Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Sometimes you just have to do it

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008 | 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Sometimes you just have to do it

Well i was bored last night so i decide to cruise around, as i am getting on to the freeway i see a 2 door accord that appears to be lowered and has what apperas to be a 5" diesel exhaust. So as we are getting up to speed i hear him floor it so i just left it in 5th and punched it, and he pulled me a little bit up till about 90 where we stopped.

Then i get up next to him in 3rd this time at about 65 and he has this big old grin on his face, kinda like thats right i just pulled you. So i let him take the hit and and then i go wot and put several lenghs on him by the time i let off at the top of third. It was funny because i could hear his throttle body spacer whistleing and it got quieter and quieter as i was pulling him more and more. Well thats it, nothing special but just fun to mess around with.

Last edited by 180ls1; 08-22-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-22-2008 | 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

never gets old
Old 08-22-2008 | 01:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

you gave him false hope and crushed him..thats funny but what if he would have actually been fast? It makes you wonder sometimes. IE A local has a riced out Integra that looks like you might have to get out and push, but when he takes off the turbo spools and surprises you

My point--don't have one...I would have done the same thing..lol
Old 08-22-2008 | 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Haha when are ricers guna Learn we have TWICE the cylinders and that they're a waste of our gas!
Old 08-22-2008 | 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

You know he's going to tell all his buddies, "Yea I pulled a 'camaro to 100, but then 2nd time around he knew he couldnt hang engine to engine, so he sprayed at least a 250 shot on me."
Old 08-22-2008 | 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

i had a guy in a honda talkin smack to me one night at a local meet, it was me and about 7 other cars and we chose to hang out at the beach near by where the ricers all meet. this guy wanted to run for money but when it came down to it the money never came out. was a 97 hatch civic, with 4 heads in the car and he pulls up next to me at the light, and i was babying it just staying next to him laughing at him hitting the rev limiter, followed by the "this is my on the gas" hit, and he claims i sprayed on him because he hung with me, and when black smoke comes out of your tail pipe it means u hit the motor with a large hit of nitrous. all i could do was laugh
Old 08-23-2008 | 12:28 AM
11 Second Club
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by DarkJuggalo
i had a guy in a honda talkin smack to me one night at a local meet, it was me and about 7 other cars and we chose to hang out at the beach near by where the ricers all meet. this guy wanted to run for money but when it came down to it the money never came out. was a 97 hatch civic, with 4 heads in the car and he pulls up next to me at the light, and i was babying it just staying next to him laughing at him hitting the rev limiter, followed by the "this is my on the gas" hit, and he claims i sprayed on him because he hung with me, and when black smoke comes out of your tail pipe it means u hit the motor with a large hit of nitrous. all i could do was laugh
And blue smoke means you just added a huge hit of turbo charge... Tell him to hold a nitrous bottle before he even tries to talk about it...
Old 08-23-2008 | 01:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BeavermanA
You know he's going to tell all his buddies, "Yea I pulled a 'camaro to 100, but then 2nd time around he knew he couldnt hang engine to engine, so he sprayed at least a 250 shot on me."
lmfao i heard that exact story last weekend haha. i told the kid he was just toying with him and to prove it i'd race him in my stock TA for $20+ and he wouldnt go
Old 08-23-2008 | 03:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02anti_vnm
Haha when are ricers guna Learn we have TWICE the cylinders and that they're a waste of our gas!
You're pretty dumb.. Some of those four bangers will walk you to the moon and back.
Old 08-23-2008 | 03:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02anti_vnm
Originally Posted by cristoph
You're pretty dumb.. Some of those four bangers will walk you to the moon and back.
hahaha agreed

dont get cocky because there are more than a few four bangers on the road (daily drivers) that will totally rock any stock or mildly modded f-body

dont judge a book by its cover i've seen stock looking civic hatches with lots of work done under the hood run 11.50's

my roommate has a 89 240sx with an SR20DET with a t3/t4 turbo on an E85 tune and 24 psi and it puts down in excess of 475 RWHP on a dynojet

one of my good friends has a 1990 240SX with a 2JZ swap running 29 PSI the thing is absolutely insane and it looks stock on the outside

my point is dont be an arrogant ******* with your head in the sand
Old 08-23-2008 | 03:48 AM
11 Second Club

like what? a pos evo? a sti? whatever
Old 08-23-2008 | 04:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

i cant get enough of these!
Old 08-23-2008 | 10:44 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cristoph
It's true that some imports are amazingly fast.

And they're still not worth our gas. If you race a riced out Honda and win, big deal, you beat a POS Honda. If you race a properly modded Honda and lose, you just lost to a Honda.

There's no real upside for the LS1 owner. (other than the opportunity to embarass a riced out poser)
Old 08-23-2008 | 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1994Z28Lt1
hahaha agreed

dont get cocky because there are more than a few four bangers on the road (daily drivers) that will totally rock any stock or mildly modded f-body

dont judge a book by its cover i've seen stock looking civic hatches with lots of work done under the hood run 11.50's

my roommate has a 89 240sx with an SR20DET with a t3/t4 turbo on an E85 tune and 24 psi and it puts down in excess of 475 RWHP on a dynojet

one of my good friends has a 1990 240SX with a 2JZ swap running 29 PSI the thing is absolutely insane and it looks stock on the outside

my point is dont be an arrogant ******* with your head in the sand

I am not scared of a n/a 4 or 6cyl car with a throttle body spacer lol. Even if he had a good amount of work done to it or some spray he would not have walked me.

And i know aboud fast sleeper imports there are plenty around here.