Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

what's an average WS6 run?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 08:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: what's an average WS6 run?

Qwik, a 12.05 isnt a bad timeslip for a street driven H/C. Just because its a heads/cam car doesnt mean its rowdy as ****. A heads and cam car running a 13 would be slow. I think all of us know that an all motor integra could run an 11, but that would be squeezing every last inch out of it with a gutted interior a super high CR, and cost alot more than its worth. That said, this integra **** didnt beat any goddamn Z06, he more full of **** than a bull's colon. Second, dragon, saying someone knows less about ls1's just because theirs is slower is a jackass comment and very ricer like. It may be true some of the time, but everytime SW gets a stock supra before he gets his hands on it, does that mean he doesnt know anything and cant talk ****? Both of you shut the **** up, this is pointless
Hey Venkman, I didn't say he didn't know ****. I just said I don't want his advice on power and speed. Get your ******* story straight before you tell me to shut the **** up. I will however tell you, shut the **** up.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:21 PM
TECH Junkie

I DID NOT say nirtous oxide was a fuel. Get that through your thick sull. I know that wen he says nitro he is refering to N2O. But calling nitrous nitro is a very ricer-like thing to do. Last tme i checked nitrous oxide is a power adder, and nitro methane (aka, nitro) is a fuel.

If you read closely Dragon went on to state that nitro is infact not a fuel, but an explosive, nitroglycerine. So by saying in is sig that he has nitro as an "Xtra", does that really mean he has nitroglycerine as an extra on top of his (extremely mild) heads and cam combo?

And something is VERY off with his times. a H&C car, 1.79 60' and a 12.05 @ 114?? Am i the ONLY one that sees something horribly wrong with that?
Old 09-10-2003, 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am i the ONLY one that sees something horribly wrong with that?
Yup.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol, this is the dumbest convo ever.

Fact: SouthFL has not lost to an import.
Fact: camaro Kid has never lost, period. (yet)

**** bench racers

Old 09-10-2003, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Until you're faster than me, I don't want to hear your stupid arguments about power and speed.
One, You plainly right there said argument, not advise. Two, this whole thread is based on power and speed you stupid assclown. Three, this is an open forum, if someone says something that makes them look like an idiot, rather than argue their right to own an ls1, you might come up with something more substantial and less opinionated. If you are educated, i would recommend you go back and ask for a refund, because a smart person will argue facts, a ******* moron will spout opinions and non-stop profanity, like you.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok done Flynlo!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=485172

Seems to me, even the administrator is looking for an mr2 turbo. Is it me or does it seem like almost everyone on there likes them.

Ok, lets move on to the svtperformance forum.

http://svtperformance.com/forums/sho...threadid=55085

Seems to me, most of the people on there prefer the mr2. Even your "DOMESTIC COUNTERPARTS" agree with the 2. Ok case closed! Now you can go on there and do your little vote. Go ahead and add on to the post count, now that you know about it
Old 09-10-2003, 11:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hm. maybe he's right. Oh well, just proves that the majority loves bitch cars
Old 09-11-2003, 12:46 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

What does pulling posts off another boards prove? I feel it proves you have WAY too much time on your hands 25psi ... and obviously do your fair share of trolling on ALL car boards, and not just this one.
How about the video ... all it shows, is that it takes 700 hp for an MR2 to run a 11.03 quarter.
Either way, I don't understand what that has to do with the conversation at hand.

Like I have been saying all along ... I doubt any of us here have a problem with a fast N/A integra that can hold it's own with a Z06. The reason I called BS, is because I don't think that he has one ... which is turning out to seem to be true. He came on here, tossed around some crap to get everyone started ... then as soon as I call BS and ask for proof ... he disappears.

I also feel it is much more likely that dragon did a head/cam swap on his car, without putting on drag radials at the track ... then the integra guy building a whole engine from scratch, putting a completely new computer in, bla bla bla ... and NEVER had it dyno-tuned?!?!?! "Seat of the pants tuning" !!!! Come on guys, that is a joke.

Old 09-11-2003, 01:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, Integra came on here asking a legit question and two of you jumped on him and the rest followed. I didn't bother reading the other 5 pages of nonsense.

Edit: Oh now I understand 25psi graced us with his presence
Old 09-11-2003, 01:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Wow, Integra came on here asking a legit question and two of you jumped on him and the rest followed. I didn't bother reading the other 5 pages of nonsense.
**** integra.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

25 psi: stop sucking the mr2's powerplants dick. If you go to toyota web site you will see that their top drag cars do not use this engine. They use a lexas v-6, a V-8 from a tundra, and a supra engine. The V-8 powered ride is the fastest!

Comparing bikes to ls1's is about as relevant as comparing a ls-1 or lt-1 to a TOP FUEL DRAGSTER OR FUNNY CAR!! FYI they do not run the 1/4 in 3 seconds.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Flynlo asked me to post this, to see what the results may be. So are you calling him a troll. this was done on his behalf not mine. Mullet.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

What lexus v6 do they use? Also didn't JGTC use the 3sgte in the champoinship cars(supra,mr-s)97,98,2000,20001,2002. Only 4 cyl out there.

