.

Edit: And I believe that the Integra Type Rs were 4.57s, which might explain your race with one.
Exactly. I agree.

OT/ but the ITR was a built B18C5 with JDM GSR tranny. Not really sure how good of a drivetrain setup is. It's been years since I've been "into" the Honda game and don't really remember much.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:20 PM
***Repost Police***

Had he been N/A, that would have been a pretty cool setup... I'm gonna guess he went to the GS-R tranny for the slightly longer gearing, but he honestly should have done an LS tranny. Would have worked a lot better.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by stevegrizzle
nono, whose dat??
i thought so lol. we raced a few weeks ago at the hudson meet when i was gettin ready to go home. well it wasnt really a good race but he def pulled me pretty hard. you should come up to the hudson meet sometime id like to see your car and maybe get a run in once i get my longtubes n stuff installed
Old 07-04-2008, 08:37 AM
12 Second Club

hahaha what a useless pile of trash, good kill
Old 07-07-2008, 12:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Wow pewter, really wow...
like, oh my god, like.. your on an ls1 site... dont expect people to really give a **** about imports or what their motors are called..
Old 07-07-2008, 01:58 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
like, oh my god, like.. your on an ls1 site... dont expect people to really give a **** about imports or what their motors are called..
Well considering there are no "import" or "domestic" turbochargers, and he was talking about turbochargers from Garrett, which is an American company, I would think he wouldn't get that confused with an engine...