TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: what's an average WS6 run?

time for the lockdoowwwwwwn...
Old 09-10-2003, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Super Mario, why don't you show me a stock ls1 block running 5's. Those motors have "ABSOLUTELY NOTHING" to do with a base ls1 powerplant. Yes it might utilize 8 cylinders, but by no means uses an ls1(5.7 liter) as its bases for making power.

Just becuase a cars "stock" hp rating are lower than the car I am comparing them too, doesn't make it any less of a performer. So are you saying an ss camaro can not perform with the likes of a Z06, or a dodge viper. I see people posting here all the times with kills against vipers. Would I be foolish to think you can't? Of course not!
If you think a stock SS Camaro can take a Viper with a driver that has a clue then yes you would. A modded SS could possibly walk all over one but stock no. The point was when you double your horsepower you're not going to maintain your reliability. However the LS1 doesnt need to double it because it was already in the target horsepower range. You said that an MR2 was more reliable at 400hp than an LS1. I highly doubt this since you would have to double your output to do so which would result in an almost total rebuild of the car. By the time you are through you would no longer have the right to call your car a Toyota MR2, since none of Toyotas work is left on it. IF you chose not to totally rebuild the car (i.e. Transmision, framework, etc.) you would be riding in a hand grenade.(in other words a not so reliable car) So saying an MR2 maintains reliability at 400hp better than an LS1 is an outright and total lie and you know it. One more thing the LS1 comes stock with forged connecting rods. I guess this means we have some forged internals to.

BTW quickfix go ahead and find me one of these hundreds of stock 4 bangers that can take me I would love to see you try.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:04 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BTW quickfix go ahead and find me one of these hundreds of stock 4 bangers that can take me I would love to see you try.

Yes, I would like to see one also. I (and many of us)have not lost a race to an import yet. Maybe that's why we're so boneheaded. When one of us does go down to one (and it happens), it's usually a race spec, gutted, one seat Civic with a big *** turbo.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

alot of bullshit in this thread.........to many opinions and not enough facts
Old 09-10-2003, 04:23 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fact: SouthFL has not lost to an import.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:42 PM
FormerVendor

Dragon, you are an idiot. You haven't made one logical comment that required any possible thought process in this entire thread. Do you honestly think that by calling me oh so hurtful names you are hurting my self esteem? YOU are the person in this arguement using the closest thing to ricer logic. You came in here and busted someone's *** because they claimed to beat LS1's, and hage with Z06's. You assumed that because it has 4 cylinder's it can't beat an LS1, well guess what, i can go out and find any number of STREET DRIVEN 4 cylinder's taht would hand you your *** in their STOCK configuration, and hand ANY car with an LS1 based engine on this board their own *** with a boosted engine. I am not flaming domesics, your logic seems to be a little off. Because i can respect an import i must hate domestics, and be a ricer at heart that drives a domestic (even though it really isn't) car? Here's an idea, try using that ball of grey **** inside your head. I know it may take a little more time to think of something intelligent than to just call me a **********, a ricer, and any other possible name with some form of profanity in it, but to the few people on this section of the board that DO have a brain (and they seem to be few and far between) you may actually gain a shred of their respect by at elast atempting to sound intelligent. You also may want to learn how to read before you put my scren name into your profle, and imply that you have "owned" me.

Something else, i am calling bullshit on your mods, and times. I highly doubt there is a single person on this board that has taken the time, and money to build a heads and cam car and not put a somewhat decent tire under it first. At least a set of DR's or something. So here it is for you

And lastly, why do something so ricer-like as to call nitrous nitro?? Last tme I checked nitro was a fuel, not a power adder.
First off, you're the last ************ I want to see calling bullshit. You think an all motor integra runs 11's.

Second off, nitro is not a fuel either ******. It's an explosive. Nitroglycerin.

Third, I did this time on Pirelli P7000 supersports. A non-sticky street tire. I have some Nitto drags on the way. You know nothing about my car, so blow me.

Fourth, I like to cuss you out and call you names. It's hard not to. Profanity is a great thing.

Fifth, use my brain? Use yours. Nobody on here likes your faggy ***. Open your eyes and close your ***.

Sixth, **** you.

