Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Twin Turbo 300ZX vs. 95 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 10:42 PM
LT1
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Twin Turbo 300ZX vs. 95 Z28

Raced a 300ZX TT this saturday night. He has intake and exhaust done built engine with stock turbo w/ slicks. I put 5 cars on him

My car has few bolt-on's, stock LT1 internals.

Will upload video when i get from friends phone.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Killed one the other night in my buddies lt4 cammed 355 TA. His is stock but I believe he added spray. It was a pretty close race from a roll but we KILLED him from a stop. I do know he had a kit in his garage for a while, and his car is a lot faster than it was. Stock for stock we killed it in a 4.6 GT, and he showed up and was keeping up decent with my friends LT1 car all of a sudden.

Good kill.. what all mods do you have? Car sounds good btw.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:23 AM
10 Second Club

Good kill op, nothing like smokin rice.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Good kill op, nothing like smokin rice.
Built TT's are no joke. Why is it considered rice?
Old 09-18-2008, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Because it's Japanese. Do they call American cars "hamburgers" on the JDM forums? Probably not.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Teching In

LT1, Why would he have a built engine and stock turbos? That makes no sense unless he was running a big shot that wasn't mentioned. I have a feeling he either isn't built or he's not putting the build to good use which again, makes no sense.

Flash, a stock TT 300ZX would edge out a stock 99-04 GT assuming equal drivers. I believe that your friend's GT won, but just saying the 300ZX is the slightly faster car. You could call it a driver's race I guess.

And yes, Steiner and BlackTT, it's 'rice' because it's Japanese and this is an American car site. Just how it is fellas, can't wage this battle every time unfortunately.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Teching In

why is it LS1 owners seam to sound racist all the time . People that are racist make me sick and hate to admit im american . its funny u guys are internet tough , u guys are all lil B*tchs and wont say it face to face . relax not all LS1 are racist . i read all the time ricers this , mexican this , or what ever else u guys are ignorant . and americans wonder why some people dont give a F*ck about America and why other countries hate us .
Old 09-18-2008, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

nice kill, but stock turbos/built engine doesn't make sense. do you know the guy well? import guys lie so much, it makes me sick so who knows.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by IvanGTStang
why is it LS1 owners seam to sound racist all the time . People that are racist make me sick and hate to admit im american . its funny u guys are internet tough , u guys are all lil B*tchs and wont say it face to face . relax not all LS1 are racist . i read all the time ricers this , mexican this , or what ever else u guys are ignorant . and americans wonder why some people dont give a F*ck about America and why other countries hate us .
nice irrelevant rant. while most would agree that calling a car a "ricer" isn't racist, before you start getting on LS1 owners, remember the guy who made the original ricer comment drives a mach. not that it matters. the typical "ricer" is a punk white kid with a wing, fartpipe, vtec badges (on non-vtec car,) and NOS stickers on a FWD compact car (civic, cavalier, etc). nobody said anything about mexicans in this thread so i don't know where thats coming from either. chill out.

OP- nice kill
Old 09-18-2008, 02:48 PM
LT1
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks everyone,

The guy i ran had his engine built and had to wait few weeks to break the engine in before we ran it and yes i do know the guy. i dont know why he is on stock turbo still, i assume he doesnt have money to upgrade yet. we ran 2 race from dig and 1 rolling start. he didnt stand a chance.

FlashLCD33 my car just has few bolt-on's no nitrous and never touched the engine yet. Bone stock engine.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Teching In

sorry for going of topic . and i didnt mean all of u guys just the few that are dumb my apologies

nice kill .
Old 09-18-2008, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DVan8504
Flash, a stock TT 300ZX would edge out a stock 99-04 GT assuming equal drivers. I believe that your friend's GT won, but just saying the 300ZX is the slightly faster car. You could call it a driver's race I guess.
I know it, I was fully expecting to get WALKED but we really didn't. I don't know if we were in the GT's sweet spot and a bad spot for the 300 or what. Both are auto.

