Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

got eatin by a civic :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
the only reason i modded my car is to prevent losses like this..it's gonna take a civic or any 4 cylinder A LOT to beat me.

don't feel bad, get some long tubes or a stall if ur auto
No cam/heads/FI/N2O on your FQuick... there are plenty of Evos, STis, and other turbo 4s that could give you a run with a handful of mods.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by _JB_
I'd drive it.
I'd also drive it....right to some Gran Tourismo, F'nF, import worshipping fanboy's place to sell it to him for some outrageous price.

Then I would go put that coin into a C6 Z06 or ZR1, and support OUR economy/companies for a change. (And personally, I DO NOT give a FLYING F*** if the 'sacred', heavily modded Poopra is faster in a straight line! )
Old 08-29-2008, 08:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dailydriver
I'd also drive it....right to some Gran Tourismo, F'nF, import worshipping fanboy's place to sell it to him for some outrageous price.

Then I would go put that coin into a C6 Z06 or ZR1, and support OUR economy/companies for a change. (And personally, I DO NOT give a FLYING F*** if the 'sacred', heavily modded Poopra is faster in a straight line! )
/thread.....

well put.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:06 AM
***Repost Police***

I've said it before and I'll say it again... that argument holds no water unless you buy all of your cars brand new. Which I'd say most people on this site (and in this country) don't do. And we're not even gonna get into all of the factory workers that Toyota/Mercedes/BMW/Honda/Nissan/etc employ, while Ford and GM are moving their factories overseas. Hey, as long as the millionaire/billionaire CEO in America makes more money it's fine, right? I buy the automobile that fits my wants/needs best in my price range, period. Competition is what breeds a thriving market. If the Accord and Camry hadn't come along and started taking sales away from the American manufacturers, do you think that the American carmakers would have stepped up their game the way they have? A market without competition isn't really a market. It's a monopoly. And remember, monopolies are un-American
Old 08-30-2008, 04:39 AM
Teching In

Precisely, funny enough it's those AMERICAN workers and AMERICAN unions who are making GM and FORD lose billions of money a year. Kinda hypocritical.

I didn't know that Toyota, Hyundai or whatever plant(s) on US soil do not SUPPORT U.S. economy by employing AMERICAN workers. They must be shuttling in foreign workers on space shuttles in the morning, paying them in Yen or Euros and flying them out in the evening. Damn those import companies!
Old 08-30-2008, 12:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I've said it before and I'll say it again... that argument holds no water unless you buy all of your cars brand new. Which I'd say most people on this site (and in this country) don't do. And we're not even gonna get into all of the factory workers that Toyota/Mercedes/BMW/Honda/Nissan/etc employ, while Ford and GM are moving their factories overseas.
And remember, monopolies are un-American
Well I DO buy my cars brand new, as do most people I know, so .
Besides, for 'your' Poopra, there is only so much (VERY little actually) of the aftermarket parts/mods necessary to turn them into the Nippon 'godcars' you and all of the other worshippers love and deify,that are actually made HERE, by AMERICAN owned/sourced companies, and not your beloved Japan.
"I guess we'll have to have the parts overnighted from Japan", where did I hear THAT before??!
(This I have also said before, and will KEEP RIGHT ON saying it EVERY time you bring it up as your import defense.)

Your import transplant worker to domestic plant worker arguement has been debunked SOOOOOO many times on here that I REFUSE to even go into it.
Your beloved import companies have a LOOONNNNGGGG WAY to go (even combined) until they reach the number of U.S. citizens just GM by themselves employ.

Are YOU and all of your fellow free trade, 'globalist', anti-protectionist, import lovers/defenderzz going to spew the same monopoly when your TOYota is the ONLY company left to buy a car from?????????!!
Old 08-30-2008, 01:18 PM
***Repost Police***

People buy what suits them best... if Ford and GM want to stay in the game, they need to make cars that people will buy over the competition. They've finally figured that out, and are now making products that are actually good, so people don't just buy them for the name. Like I said, competition breeds a thriving market.

Edit: And I still don't understand why you think I "worship and deify" the cars that you hate so much, just because I don't care where they are made. I'd take a Z06 or ZR1 over a Supra anyday of the week, but that doesn't mean that the Supra isn't a nice car.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:20 PM
12 Second Club

People buy what suits them best... if Ford and GM want to stay in the game, they need to make cars that people will buy over the competition. They've finally figured that out, and are now making products that are actually good, so people don't just buy them for the name. Like I said, competition breeds a thriving market.
Yes, you are right.

And if they keep on doing the bolded above, despite the domestics being as good (or better) than their beloved imports, we are doomed to become the fifth world country we are quickly heading towards.

