Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Police Spotting Tips - By State

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORANGE, TX (I-10 TX/LA border) There's always 2 cops either in a grey 4 dr Tundra or a silver 4 dr SRT-10 truck! It's not right!!
Old 07-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here in AZ they have undercover cars with standard plats, if you see any car with uber dark tent especially an chevy SUV mind your p's and q's if you are able to look inside they laptop and laser radar unit are a dead give away. that laser sure is hard to beat btw.

Doesn't matter much here anyways the majority of people don't pay attention people get popped all the time by the 4 year old speed cameras that have a warning sign. and I don't mean new implants people who have lived here a while.

Honestly the cops aren't ***** here in AZ most people who get pulled over deserve it here, doing 95 in a 65 ETC. The one time I was pulled over it was for 58 in a 40 and the cop wrote it up 45 in a 40 (veteran plates paying off I guess) Apparently here in Mesa they are no longer allowed to write a warning.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gaunt
AZ is a lot of crown vics

But there was an undercover silverado I have seen pull a few people over, and it has as large as, or at least as large as 18 inch rims.

Tons of undercover crown vics too, in various neutral colors. See a crown vic, slow the **** down, and wait until you see the "G" on the plate, or the handicap sign.

The problem with AZ though, is that ******** drive decommissioned crown vics, and have all the radio crap and random mirrors still attached, so it's hard to tell sometimes.
Saw a Crown vic with normal plates parked next to me upon further examination sow the lights in the grill and the laser on the dash i was
Old 07-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Launching!

I'll just post what i have seen thats not typical:

Louisiana: Black trans am unmarked that will race you, chargers, mustangs, white camaro with markings

Miss: Black 03/04 cobra, but it does have police markings on the side so...

Alabama: silver ford explorers...
Old 07-08-2008, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chad3113
I'll just post what i have seen thats not typical:

Louisiana: Black trans am unmarked that will race you, chargers, mustangs, white camaro with markings

Miss: Black 03/04 cobra, but it does have police markings on the side so...

Alabama: silver ford explorers...
I'm telling you in alabama its nothing but explorers!
Old 07-08-2008, 11:07 PM
S2K
On The Tree

Location: Bristol, TN/Knoxville, TN/Mooresville, NC/Phoenix, AZ

Originally Posted by MonsterZ28
here's a little tidbit i got talking to a de state trooper, The chargers are v6's but can still run up around 140. That being said, you could make him work for it a little depending on the circumstances
I talked to one a little over a month ago, and he said theirs had the 5.7.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by scottp999
Now I know why I took 155mph speed limiter off. Should be good for about 170-175.
With the drag from the lightbar... no way.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by S2K
I talked to one a little over a month ago, and he said theirs had the 5.7.
my town also has 1 couple chargers. one of them looks like its a v6. female cop drives that car. i talked to a the guy that drives one and he assures me its a v8. i doubt he would pop the hood though.
in illinois i have seen state troopers with a few older mustangs. we have a couple cops in surrounding towns with yukons and suburbans but mostly just the regular crown vics. when i went to hawaii years back i remember seeing a mustang cobra r all done up with the lights and paint. it was at waikiki(spelling) beach.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Staging Lane

Columbus area Ohio almost all are crown vic. all ohio staties are white crown vics. if i do some travelin i hook up the cb radio. it looks like **** on the car but it works much better than just a radar detector. the truckers all talk to each other and in ohio staties are called polar bears *NOTE: magnetic cb anteas dont stay on after 120! haha learned that one from experience
Old 07-09-2008, 09:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
With the drag from the lightbar... no way.
I believe he was referring to his 335i since they are electronically limited at 155. The Hemi Charger 5.7 will only do ~145 ish because of the lightbar like you said.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

No. Ga ... WAY NORTH .. ANY AND ALL HILLS .. and there is allot.. from dalton, ga to the Tn line..

NORTH BOUND

The hill before exit 345

STATE:Likes to sit on Exit 345 and radar as you come under overpass also

They like to hide behind the bridge supports on the inside of the road

Co. they like to sit one of two ways ..
NON-holiday they are on the left hand side standing outside front door with radar..NOTE* PER a Officer i know ( Quote:YOUR RADAR DETECTOR IS WORTH ZERO IN GA..End Quote) He stated that the radar they have in GA is like a gun.. its only active when they pull the trigger .. so if your going to race or speed in ga do it goin UP hill

And Holidays they sit SIDEWAYS ???? on the right hand side... ( forgot to ask why that was)

The hottest spot for tickets in that stretch is the HILL AFTER MILE 350 they are ALWAYS There left side near bottom of the hill again with the gun type radar.. so detectors dont work

SOUTH BOUND

Ga State sometimes sits in a Crack between the GA gardrail and the Tn cement wall ( hard to see) At the Tenn Line

Very Next hill Exit 353 they sit on that hill ( ITs right before the Welcome center for GA)

State: sits up behind the gardrail on the right side ( REAL HARD TO SEE .. i got one of those tickets)

Co. sits on the flat part on the right hand side in a Knotch of the center divider (kinda hard to see)

ALL Ga police use the GUN radar and will stand in the crack of their door truned around shooting behind them or up hill ..

