Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Be careful when antagonizing a street race

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008 | 04:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nhraracer
I can confirm this guy isnt a cop for 2 reasons
A) You're not allowed to pursue someone off duty for a misdemeanor (the most you might have been guilty of), in a Civilian vehicle, perform PIT manuevers in a civilian vehicle, or threaten or endanger the innocent civilain populace while off duty by your actions

B)You werent guilty of anything that can be justified in court. Reving your engine does not count as street racing.

He was guilty of more than you were. Reckless driving and maybe Attempted Murder or Assault with a deadly weapon.
HAHAHa, wow what is legal and what happens in small town America are two differant things. think that a cop wont risk his job if you want, i had an off duty cop try to pull me over for passing him going into a contruction zone. pulled up beside me, showed me his badge and tried to pull me over, i laughed and got off the next exit. he followed, tried to run me off the road, swerved infront of me and blocked the road. i went around him on the sidewalk and he got stuck in traffic while i got away. a week later he pulls me over in his cruiser, and ask me what the hell i was thinking. i played dumb as he reinterated the whole story to me and proceeded to tell me if he ever....bla bla bla then let me go cause he pulled me over for no reason.
Old 07-08-2008 | 04:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nhraracer
I can confirm this guy isnt a cop for 2 reasons
A) You're not allowed to pursue someone off duty for a misdemeanor (the most you might have been guilty of), in a Civilian vehicle, perform PIT manuevers in a civilian vehicle, or threaten or endanger the innocent civilain populace while off duty by your actions

B)You werent guilty of anything that can be justified in court. Reving your engine does not count as street racing.

He was guilty of more than you were. Reckless driving and maybe Attempted Murder or Assault with a deadly weapon.
I ran my friends evo from a light coming into town and I hooked good and passed him around 50 and pulled and let out at 85. But anyway a Off Duty cop just happened to be right be hind us and my friend jess turned off. While still laughing cause jess said I would never hang from a dig I notice a car right on my *** so I slowly speed up and notice a older crown vic behind me but no lights,no cop, so Im like WTFand make a u turn a proceed to start hauling *** and get stuck at a light and then this off duty comes running out of his car screaming at me to pull off and turn the car off and get out. It was a very strange to say the least.
Old 07-08-2008 | 06:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

i had a similar run in with the 5 0, lswon. was quite interesting, i was driving a ford taurus =X
Old 07-08-2008 | 06:43 AM
Coy
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

This thread is awesome. Good read.
Old 07-08-2008 | 12:37 PM
12 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by OKcruising
Always call the cops.

Because it's even funnier when a real cop busts the fake cop (the overwhelming number of times it's some regular person who trumps that he's "offduty" so he can bully you around)

Real cops typically aren't asshats like that because their job would be on the line.
Where I live the 'offduty' cop would just call dispatch, identify himself and have a marked unit come out to find you. This happens more than people know, especially on the Iowa side of the river.
Old 07-15-2008 | 06:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gold98Z28
HAHAHa, wow what is legal and what happens in small town America are two differant things.
It happens in larger towns as well. Some friends of mine lined up one day to see how their car stacked up, did a 50-80 run, nothing big. We get the next exit and this chevy truck comes up all hard on us, on the phone. We pull into a station, and can see him follow, looking all mad. We keep driving, and at the next light, I am turning right, he runs the red, swerves through the intersection, cutting me off (we were turning onto a two lane, he was in the 'through' lane). I am now pissed. I flash my lights, wave at him to pull him over, and speak my mind. He claims he is off-duty, and says I was blocking him from chasing the two 'street racers'. He was rather irate. I kept my cool. He was off-duty, and he had contacted dispatch. I told him we was driving like a mad-man, and his actions were much more endangering to the public than the 'street-racers' he was chasing.
Old 07-15-2008 | 10:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by aaron653
not every state is like california

thank god, **** california...
Old 07-16-2008 | 01:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
When will you guys learn not to mess with Mustangs? You will always get burnt.
Funny **** right there.

Old 07-16-2008 | 02:03 PM
TECH Addict
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by houtex
This is BS.

Prove this happened.
this is stupid and funny!

And good kill to the OP .

You did the right thing, this guy is stupid to bother about a small rev. It happens everyday of your life when you have a sport car. Hes even more stupid if hes a cop cause he would lose his job off duty and get accused on top of that. Plus youre ok because you drive away because you were scared of this guy.
Old 07-16-2008 | 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL @ this thread..
Old 07-16-2008 | 06:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MonsterZ28
I doubt he was a cop, they usually have more class than that.
Class and cop in the same sentence?

Crazy night.
Old 07-16-2008 | 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
thank god, **** california...
Yeah, really. In California they'll probably confiscate your car for a minor street race and then give it to an illegal immigrant.
Old 07-16-2008 | 09:21 PM
TECH Regular

some thing like this happened to me a few weeks ago expect it was a dude in a crappy red jeep who kept tryin to swerve at my car and saying he was gonna beat my ***..entertaining until he barely cut in front of me and slammed the brakes..I was pissed but he decided to turn off were i had gotten stuck in traffic,all started because we changed lanes at the same time lolz pretty nuts
Old 07-16-2008 | 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Yeah, really. In California they'll probably confiscate your car for a minor street race and then give it to an illegal immigrant.
no, in California an illegal immigrant steals your car while you watch (can't even consider pointing a firearm at him, much less using it), then he uses it to run some drugs, he wrecks it and is injured, he sues you and wins, "all your moneys are belong to him", then you go to jail for attempted vehicular manslaughter for not warning him in spanish that your car is capable of speed and "excessive" acceleration

that is CA 101
Old 07-16-2008 | 10:15 PM

^LOL, that is quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever read on here!
Old 07-16-2008 | 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

*tosses a beer your way*
Old 07-16-2008 | 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
no, in California an illegal immigrant steals your car while you watch (can't even consider pointing a firearm at him, much less using it), then he uses it to run some drugs, he wrecks it and is injured, he sues you and wins, "all your moneys are belong to him", then you go to jail for attempted vehicular manslaughter for not warning him in spanish that your car is capable of speed and "excessive" acceleration

that is CA 101
I live in CA.....

And what you wrote is sad but true
Old 07-16-2008 | 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

I now know which thread to visit when i need some good entertainment.
Old 07-16-2008 | 11:57 PM

Damn, that guy musta had his wife banged by a guy who drove a Vette.
Old 07-21-2008 | 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know if it was an off duty cop, swerving the way he did is basically aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in my eyes and of course the typically wreckless driving ticket. I don't think a cop would have been that dumb to pull something like that, unless...
he's John McClain and had to take care of a terrorist crisis and are out of cigarettes!