Only balanced, UNBIASED competition can breed a thriving market that allows OUR country's economy to exist.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Teching In

As stated, American car companies were FORCED to step up their game because of competition from Japanese automakers. So, that implies that Japanese automakers were making better vehicles. I'm all for supporting the American economy, but not if they don't make the best product for the price. Like Irunelevens, I too buy a vehicle based on my needs being met and at a good price. If an American car fits those criteria, then awesome, if not, so be it.

It's very simple, if America makes the best car for the price for an extended period of time (in order to gain back the trust of those who have gone largely to imports), then I am sure we will see a drop in import sales and a rise in American vehicle sales. If Toyota ends up being the only company to buy cars from, American automakers can't blame anyone but themselves. Finally, I hope American automakers as a whole DO continue to improve their vehicles and end up being the automotive leader for their vehicles' merits, not their name and stay that way. Only time will tell.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:06 PM
***Repost Police***

Yes, you are right.

And if they keep on doing the bolded above, despite the domestics being as good (or better) than their beloved imports, we are doomed to become the fifth world country we are quickly heading towards.

Only balanced, UNBIASED competition can breed a thriving market that allows OUR country's economy to exist.
I could be wrong, but it looks a lot like you're saying that foreign automakers are making cars that suit people's needs more-so than American carmakers. American cars got a bad rap in the late 70s/80s, and didn't really do much to help it for quite a while... can you blame a lot of people for beginning to prefer Honda/Toyota over Ford/GM? It will take a few years of these new good American cars being out to get a good reputation back. That's just how it is.
Originally Posted by DVan8504
As stated, American car companies were FORCED to step up their game because of competition from Japanese automakers. So, that implies that Japanese automakers were making better vehicles. I'm all for supporting the American economy, but not if they don't make the best product for the price. Like Irunelevens, I too buy a vehicle based on my needs being met and at a good price. If an American car fits those criteria, then awesome, if not, so be it.

It's very simple, if America makes the best car for the price for an extended period of time (in order to gain back the trust of those who have gone largely to imports), then I am sure we will see a drop in import sales and a rise in American vehicle sales. If Toyota ends up being the only company to buy cars from, American automakers can't blame anyone but themselves. Finally, I hope American automakers as a whole DO continue to improve their vehicles and end up being the automotive leader for their vehicles' merits, not their name and stay that way. Only time will tell.
/thread
Old 08-30-2008, 11:47 PM
Staging Lane

me gettin eatin by a civic got pretty political i see lol im actually very interested in this so yall do go on
Old 08-31-2008, 12:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey just think that 4 banger wont last as long with that turbo and he more money in that car than you do for what, a low 13 second to high 12 second civic.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:48 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by c5z28
Hey just think that 4 banger wont last as long with that turbo and he more money in that car than you do for what, a low 13 second to high 12 second civic.
Ricer mentality... for the cost of a lot of the cars on this site (mine included), we could all be running around in 9s cars. But we aren't. Why? People buy/mod what they like. That's how it's always been, and that's how it's always gonna be.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you have a 9 sec civic it doesn,t matter because at the end of the day you still drive a civic.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by diambo4life
Sorry to tell you this but if your fquick UP is anywhere close to being accurate, you are doomed for great disappointment. There is always someone quicker and there are alot of fast quick/fast 4-bangers on the street. Don't get the mindset that your V8 car will always be quicker on the street. Your ego will get crushed when you least expect it. I'm just being pragmatic.
Sorry to tell you this but....

Old 08-31-2008, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

Timmy? Haha why you letting a lil civic pick on you? think you can set me up with him? haven't raced any fast hondas yet :\
Old 08-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Staging Lane

lol yea ill see what can do but u aint doin nothing till you got a clutch funny guy
Old 08-31-2008, 01:47 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by LSWONGTO
If you have a 9 sec civic it doesn,t matter because at the end of the day you still drive a civic.
When did I say anything about a 9s Civic? Or even a 9s import? He's talking about the speed/dollar ratio. If that was all that mattered, people with '98 Trans Ams would tell people with '02 Trans Ams that they wasted their money.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:10 PM
12 Second Club

I could be wrong, but it looks a lot like you're saying that foreign automakers are making cars that suit people's needs more-so than American carmakers. American cars got a bad rap in the late 70s/80s, and didn't really do much to help it for quite a while... can you blame a lot of people for beginning to prefer Honda/Toyota over Ford/GM? It will take a few years of these new good American cars being out to get a good reputation back. That's just how it is.
Of course the domestic manufacturers got a well deserved bad rap in the mid to late 70s to late 80s.

But just how long is your "few years", or DVan's "period of time" before the sheeple populace lose their brainwashing and start buying from their own country's companies again, now that they ARE rivaling and/or bettering their Nippon competitors for less coin??!!
Old 09-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Teching In

I think the exact period of time is anyone's guess. It took awhile for people to really start trusting imports over American cars, so it'll take awhile for the reverse to happen.

Quick Reply: got eatin by a civic :(