One last thing .. I havesnt seen them do this this year.. they were bad about it last year.. not sure why Some Ga. popo will sit at the top of an exit on the left hand side radaring you as you come under the overpass .. for some reason i alway look even though im speeding and would be caught by then.

I still Look

Hope that helps y'all

Last edited by stockz; 07-09-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well here in Florida mainly in the Gulf breeze there is a F-150 white in color no out side markings. The sun visors flip down to revel lights and the tool box in the back pop up and more lights with the word police across the back.

This one is most likely every where. When traveling on the interstate be on the look out for the bold white lines that span across the two lane. When you run over the first line appox. a 1/4 mile ahead there will be another one. This is a SPEED trap. There is a plane way high in the sky you will never see it. I now this one from experiance. So if you are hauling as* slam on the brakes before you get to the second line.

In Pensacola crossing over nine mile road on USHY29 the FHP they love to hide at the Dave howell tires.
Chargers are also here in threw out the tristate area.
2008 Chevy Impala SS hauls ****
Old 07-09-2008, 12:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RsSean
Well here in Florida mainly in the Gulf breeze there is a F-150 white in color no out side markings. The sun visors flip down to revel lights and the tool box in the back pop up and more lights with the word police across the back.

This one is most likely every where. When traveling on the interstate be on the look out for the bold white lines that span across the two lane. When you run over the first line appox. a 1/4 mile ahead there will be another one. This is a SPEED trap. There is a plane way high in the sky you will never see it. I now this one from experiance. So if you are hauling as* slam on the brakes before you get to the second line.

In Pensacola crossing over nine mile road on USHY29 the FHP they love to hide at the Dave howell tires.
Chargers are also here in threw out the tristate area.
2008 Chevy Impala SS hauls ****
What the ****... that's a little excessive....
Old 07-09-2008, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

VA- The chargers that are on the highway have no badges (charger emblem, goathead,....). The windows are tinted black.
Ha, in the city I live in we have undercover minivans. There is even a local girl cop that trys to get you to race her charger and then bust you. Would realy suck if lost and got a ticket.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PowershifterNC
like many states NC has become impossible to tell who's a cop...I hate undercover

yea its rare to see an o.g. crown vic cop anymore in Charlotte, they are mostly for domestic crimes and murders and ****. the main cars they drive now are unmarked hidden light impala's. they also drive unmarked hidden light malibu's, tahoe's. i've seen a few minivan's but i think those are the fed's. also recently CMPD has aquired a bunch of cars from a street racing bust. including a turbo riced out tinted out 350z, and a 500rwhp t.e.r.m.y.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They have all kinds of cars in VA. It's getting harder and harder to spot. The UC cop cars have plain tags but usually 5% tint. Let me see if I can get a list together here...

Marked:
1. Crown Vics for VA Beach police and Chesapeake
2. Cheaspeake also have the new impalas
3. Charger's for State Troopers (they look badass)
4. Tahoe's and Suburbans for marked K-9s
5. The beach has a few beetles. yea thats right. VW Bug's
6. Expeditions for the SGT's usually

Unmarked (here's where it gets tricky):
1. State Troopers have uc chargers and impalas plain tags. I've seen a bunch of different colors. Black, Blue, Red, Silver, White and most all of them have 5% tint
2. 2-3 LS1 Camaros are in the area.
3. 1-2 LS1 Vettes

Point is be careful. That's all I can come up with now.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gaunt
The problem with AZ though, is that ******** drive decommissioned crown vics, and have all the radio crap and random mirrors still attached, so it's hard to tell sometimes.
dude i totally feel you on that one. you'll be driving down the I-17 and see a black crown vic huge antenna's and all tinted and even says police interceptor, and you slowly creep up on them totally thinking its a cop only to notice there are like 15 small children in the back and the mother and father up front. ( nothing against mexicans, **** my girl of almost two years is one) but the hispanics are usually the ones driving the out of commision cop cars since they goto all the auctions.

i think they should at least make them take off the police interceptor badge because thats like impersonating a police officer.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
dude i totally feel you on that one. you'll be driving down the I-17 and see a black crown vic huge antenna's and all tinted and even says police interceptor, and you slowly creep up on them totally thinking its a cop only to notice there are like 15 small children in the back and the mother and father up front. ( nothing against mexicans, **** my girl of almost two years is one) but the hispanics are usually the ones driving the out of commision cop cars since they goto all the auctions.

i think they should at least make them take off the police interceptor badge because thats like impersonating a police officer.
Well, they are supposed to take off markings and stuff like that, but even with the police insignias and stuff gone, they aren't obligated to take off all the outside cop "gear"

I think the cops knew this, and don't give a **** because it makes people like us think twice about speeding :/
Old 07-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Launching!

OK:

Impala
Crown Vic
Trucks
SUVs
Bikes
a rumored new mustang
Chargers
Caprice

Theres too many to list. Its too damn hardto tell who is who anymore
Old 07-10-2008, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Don't speed on the section on highway 6 between 290 and college station. There is construction, there are always state troopers, and they will get you. They hide very well, so just dont speed through there.

The Sam Houston tollway in Houston never used to be patrolled, but now they are all over it. They are mostly in new impalas. They will sit on the on ramps with their door open with a radar gun and shoot uncoming traffic.

Quick Reply: Police Spotting Tips - By State