Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got 3 runs this passed week....

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got 3 runs this passed week....

Ill make these as short as possible....

1st run was with an 05+ 6.0 GTO. Roll race from 40 to about 70 to 80. Very short race. I get beside him and hit it a bit, he bites. So were set, we both hit it and he jumps ahead by about maybe a couple inches or so. I gain it back pretty quickly though, then he hits the brakes and turns into my lane as there was a car ahead in his lane. Ill give it a draw, since he had a reason to hit the brakes lol Good to see how good these GTO's run, have been wondering this for awhile. I guess its true, the added weight they have holds them back, even if there rated at 400HP.

2nd was against a Single Cab Chevy. Mods unknown, possibly Cammed... Is what my friend has said. Anothe roll race, from 40 to 90. Did a couple runs against him. 1st, we hit it and i pulled on him pretty good. Got about half a car length before i let off. 2nd, we hit and this time he held his own for a bit. Stuck beside me for a few before i began pulling on him again. He does have bolt on's just unsure what exactly. He's got the gauge pod & etc. He needs a good shot of Nitrous and he'll be set. If it is cammed then somethings wrong, im sure it would run awhole lot better then that. Nice looking truck though

3rd was against my friends Single Cab Dodge Ram "Rumble Bee" 5.7L Hemi Magnum. Mods: Gutted Cats & Dumped Exhaust. More roll races here...No 3honks, he doesnt try that with me lol We hit it the 1st few times and im just pulling on him easy. The last run was the best, we hit it and he caught me in a weak spot. So he pulled on me pretty good, got about less then half a car length ahead but i start pulling him in quickly and end up flying right by him. Im right around 100 at this point and i end up with a car length on him again before i shut it down.

P.S. Friends Rumble Bee spanked the Single Cab Chevy. So may very well not be "cammed" unless it's just a weak cam??? or just not properly modded.
Good races overall.