Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

what's an average WS6 run?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 07:55 PM
Truck addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: what's an average WS6 run?

better yet, if i go out and buy every thing you did and do everything you did to your car to my prizm with toyotas 1.8L can i run down ls1's too? i doubt it.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:20 PM
Launching!

What the **** is this guy smoking????
Old 09-08-2003, 08:26 PM
FormerVendor

Dude, Dragon, you're a dick. And yes, Integra can get that "POS", as you put it, to run 12's on motor. It would probably cost him about the same as the head, cam, exhaust, and tranny work you have, maybe even a little less. Get a clue.
Relax fuckface. I wasn't attacking you, but now I will. I guess I am the resident comedian around here, but I tell the truth and I guess it's funny. I will say again it is not possible to run 12's all motor in an Integra. Cost less than my work? Are you ******* crazy? First off my car is faster than 12's right now. My car could run 12's with minor work such as exhaust work. Now, at the end of the day, I'm cruisin' around in style while you fast and furious ricers are cruising around in boxes covered in decals that sound like ******* ****. Oh, and a "Super Greddy cat-back Evo Turbo Blow-off valve Stand alone fuel management Stage II nitrous computerized controlled activation(All terms in fast and the furious)" would cost much more than my work and it would still be a slow piece of **** . So blow me and have a nice day Ricer rapist.

Owned.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:30 PM
FormerVendor

I just realized something. I hate you QwikFix.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:55 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I remember correctly, even in fast and the furious, it cost them over 100 grand to get those civics into the 10's ... and thats in a MOVIE.

Either way, we're talking about an integra, thats ALL MOTOR, with NO power adders such as nitrous, turbo, etc ... with basically a rebuilt engine, running high 11's. I am going to say one more time ... BULL.

I am sorry, but I have raced a whole lot of integra's, civics, etc etc ... some with lots of work and big *** turbo's ... and none of them are beating me. I think that if they could just rebuild there little 4 cyl and make it some sort of monster, nobody would be wasting all there money on turbo's and nitrous, they'd all just do that.

Maybe it is just because I look at things from a physics point of view ... you know, the logical way. I don't just pull **** out of my ***, and attempt to make it fact. I look at this from the same way I look at everything else, show me some evidence and I'll believe it.
It's probably just that I am uneducated though.

Old 09-08-2003, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

This remind me of a guy I know.........

Told me his intega runs 12.4's on street tires.....okay lets race.

turns out. The car isn't finished. is for its powerplant......... gsr motor w/ a turbo kit he foung on ebay (t-25 with 4-6 lbs of boost)

told him I've beat an NOS CRX W/ slicks and skinnies many mods ago (raced till 4th gear) it was pretty racy with lexan windows and such...

another striped out crx on the dope recently (2nd gear)

and a turbo crx most recently (bearly got into 2nd gear then got out of it)

he also has a 95 honda CBR 600 that he thinks is faster than my 2003 kawi zx6r......

I do think that it is possible you beat those ls1's.... As for the Z06? ARE you sure? Some Corvette owner round here have been dressing up there vettes to look like Z06's. I've raced a similar integra to yours.

1995, B20 motor, striped he was running 14's. I think you car will probally run low 13's which is enough to beat a stock auto ls1 or a badly driven stick
Old 09-08-2003, 09:02 PM
TECH Resident

May I refer you to an example of what it takes to run a slightly modded WS6-----> http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php...hreadid=370559
Old 09-08-2003, 09:15 PM
TECH Junkie

See, what is funny is that i don't drive a ricer. Rather i drive a 2002 NBM WS6 that went 13.36@104.33 last wednesday (on a shitty 2.09 60'). I never said Integra would run down LS1's with his mods either, and highly doubt that he would hang with any stock WS6 that has a competent driver with his mods.