How about Rosada Racing's corolla. Mid to low 7's, on a 1000hp 3sgte. Yes the 2jz might have a better time, but where not to far off. The point is, it's still a TOYOTA. And I proved my point on the polls to. So I guess you drive a BITCH CAR TO since you got out voted. TWICE!
Old 09-11-2003, 10:30 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

What lexus v6 do they use? Also didn't JGTC use the 3sgte in the champoinship cars(supra,mr-s)97,98,2000,20001,2002. Only 4 cyl out there.

How about Rosada Racing's corolla. Mid to low 7's, on a 1000hp 3sgte. Yes the 2jz might have a better time, but where not to far off. The point is, it's still a TOYOTA. And I proved my point on the polls to. So I guess you drive a BITCH CAR TO since you got out voted. TWICE!
Old 09-11-2003, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree.... But his car Mr2 makes 700hp. Failed to say that it took almost 30 psi of boost and 13,000 rpm's :p
Old 09-11-2003, 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

damn, 700hp at 30 psi? imagine if i was running 30 psi...
Old 09-11-2003, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Seems to me, even the administrator is looking for an mr2 turbo. Is it me or does it seem like almost everyone on there likes them.
Seems to me they need to buy slow cars for they're girlfriends..

and 700hp at 30psi is embarrasingly bad..

ANY CAR should be over 1000hp at that psi. it should be illegal for an engine to be so weak and pathetic even at those levels.

7 second? yeah what is the weight? NOPI (and all the import drag racing institutions) has real lenient rules to let their cars be lighter, because if u left it up to the engine, well they would be stuck in the high 8s.

if u want to know what HIgh PSI and low weigh can do on a v8, check the 6000hp top FUEL- at times modified hemis.

also 4 cyl dragsters use not only GM TRANSMISSIONS (Paul efantis and his not so fast supra)

not to mention GM TRUCK heads, using half a big v8s head.

Toyota has the weakes lineup out there now, when it comes to performance..

even a MUSTANG with less than 30psi is pushing 1200hp damn it must suck to have thst **** 4 cyl.

oh yeah some import mag was doing an article on puttin small SUV engine in there, or even a CAMRY.

LMAO u know it's bad when a Camry engine it's an IMPROVEMENT.

oh yeah a vette broke in the 5s this year..the MR@ needs to WEIGH -10000 pounds to do so.

Old 09-11-2003, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

You idiots are forgeting that our cars come stock with 10 psi. So in actualality, we are boosting 20 psi more than stock. So lets see. We make 200 crank hp stock(depending on which version mr2) and 20 more psi gives us 700 hp. So take metric 5 divided by the means of the reciprocal times 1/2 minus 2.5 take the square root of that and that equates to over 20hp per lb. Like I said, his car was having clutch and ignition problems.

You want to see what a 450hp mr2 would do, then check this out. 19psi(9 lbs more than stock.) Show me an ls1 with 9 lbs of boost, so we can compare actuall times.

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pag...ee=Toyota%20MR2

Did you see the 10.2 with over 135 traps. LOL Please show me an ls1 at 9 psi running 10.2's/

Old 09-11-2003, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

And where do you get 13,000 rpms LOL! You are silly dude. Try 8500-9000 rpm shifts, with a bad clutch and ignition problems. How can you pull almost 130 traps with bad clutch and ignition. To me thats impressive!
Old 09-11-2003, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You idiots are forgeting that our cars come stock with 10 psi
and they still make such **** power? good lord they make civics look good.

the mosler900MTS, weighs more than that car in the video..with only cold air and exahust:

11 second 1/4 mile. Ultima GTR 11 seconds stock as well.

they both have ls1/6 engines. OOPS. at 6 psi they would do 10s.

lol or u can just deduct weigh, like that fruit had to do because his engine sucked.

a 68 cobra did 12s stock. now put a mr2 engine in there what would it run with it's **** hp.

and juvenile torque? nothing.

oh i been Following the 24 hours of lemans...

and the last few years i see corvettes put laps on team porsche and and FERRARI...

i was steady looking for a japanese company..none qualified. NONE were worthy.

don't cry too hard Mazda won it once..only japanese company EVER. and they are Fords biatch of course.

this is using the c5r block, that please..people in this damn site have.

in 2001 corvette won 1st and 2nd matterfact..i was looking for the mr2 but i just couldn't see it.

not even in the lowest class, GT. why? because they suck *****.

How can you pull almost 130 traps with bad clutch and ignition. To me thats impressive!
i think gm put their Cavalier engine 1000hp with less than 30psi..with parts u and me can buy off the ****** shelf. LOL

put a civic/cavalier/ CAMRY, at 10 psi, and it anally rapes that car.

u know the MR2 turbo had SERIOUS issues with handling early on, it was corrected but still. imagine that, less than 200 torque and can't handle.

also he should be doing over 9000rpm, **** even a stang does at 3/4 that psi.

i can show a ls1 at NO psi running 8s though.

weighin at OVER factory weight. u can put these ls1s to 2400 pounds if u liked.

but then that would seem desperate like civic owners puttin their sad hopes on a "civic beats viper" video.

real life is another. show me anyting but a chevy car in the 5s.

good bye