Seventh, go to hell bitch.

OWNED OWNED OWNED
Old 09-10-2003, 04:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

alot of bullshit in this thread.........to many opinions and not enough facts
Old 09-10-2003, 05:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Can you read?? I never, not once in this thread, stated that this Integra ****** funs 11s. But it IS possible for an all motor integra to run 11's.

And you all want to see a 4 banger that will hand you your *** many times over?? One word, Hayabusa.
I never said it was a car, just said a street driven 4-banger.

Lastly, have you ever heard of nitro methane?? that's what i was refering to, you inbred ****.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:21 PM
FormerVendor

Hayabusa?!?!?!?!?! You stupid ****! Apples and oranges. I'm done arguing with you. You just let everyone know how ******* stupid you are.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:38 PM
TECH Junkie

And comparing an Integra to an LS1 isn't apples to oranges to begin with?? They have half the engine you do, and less than a third the displacement. That right there is just as unfair a comparison as a 'busa is to an LS1.

Back to my bullshit call on you, post your 12.05 slip, and then i'll believe it. 114 is just a tad too low on the MPH side for a H&C car, even if it was on street tires.

Also, why do you fail to respond to my statements that you KNOW are true? Afraid you inbred hick pea brain is going to get all confused and turned around trying to make a logical explaination? You are full of ****, your mod's list is ull of ****, and worst of all you can't even spell my screen name right to attmpt to insult me. You're an isiot with the IQ of asparagus. Now, go **** your sister . . . i mean wife . . . er, cousin or mom, whatever she is.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:38 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Dragon, you are an idiot.......You came in here and busted someone's *** because they claimed to beat LS1's, and hage with Z06's. You assumed that because it has 4 cylinder's it can't beat an LS1, well guess what, i can go out and find any number of STREET DRIVEN 4 cylinder's taht would hand you your *** in their STOCK configuration....
Show me a few.

Something else, i am calling bullshit on your mods, and times. I highly doubt there is a single person on this board that has taken the time, and money to build a heads and cam car and not put a somewhat decent tire under it first. At least a set of DR's or something. So here it is for you

There are a bunch. People who don't take they're cars to the track, such as myself, have no need to drag radials. Also, any high powered LS1 with the stock rear end, would also NOT want drag radials on they're car, since the rear would snap into tiny pieces. We don't expect anyone that runs a 13.3 to be thinking about that though.

Again, bench racers are

Old 09-10-2003, 05:48 PM
TECH Junkie

First off, it's NITROUS OXIDE (N2O)... not NITROUS. You make yourself sound dumb, when you attempt to correct someone else, with something which is incorrect. Nitrous oxide by itself is a NONFLAMMABLE GAS, which means that it is NOT A FUEL. It will not combust until it is introduced to a temperature of 565 degrees F, at which time it will separate into its 2 sources, Nitrous and Oxygen. The basic idea behind nitrous oxide in a car engine, is that a cubic foot of nitrous oxide, can provide the same amount of oxygen as 2.3 cubic feet of regular air. Thus by injecting nitrous, you are adding a much larger percentage of oxygen to the a/f mixture, and providing a cleaner, more efficient burn, which in turn produces more power.
Also, it is considered a "power adder" by every single race track, and I have yet to see "nitrous oxide" at a gas station. Do some research before opening your mouth.
Did I say nitrous oxide was a fuel? NO! Normally when I am at the track and I hear someone refer to nitro, I think of nitro methane, you know, the fuel.

Show me a few.
Again, Hayabusa.

Some of you really need to learn to read.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Here, incase you STILL can't understand my whole nitro/nitrous comment, let me spell it out for you. When i hear nitro i think of nitro methane, which is a fuel NOT a power adder. Does that make sense to you in your "our LS1's are unbeatable" world?
Old 09-10-2003, 05:58 PM
FormerVendor

And comparing an Integra to an LS1 isn't apples to oranges to begin with?? They have half the engine you do, and less than a third the displacement. That right there is just as unfair a comparison as a 'busa is to an LS1.

Back to my bullshit call on you, post your 12.05 slip, and then i'll believe it. 114 is just a tad too low on the MPH side for a H&C car, even if it was on street tires.