Hey Dragon, how much have you spent on all your mods??
TEA stage II heads- $1799
Comp Cam (what are the specs anyways?)- ~$300
LS1 motorsports lid- $89
K & N filter- $40
Granatelli NOS MAF (a.k.a. POS, stocker is good to 500 RWHP)- $299
BBK 80mm TB- $389
Ported LS6 oil pump- $129
MAC mid-lenghts (again, why?? these engines breathe best with full length headers)- ~$450
OR Y-pipe- $150
Cut-out- $40

That's $3685 right there, with out the tranny work, and i know a converter and cooler will run you around another grand, plus your hardened internals, shift kit, 3.73's, edit tuning, and nitrous will put you at if not beyond the $6000 mark. So you are telling me that for $6000 of work on a B18c5 you won't go 12's??

Also, what all chasis work have you done?

I never said that Integra would hang with you with your mods, i doubt he'd even hang with me with only my lid and cut-out. But none the less, if he takes the time to buld a motor that is respectable for what it is then maybe you could pull your head out of your *** and realise that there are more fast cars out there than just LS1's.

Six grand can take a stock LS1 from mid 13's to high 10's. I would also bet six grand could take a Type R integra from high 14's to high 12's. Ricer's **** me off, but fast imports i do respect, there is a difference.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

A buddy of mine has an all motor civic this is what his mods are
JUN LIGHTWEIGHT FLYWHEEL
BUILT JAP SPEC H22A STOCK MOTOR
QUAIFE LIMITED SLIP
CAMS,PISTONS AND COMPRESSION COMBINATION UNDISCLOSED

PLACE RACING INTAKE
KAMIKAZI HEADER
TANABE RACING MEDALLION CAT BACK (NO CONVERTER)
BBK 255 LITER FUEL PUMP
HOLLEY FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR
APEXI VTEC CONTROLLER
15” WHEELS
CLUTCHMASTERS STAGE 3 CLUTCH
FRONT INTEGRA TOKICO STRUTS
REAR CIVIC TOKICO STRUTS
GROUND CONTROL COILOVERS
CARBONFIBER HOOD AND REAR SPOILER
CARBONFIBER TAILLIGHTS
AUTOMETER FUEL, OIL, AIRFUEL, WATER TEMP MSD IGNITION AND WIRES
SKUNK 2 SHIFTKNOB
DC SPORTS UPPER FRONT STRUTBAR

WEIGHT 2200LBS. WITH DRIVER

BUILT MOTOR (HAS YET TO RUN)
STREET TIRES 13.40 AT 104.7 MPH STOCK MOTOR WITH BOLT ONS
STOCK MOTOR WITH SLICKS WITH OPEN HEADER 12.87 AT 104.0 MPH
STOCK MOTOR SLICKS WITHOUT OPEN HEADER 12.98 AT 104.3 MPH

Granted thats a civic with an H22 swap but its all motor in the 12's
Old 09-08-2003, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok, since when is a b18c5 type r head considered non-VTEC?

**Missed that, my bad**

and when did i say the interior wasnt gutted?

**you didn't, but then you seem to be leaving out a lot of details**

come on, do you think an engine that idles ROUGH at 1700rpm's and has a freakin 6puck clutch would be my daily driver?

**You never said anything about that, jackass, and I never said it was your daily driver**

ha.

**my thoughts exactly**

When will you people learn that if you are a "guest" in a vehicle specific forum that you should behave as such and not be an obnoxious dick elf.

What, do you think we're gonna kiss your *** just b/c you come in here and talk **** about how great your car is
Old 09-08-2003, 10:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

my friend has a teg with a type R head and a total GSR valvetrain... he's got basically every n/a mod, stock interior, and he's runnin mid 14s. I dunno much about imports, i'm sure there are some N/A tegs runnin 12s, so i won't comment on that. but...

anyway, they pull hard off the line, but after that its not too much. thanks.
Are you kidding? An LS1 with heads/cam has more top-end than my 9psi FI LT1 does. That's a ****** crazy top-end N/A motor if you ask me.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

talking about price is for ricers...

this is going to go import vs domestic the whole way, so let's just skip all the stupid bullshit from 8 and 9 second quarters ALLLLLLL the way to the big guys. Let's leave it and say that NHRA has 3-4 second drag cars with BIG BLOCK ALCOHOL BURNING HUGE PSI FI American motors. End of story.

