Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

got eatin by a civic :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This past weekend a buddy of mine took his STREET DRIVEN Civic coupe to KC for the import races. Here is what it did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzIoH8_S_xc
It's the white car in the right lane. Listen to the announcer. He says what it runs at the end of the video.

So, like I said before OP - don't feel bad getting beat. There are alot of rice slow Hondas but there are also a ton of quick street Hondas like ^ this one.

Last edited by diambo4life; 09-02-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Addict

^^ WOW!! congrats to your boy!
Old 09-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ouch rice on steroids..
Old 09-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Teching In

You guys should feel lucky you havent run into some of the hondas up here. My buddy has a stock looking 95 coupe with a bone stock integra gsr engine with 150k. Had a shop up here build a front mount turbo set up and they tuned it to 498whp at 21psi. He has maybe 3200 in the kit and tuning and the car at 19psi went 11.01 at 129
Old 09-03-2008, 09:50 AM
***Repost Police***

Yeah, but no matter how fast a car may be, some people here just can't get over the fact that it's not a domestic car. Funny how when the F-body vs. Mustang argument is going on it's "my car is faster so it's automatically better," but as soon as a fast import comes into the equation it's, "well I'd still rather have my car."
Old 09-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Launching!

and what was the outcome when the poopras called out the LMR camaro??????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9WwAZyf43M

poopra got owned

Last edited by strokerblackhawk; 09-03-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Launching!

and what happened when they were called out by the boost logic poopra????????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVJvVWycCI8

i rest my case
Old 09-03-2008, 12:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Yeah, but no matter how fast a car may be, some people here just can't get over the fact that it's not a domestic car. Funny how when the F-body vs. Mustang argument is going on it's "my car is faster so it's automatically better," but as soon as a fast import comes into the equation it's, "well I'd still rather have my car."
And your point is? This is a domestic site, dedicated to LSX powered vehicles. Of course we would rather own our cars. Do you expect people here to jump all over a pro Import stance? Civics are viewed as bottom of the food chain in the domestic world. Hell, they are viewed as bottom of the barrel by other Import owners. The sites that support Civics and Hondas in general are so full of mis-information with kids comparing who has the most racing stickers on their cars.
Honda builds nice cars for basic transportation or maybe if you like a nice weed eater or power washer. The sooner people learn this the better
Old 09-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
and what was the outcome when the poopras called out the LMR camaro??????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9WwAZyf43M

poopra got owned
It's odd to see too much traction cost a Supra a race.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Ahh, it sucks OP. It doesnt matter anyway. You will get over a lot of car if you get H/C Nitrous, but there will still be someone faster somewhere. Theres no end to this mod crazyness.

This thread reminds me of the 1500rwhp C5 corvette; very powerful but very ugly. With that said, I would take my stock looking SS over that ugly Vette anyday, or any crazy fast and gutted Civic in the world.

Its cool to have a fast car, but the original design and beauty will always stay the same or so. Any car can be modified to be better/bad looking or faster but in the end, its a matter of taste and attitude. If your dream is to drive a fast Honda, then be it. If your dream is to drive a powerful musclecar, then be it.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by TT632
And your point is? This is a domestic site, dedicated to LSX powered vehicles. Of course we would rather own our cars. Do you expect people here to jump all over a pro Import stance? Civics are viewed as bottom of the food chain in the domestic world. Hell, they are viewed as bottom of the barrel by other Import owners. The sites that support Civics and Hondas in general are so full of mis-information with kids comparing who has the most racing stickers on their cars.
Honda builds nice cars for basic transportation or maybe if you like a nice weed eater or power washer. The sooner people learn this the better
true and funny..
Old 09-03-2008, 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

Since this is somewhat (fully?) directed at me; It's funny how I NEVER take the bolded stance above.
In fact I NEVER bash/dis/hate on Stangs like everyone else (well most anyway) on here. And I come from the era when there were none of your precious, sacred import nameplates around and it was ONLY Ford vs. Chevy vs. Mopar!!
In fact, IF the 03-04 Cobras were out when I bought my car, guess what I'd be 'rolling in' right now?!?!

