99 z28 vs srt8 300c

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AcE XBOX
same infamous srt8 that beat the cobra.
http://salinasracing.com/videos/831c...sconvcobra.wmv
How does he do now that he has 404rwhp with the Jet chip? Not sure if I asked before but is that the same dyno you were on? How did you two do vs. each other before and after mods?

I sent a PM to Rastarajah regarding Saturday 8/2.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

Have a friend that has one. We have yet to race because we never have both cars out at the same time.

I have rode in it. I'm pretty sure it is as fast as mine. We raced a vette and he was on it's *** the whole way to 110
Old 07-25-2008, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

There are stock ones that have run high 12's and low 13's. I work at a Chrysler dealer and can tell you they feel great just driving around, not to mention absolute torque on command. I can't stand an automatic but actually enjoyed driving those cars.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Redlinez
There are stock ones that have run high 12's and low 13's. I work at a Chrysler dealer and can tell you they feel great just driving around, not to mention absolute torque on command. I can't stand an automatic but actually enjoyed driving those cars.
They have some dead-spots though and the downshifts are not immediate. Quirky, but fun.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
How does he do now that he has 404rwhp with the Jet chip? Not sure if I asked before but is that the same dyno you were on? How did you two do vs. each other before and after mods?

I sent a PM to Rastarajah regarding Saturday 8/2.
He got rid of the car and ended up getting a Cobra. Before he got rid of it he installed nitrous on it. He never dynoed it with the bottle though. We were at the same dyno. I did 326 to his 404rwhp. He had a catback, intake, and that shitty chip. Strong car.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:50 AM
Staging Lane

He got rid of the car and ended up getting a Cobra. Before he got rid of it he installed nitrous on it. He never dynoed it with the bottle though. We were at the same dyno. I did 326 to his 404rwhp. He had a catback, intake, and that shitty chip. Strong car.
Interesting. So what is your availability - interested?
Old 07-26-2008, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

Interesting. So what is your availability - interested?
if you come down let me know. Me or rastarajah will run you. Im sure we can have a few more cars come out to have a little fun.

here's a couple of videos you might enjoy

http://salinasracing.com/videos/AcE/srt8guySR.wmv

http://salinasracing.com/videos/831c...rt8burnout.wmv

http://salinasracing.com/videos/XMO/Batlleofsrt8.wmv

http://salinasracing.com/videos/831c...evsbigsrt8.wmv

http://salinasracing.com/videos/rast...srt8round2.wmv
Old 07-27-2008, 02:41 AM
Staging Lane

if you come down let me know. Me or rastarajah will run you. Im sure we can have a few more cars come out to have a little fun.

here's a couple of videos you might enjoy
Rastarajah hasn't responded to my PM. I'll send you one.

Thanks for the vids. 404rwhp with a Jet Chip cracks me up. I would love to get a few pulls on that dyno!
Old 07-27-2008, 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

The only reason i said anything about the shot was because a kid that knows the guy said he was pretty sure he was sparayin a small shot but i wasnt to sure. All in all it was a pretty damn good run and cant wait to do it again once i get my tune
Old 07-27-2008, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fourth the aerodynamic differences between the two are virtually meaningless until over 150mph.
OK, I was right there with you until the statement above, & then you just lost it. Unless you can show that the Cd of the 300c is essentially equal to that of the OP's car, then you're going to have to re-think that one.

I'm building my car with an eye towards at least one event on the Bonneville salt, so aerodynamics has been something I've spent some time & thought on. Consider the following:
"We all know a little about aerodynamics. Stick your hand out of the window of a moving car and you can immediately feel the effects of airflow-lifting your hand up or pushing it down, in addition to moving it backwards. Place your hand perfectly flat in the wind, parallel to the ground, and you should only feel your hand being tugged backwards a little. That tugging force is drag. As you increase the angle your hand makes to the oncoming wind, your hand is forced upwards. This is lift. Decreasing the angle of your hand from the flat position will cause the wind to force it down, hence the term downforce. In both situations, the effects of drag increase because the surface area exposed to the airflow increases." Link
Now, if you can feel this effect at SLOW speeds (say 30 mph) with something as small as your hand, then why on earth would you think that this would have little-to-no effect on vehicles that are dozens of times larger???

I've always understood that aerodynamics begin to have an effect at about 30-35 mph (and that the effect increases by the square of the speed), but if someone can show something that proves that incorrect, I'd be glad to see it...

FWIW, one of my co-workers has an SRT-8/300c, & he's taken me for a couple of rides in it. Fun car, & I could get REALLY accustomed really quickly to all of the toys that he has in it. I think that (when my swap project is complete) I should be able to take him by just a little bit, just due to my car having similar power, but better aero, plenty of suspension mods & about 600 lbs less weight - but we'll see how it works out in the real world...

To the OP - Good kill, & be ready for the next one...
Old 07-28-2008, 12:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by V8Rumble
OK, I was right there with you until the statement above, & then you just lost it. Unless you can show that the Cd of the 300c is essentially equal to that of the OP's car, then you're going to have to re-think that one.

If you can compare the cd and frontal area of both cars, the difference is probably minimal. The cd of an SS for example is .34 and the SRT-8 is .355. SRT-8s have a higher top end and I forgot to mention gearing. The shift to 5th handicaps the Fbody too.

Good luck on your project!

Last edited by Deuuuce; 07-28-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Rastarajah hasn't responded to my PM. I'll send you one.

Thanks for the vids. 404rwhp with a Jet Chip cracks me up. I would love to get a few pulls on that dyno!
You never PM'd me. Let me know when you come down and we will race.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rastarajah
You never PM'd me. Let me know when you come down and we will race.
I checked my mailbox, the one to Ace Xbox wasn't sent either. I'll try again.

Quick Reply: 99 z28 vs srt8 300c