American cars rule the 1/4 mile, accept it, because it's a fact. No country hits 1,320 feet faster than the American big block. Autocross is a different story all-together, but if most of us wanted to auto-x, we wouldn't be driving F-bodies, now would we?

Owned. (notice the period)
Old 09-08-2003, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

What I like most about the LS1 is the fact that all that power comes standard along with a cup holder.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:36 PM

What I like most about the LS1 is the fact that all that power comes standard along with a cup holder.

Well ... theres a useful cupholder, then a useless one. Whoever decided to put the cupholder RIGHT behind the shifter should be shot, along with the person that designed the mirrors that can hold an infinate amount of water, and the dirt magenet of a rear end.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:53 PM
TECH Junkie

How is talking price for ricers? I never said imports were better than domestics, i merely stated that for about the same dollar ammount you get roughly the same performance gains, IN RELATION TO WHERE THE VEHICLE STARTED, (akwardly stated, but if you have a brain you can understand what i am saying) to a certain point. Just because it has half as many cylinder's as you doesn't mean it runs double your times.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

i merely stated that for about the same dollar ammount you get roughly the same performance gains, IN RELATION TO WHERE THE VEHICLE STARTED
If you agree with what you said, i cant understand why back integras. I can undestand supras, rx-7's, skylines, v8 luxury models, but if, and believe me, IF you can get say a second and a half off your quarter mile for the same price a ls1 can, wouldnt you rather be running 11.90's whereas the import is probably running where the ls1 started?
Old 09-09-2003, 12:42 AM

Six grand can take a stock LS1 from mid 13's to high 10's. I would also bet six grand could take a Type R integra from high 14's to high 12's. Ricer's **** me off, but fast imports i do respect, there is a difference.

First off, who cares how much he can spend on his mods, and where it gets him? The subject at hand is a N/A integra, running high 11's - low 12's. NOT value for the dollar, or any of those other stupid arguements.

I don't care how much money it takes people to put they're car together, or to make it faster etc etc. The only thing that matters is that it goes XXX.XX fast. PERIOD. How you get there, and what car you choose is completely and totally the persons choice. But at the end of the day, it is all about speed. Either you have it, or you don't. The ONLY thing I am asking for here, is just some proof that you've got it. If you can give me something that says my X,XXX LB integra, has XXX hp ... or tell me I ran a XX.XX quarter at XXX mph, then I will believe you. Sitting here and telling us that your N/A integra, on an LS block, with forged internals, with head work, that DOESN'T idle horribly (not radical cams obviously), and some fuel and ignition upgrades ... ran down a Z06 ... that just isn't believable without some proof.

That would be like me telling you that I took my LS1, I did some head work to it, put a mild cam in (which you never said anything about I might add), changed the pistons and connecting rods, upgraded the fuel alittle bit ... then chased down a McLaren F1, which has almost twice the hp of our LS1's, stock for stock. Sure, maybe it could happen, maybe the guy driving the McLaren has a broken arm, and is shifting with his foot instead ... ya never know.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

How is talking price for ricers?
Ok, lemme brag a lil bit then.

I spent 8700 bucks for my car, and it came with everything except for the trans mount, strut bar, and new wires/sleeves. 8700 bucks and i'm in 11s. Gimme an import driver that spent 8700 bucks INCLUDING the price of his car and is breaking into 11s. I'm sure they're out there, but they're very few and far between.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

let me also add this popular quote-

"Domestics do it better"

They aren't necesarily faster, but they do it better. A big displacement naturally aspirated motor that runs the same time as a small displacement boosted motor will have a longer lifespan 99 out of 100 times.
Old 09-09-2003, 04:45 AM
11 Second Club

Theres 2 turbo charged gsr's that run every month @ our track. Both have same exact mods, and best they could do was 14.1 and the other 14.2. I raced one of them 1st elimination and he ran a 14.6 @ 101 mph. When we was lining up he was telling me "hey mark im gon be running as fast or faster than you next month, when i get my bogart rims and slicks on" told him "wake up man slicks aint gon give you 2 sec", Told him, by then ill be cammed and geared, now im cammed but dont have gears yet but he will never be as fast as fast as my Z

"4NSPEEDMYASS"