The GT is stock except for an or/x and bassani exhaust. It is FAR FROM fast, lol.

I have to give it to him, that car kept up pretty good with my buddies 355 from a roll. Granted the 355 is a very very mild build.. home ported heads/intake, lt4 hot cam kit. The car wasn't running quite right at the time though, it wouldn't start up right away and was running extremely rich. He thinks he had a leaking injector or a fuel pressure regulator problem, because he replaced both and now it fires up right away and runs a lot better.

I do believe he put some spray on the 300 though, because I heard that he had it in his garage from his ex-gf. The car went from losing to a 15 sec mustang to decently staying next to a high 12/low 13 lt1 car. We killed him out of the hole, but the roll was fairly close.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:44 PM
12 Second Club

ya i would guess some spray in the race with the lt1. ive raced a na 300 with my v6 firebird .lol it was a good race
Old 09-18-2008, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DVan8504
LT1, Why would he have a built engine and stock turbos? That makes no sense unless he was running a big shot that wasn't mentioned. I have a feeling he either isn't built or he's not putting the build to good use which again, makes no sense.

And yes, Steiner and BlackTT, it's 'rice' because it's Japanese and this is an American car site. Just how it is fellas, can't wage this battle every time unfortunately.
Unless it has a 72 inch wing on the back and some off the wall body kit I will say its a ricer. But callin all imports ricers is just ****** STUPID.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
I know it, I was fully expecting to get WALKED but we really didn't. I don't know if we were in the GT's sweet spot and a bad spot for the 300 or what. Both are auto.

The GT is stock except for an or/x and bassani exhaust. It is FAR FROM fast, lol.

I have to give it to him, that car kept up pretty good with my buddies 355 from a roll. Granted the 355 is a very very mild build.. home ported heads/intake, lt4 hot cam kit. The car wasn't running quite right at the time though, it wouldn't start up right away and was running extremely rich. He thinks he had a leaking injector or a fuel pressure regulator problem, because he replaced both and now it fires up right away and runs a lot better.

I do believe he put some spray on the 300 though, because I heard that he had it in his garage from his ex-gf. The car went from losing to a 15 sec mustang to decently staying next to a high 12/low 13 lt1 car. We killed him out of the hole, but the roll was fairly close.
That makes sense. He's probably using the nitrous temporarily until he can fund a proper turbo build. Those cars were amazing in their day. Of course, they had an amazing price tag too.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Unless it has a 72 inch wing on the back and some off the wall body kit I will say its a ricer. But callin all imports ricers is just ****** STUPID.
And that is the sentiment I and some others share, but it seems to be the minority on this board a lot of the time. Different strokes for different folks. Pretty much any performance car has some respectable aspect, be it American, Japanese, European, etc. That's the way I see it. This has been discussed many, many times though, and since it's a "domestic" forum, this is how it will stay.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Steiner
Because it's Japanese. Do they call American cars "hamburgers" on the JDM forums? Probably not.

Mmm Hamburgers... I'm hungry now
Old 09-18-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

This thread = retarded. Good kill OP.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by IvanGTStang
Ivan wash the sand out of your **** before you post. I was joking about a freakin car, not a person, a car. "Thats why other countries hate us" Your right in this country we have freedom of speech, which is exactly why our enemies hate us. This is an American car forum and where I come from anything Japanese is called a rice burner, ricer, rice rocket, etc.

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
I'm making fun of Japanese car and you take it personal unbelieveable. I guess if I called your car an ugly azz catfish, you would crap yourself.

OP I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I was kidding around I didn't know we had these ACLU reps. monitoring this forum.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Village Idiot

Dudes I owned a couple of 300zx TT years ago...Slow off the line, but when the turbo's kick it moves some... It was such a sensitive car, turbo's would over heat and then you would lose boost... I sold them as quick as possible... Expensive to repairs as well...

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo 300ZX vs. 95 Z28