Also, why do you fail to respond to my statements that you KNOW are true? Afraid you inbred hick pea brain is going to get all confused and turned around trying to make a logical explaination? You are full of ****, your mod's list is ull of ****, and worst of all you can't even spell my screen name right to attmpt to insult me. You're an isiot with the IQ of asparagus. Now, go **** your sister . . . i mean wife . . . er, cousin or mom, whatever she is.
How about I post my dick in your mouth. I am not a hick ******. I am from Chicago. Posting a time slip doesn't prove ****.

Comparing a crotch rocket to an LS1 is different than comparing a ricer to an LS1. Ricers think, for the most part, that they can beat any sports cars. I am comparing an automobile to an automobile. Subaru and Mitsubishi are trying to hang with V8's right now. Is this not comparable?

Now, on to education fuckface. I graduated high school with a 3.8 gpa. I graduated college with a 3.6 gpa. I have an associates degree in automotive technology, and I am certified in all automotive categories. I am attending UK in January for engineering. How about your education? Have you got out of the 9th grade yet?

Oh, did I mention that you are gay?
Old 09-10-2003, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, that was quite the funny read
Old 09-10-2003, 06:49 PM
TECH Junkie

FWIW, i graduated high schol in May, with a 3.6, and i am currently attending a local community college. I chose this particular college (longview community college) for two reasons; 1) it is the FIRST community college to win TIME magazine's college of the year award, and 2) i recieved a scholarship that covers all my hours until an asociates degree is reached, or i obtain 64 hours. I then plan to trasfer to UMKC and persue my BBA, and possibly an MBA. I work ~45 hours a week between two jobs, i pay for my car and insurance myself, and plan on purchasing an R6 soon. But that's all irelevant.

And you are right, a bike to a car is apples to oranges, i just wanted to remind a few of you that there are 4 bangers out there that can beat us.

I know that my car is far from being the fastest lid/cutout TA out there, i also know that i have only been racing twice. My main problem is my 60' after the first 60 all i am really doing is hanging on, ad hoping the weather is cool enough to make good top end power (unfortunately i haven't been getting the weather i would like). I also know that the set of nitto's i plan on ordering soon should drop my 60 enough for me to HOPEFULLY (not bench racing here) see some 12.9's once the cool crisp fall weather finds its way to KCIR.

I only came into this tread trying to see if you would lay of the poor kid, becase MAYBE he was telling the truth, but in turn you atacked me, how fair is that. I drive an LS1 car too, i despise ricer's too(for more reason's than the fact that they think they all think they cannot be beat . . . my girlfriend's ex is a ricer oy and he is still trying to **** with my girl, but again, that's a dfferent story). But at th same time i ave riend's that have import's that are respectable for what they are.

I still think your MPH is a litle low for a H&C car with 3.73's I asked for you timeslip because i was wondering what your 60 was on the 12.05 run.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:56 PM
FormerVendor

1.79 60'
Old 09-10-2003, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Qwik, a 12.05 isnt a bad timeslip for a street driven H/C. Just because its a heads/cam car doesnt mean its rowdy as ****. A heads and cam car running a 13 would be slow. I think all of us know that an all motor integra could run an 11, but that would be squeezing every last inch out of it with a gutted interior a super high CR, and cost alot more than its worth. That said, this integra **** didnt beat any goddamn Z06, he more full of **** than a bull's colon. Second, dragon, saying someone knows less about ls1's just because theirs is slower is a jackass comment and very ricer like. It may be true some of the time, but everytime SW gets a stock supra before he gets his hands on it, does that mean he doesnt know anything and cant talk ****? Both of you shut the **** up, this is pointless
Old 09-10-2003, 07:51 PM

And lastly, why do something so ricer-like as to call nitrous nitro?? Last tme I checked nitro was a fuel, not a power adder.

Did I say nitrous oxide was a fuel? NO! Normally when I am at the track and I hear someone refer to nitro, I think of nitro methane, you know, the fuel.

Look above...

So when you were talking about him calling "NITROUS" ... "NITRO" .... and saying that NITROUS is a FUEL ... you were actually refering to "NITRO METHANE" ???

ROTFL ... right ....
Old 09-10-2003, 07:53 PM