As far as the latter part of that statement above, YES, I'll PROUDLY agree to that (as if that's a bad thing/negative )!!!
Old 09-03-2008, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
So, it was you!

Some kid has been ranting, everyone else has been laughing, at Club Si about beating a Z28 twice. He said the expression on your face was priceless.

Roll races aren't races. You've been a member at LS1Tech for less than 30 days. Now you know the true meaning for a 30 day wonder.

Jakes Dad
linky?
Old 09-03-2008, 05:04 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Since this is somewhat (fully?) directed at me; It's funny how I NEVER take the bolded stance above.
In fact I NEVER bash/dis/hate on Stangs like everyone else (well most anyway) on here. And I come from the era when there were none of your precious, sacred import nameplates around and it was ONLY Ford vs. Chevy vs. Mopar!!
In fact, IF the 03-04 Cobras were out when I bought my car, guess what I'd be 'rolling in' right now?!?!

As far as the latter part of that statement above, YES, I'll PROUDLY agree to that (as if that's a bad thing/negative )!!!
Actually that wasn't directed at you at all... nice try though.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
linky?
amen! i wanna see what hes sayin number one and how the video turned out considerin it was at 930 at night
Old 09-04-2008, 08:17 AM
11 Second Club

Faster does not mean better. I was at the track last season when a C6 Vette raced a hatchback Civic. The Civic was gutted of all interier except the drivers seat and it clearly had a big turbo. The C6 was showroom stock as far as I know.

Civic won with a 12.1 @ 123 (approx) to the Vettes 12.7 @ 111 (approx). So the Civic was clearly the faster car. But it looked like crap, sounded like crap and hooked off the line like crap. I would take the Vette over that civic any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

You can make any car fast with enough money. I just prefer to do it with a car that I'm not embarassed to be seen in when I'm not at the track
Old 09-04-2008, 10:30 AM
***Repost Police***

Well a Vette to a Civic is no argument... the Corvette is a nicer more well-balanced car; a true sports car. I'd take even an LT4 C4 Vette over my car. Supra vs. F-body though? And the "support America" thing is null and void with both cars, since neither has been made for atleast half a decade.

Edit: And the "mine is faster so it's better" thing came from the incessant Mustang vs. F-body argument.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by darrensls1
Faster does not mean better. I was at the track last season when a C6 Vette raced a hatchback Civic. The Civic was gutted of all interier except the drivers seat and it clearly had a big turbo. The C6 was showroom stock as far as I know.

Civic won with a 12.1 @ 123 (approx) to the Vettes 12.7 @ 111 (approx). So the Civic was clearly the faster car. But it looked like crap, sounded like crap and hooked off the line like crap. I would take the Vette over that civic any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

You can make any car fast with enough money. I just prefer to do it with a car that I'm not embarassed to be seen in when I'm not at the track
This is a fine argument, but you have to remember that most of these civic owners are kids who couldn't afford a corvette in their wildest dreams. You can get a civic for 1500 bucks, then slowly put 15 grand into it and you have a 10 sec beast. There are very few people like me. I could have built any car that I wanted. I built a honda because it is soooo fun to go beat up on 650rwhp V8's and watch the looks on their faces. It is sooo fun to roll to the races, and have no one want to run me except for the truely big dogs. The TT vipers and big turbo supras. I am definitely not ashamed to drive my car, but if I was I'd just hop in my escalade or my bimmer.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Teching In

Also going into random forums...... supra.... srt.... and even here.... and seeing people talk about my bone stock looking 4 door integra is really cool!!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 04:27 PM
11 Second Club

gsr, what trans do you run? You do alot of high speed runs correct? Wouldn't the gsr trans be to shortly geared for that? And I don't even want to know how much your built engine was..lol. What is your current power level? I havn't seen your posts or videos in a long *** time.

Quick Reply: got eatin by a civic :(