Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got Surprised by a Sleeper!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got Surprised by a Sleeper!!

Its kinda long. Sorry.

Ok so i was out cruising around monday night looking for some action and decided to hop on hwy 18. It was around 7 and the air was cool and the car was running strong. Anyways i see two imports side by side about two miles ahead of me cruisin nice and slow. I decide to speed up and catch them, figuring i would get to see a race. (Or hopefully get in one!) As i close in on them i see the car in the left lane is a copperish right-hand drive Integra Type R and next to it is a grayish blue Hyundai Tiburon GT V-6 (stock looking w/ exhaust).

Well as im coming up onto them i see the Integra slow down and get behind the Tiburon. Im thinking there gonna let me pass then have their fun. As i start to pass them the kid in the Tiburon looks over with a big *** smirk and revs. I kinda laugh cause i have raced these in my old 305 Iroc and usually end up about 4-5 cars ahead. But i was bored so i said what the hell im gonna teach this kid a lesson. He down shifts and I slow to about 50. He honks it off and we hit it. He immediately jumps a car on me and holds it til about 85 to 90 when i start walking past him. The kid actually looked surpirsed when i was going by him. We let off about about 115 and i had about 4 cars on him. I slow down and we both exchange thumbs up and i get off at the next exit.

I was expecting buslengths cause i used to beat these in my old mid-15 sec. Iroc by about the same amount. I dont know what he had done to it but im thinking nitrous cause i didnt hear a turbo. It sure didnt pull like no high 15 second car but it was one hell of a sleeper.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

they always seem surprised lol. WHAT THE HELL did he just pass my supercar?!?!?! LMFAO

this guy in a right hand drive CRX tried messing with me the other day but since i had found out earlier i had a bad head gasket i wasnt trying **** but he was revving like crazy and then hit it lol slow as ****.

but to be honest some of them can surprise us and then we look like the fools with the dumb look on our face lol.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is a local guy around here with a twin screw and a 75 shot on built tiburon GT/v6 whatever lol and he is puttin down about 500 whp. In a roll on its nasty but from a dig even with hookin tires his 60ft is 2.35 I think his 1/8th mile was 8.7 at like 96mph
Old 07-31-2008, 11:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

why would anybody build a Tibueron?... I beat a new one in my stock 95 neon dd.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so he jumps and holds a car on you for a while then gets walked by 4 cars...
sounds like he ran out of bottle pressure.

there's a guy on here with a supercharged tiburon that puts out decent power.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PowershifterNC
why would anybody build a Tibueron?... I beat a new one in my stock 95 neon dd.
why do people build 7-10 years old, crappy rearend, shitty interior, noisy, $8k camaros?
Old 07-31-2008, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by caliswangin916
why do people build 7-10 years old, crappy rearend, shitty interior, noisy, $8k camaros?
this needs to go as my sig
Old 07-31-2008, 11:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

they all have their preferances, let them have what they want who are we to judge other people and their choices(unless its something as retarded as not having the good sense not to do something). but again we choose camaros ford lovers have mustangs and import guys have their slew of sleds to choose from just like mopor lovers have theirs.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

yeah what the hell is wrong with you people

j/k
Old 08-01-2008, 12:17 AM
12 Second Club

thats why im building a mans car...
Old 08-01-2008, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JSmee99T/A
thats why im building a mans car...
well you better go out and get one first
Old 08-01-2008, 08:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

My point is: If you can outrun a new $20G plus car in a 1000 dollar beater w/ 134k miles, why would you build a car like that to further embarrass yourself. We do anything to our crap camaros and we're in the 12's and 11's...even high 10's. Build the hell out of a Tibueron and maybe crack 12's. what's the point?
Old 08-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Launching!

That is their prefrence. They like those cars as much as you love yours. Always been like that and always will be. Good run. Killed one in my moms 03 Cavy 4 door. Poor dude.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

My point is: If you can outrun a new $20G plus car in a 1000 dollar beater w/ 134k miles, why would you build a car like that to further embarrass yourself. We do anything to our crap camaros and we're in the 12's and 11's...even high 10's. Build the hell out of a Tibueron and maybe crack 12's. what's the point?
THE point is .. allot of these "KIDS" as u call them .. Is exactly that KIDS there parents like your parents wanted u to drive a safe economy car, with little repair….

So in review …. HELLO >>PUT THE CRACK PIPE DOWN..
just because all we have when we were kids were chevlles, boss mustangs, chargers, roadrunners, falcons , galaxies ECT.. those car were 1200.00 the most expensive ones were 2900.00 .. every thing changed... DID U ever have insurance on a car when u was 16 ..NO HELL NO .. insurance is a has been a scam since the 70's first time I ever had insurance on a car was in the 90's when our dumb *** fed gov mandated to the states , same as the (STUPID ******* SEAT BELT LAW ) (which should be unconstitutional)

We didn’t have to have it.. tags were 12.00 gas was .98cents(per gal)... so ur saying u would go out and buy you son/daughter a LS1 SS camaro or a Mustang GT ..or hell even a SRT8 ..HELL NO .. that’s why the parents buy Hondas , Toyotas, TIbrions .. cars that get 30 PLUS mpg almost all 4 or 6 cyl.. cars.. THEY(kids ) just like u and I want them to look good and go fast .. so then the parents say sure u can get something to increase ur gas mileage .. ( the kids don’t tell then is NOS) or a turbo kit,, intercharger ect.. so what they run 14-15's ill bet your 70 chevelle stock would ONLY run 13-15 s in an 8th STOCK ..

Its funny how allot of younger ppl on here have no real world experience but run your MOUTH like you do .. but just IMO
Old 08-01-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Regular

Christ, I want some of whatever you had to drink before posting that. Hard to read but I agree. Kids mod what they can afford or what Mom can afford. Lot's of these Ricer kids would love to have a V8 car but can't afford one yet. Some are just into the Sport Import thing while others are true FF wannabes, but those are fairly easy to spot. I don't care who built it as long as it's fast.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

being that the kid was running with a imported type R right hand drive, he may have had the imported korean 4.0 v12 tiburon.

imo i'd much rather mod up a tiburon than a civic or something that every other ricer on the road has a fart pipe and homemade intake on.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stockz
so ur saying u would go out and buy you son/daughter a LS1 SS camaro or a Mustang GT ..or hell even a SRT8 ..HELL NO .. that’s why the parents buy Hondas , Toyotas, TIbrions .. cars that get 30 PLUS mpg almost all 4 or 6 cyl.. cars.. THEY(kids ) just like u and I want them to look good and go fast .. so then the parents say sure u can get something to increase ur gas mileage .. ( the kids don’t tell then is NOS) or a turbo kit,, intercharger ect.. so what they run 14-15's ill bet your 70 chevelle stock would ONLY run 13-15 s in an 8th STOCK ..
agreed. when i was in highschool driving my little sport compact economy car, we knew to avoid fast cars (14's), but we would race our 15-17 second cars religiously. i just wish i had knowledge of nitrous back then.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

THE point is .. allot of these "KIDS" as u call them .. Is exactly that KIDS there parents like your parents wanted u to drive a safe economy car, with little repair….

So in review …. HELLO >>PUT THE CRACK PIPE DOWN..
just because all we have when we were kids were chevlles, boss mustangs, chargers, roadrunners, falcons , galaxies ECT.. those car were 1200.00 the most expensive ones were 2900.00 .. every thing changed... DID U ever have insurance on a car when u was 16 ..NO HELL NO .. insurance is a has been a scam since the 70's first time I ever had insurance on a car was in the 90's when our dumb *** fed gov mandated to the states , same as the (STUPID ******* SEAT BELT LAW ) (which should be unconstitutional)

We didn’t have to have it.. tags were 12.00 gas was .98cents(per gal)... so ur saying u would go out and buy you son/daughter a LS1 SS camaro or a Mustang GT ..or hell even a SRT8 ..HELL NO .. that’s why the parents buy Hondas , Toyotas, TIbrions .. cars that get 30 PLUS mpg almost all 4 or 6 cyl.. cars.. THEY(kids ) just like u and I want them to look good and go fast .. so then the parents say sure u can get something to increase ur gas mileage .. ( the kids don’t tell then is NOS) or a turbo kit,, intercharger ect.. so what they run 14-15's ill bet your 70 chevelle stock would ONLY run 13-15 s in an 8th STOCK ..

Its funny how allot of younger ppl on here have no real world experience but run your MOUTH like you do .. but just IMO
yeaa...you're smoking some good stuff...bet you have Tibueron huh? I hope you feel better now
Old 08-04-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Look at it logically, would you rather start with a 3400-3650lbs car or a 2800-3100lbs car?
Then add in junkyard parts availability and it quickly shows that you can make one of these little turds move along pretty good for pennies on the dollar compared to what we spend to knock two seconds off of our stock ET's.
If you are some kid in HS with a crap part time job and some mechanical ability, you may want to go as fast and sound as cool as a domestic V8. That would be the champagne dream, when the reality is the sub-compact import beer budget.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:25 PM
11 Second Club

wow...to what end will you guys defend buying a piece of crap. Hi Yoon Day has yet to remotely impress me with anything but I will humbly digress since no one else seems to share my opinion